Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Conz

Superstar
Daps
So is this joint worth an imax ticket or just fukk it and watch standard ? I want to see tonight with my shorty
honestly, the shyt is murky and overall pretty damn ugly. i saw it in imax and wasn't impressed, though it might look even worse in standard

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is the first Ant Movie that I may rewatch. That first act was actually good. I like the family dynamic, his arrogance, etc.

Bill Murphy did his thing too. Though it was brief it was one of the best part. The best part of the movie was the Wu "Triumph" video part. Ant Man got outshined in his own movie.

Lastly I was feeling tense in the last 3 minutes. His paranoia had me on edge like what's about to happen:lupe:

I'm still undecided on Kang. Not his acting but the character. That Dark Vador stuff was straight but again I've seen that in Star War movies. I don't know.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I hear what yall saying about characters dying. But is this Marvel's way to get away from the last phase? Last phase was all about grief and death (culminated in Wakanda forever). Not saying it is but just throwing it out there
i honestly think they filmed a major death for this, but once Phase 4 landed like a dud and they pivoted to make this the open to Phase 5, they cut it. it made too much sense and the end felt re-written

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Yep. If it can happen to Queen Mother, it can happen to her

:ehh:

I was banking on seeing her.
Judge_Renslayer.png

:wow: Soon

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Do you know how many kangs there are ? Lol. Marvel needs to get the hint that the fans want grounded and serious super hero movies that are a little lighter on the comedy. Dude bro thor, moron quill, black widows sarcastic assassin troupe and ant man's stupidity, enough. Bring in Zack Synder minus his wife to save this shyt from Feige.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Do you know how many kangs there are ? Lol. Marvel needs to get the hint that the fans want grounded and serious super hero movies that are a little lighter on the comedy. Dude bro thor, moron quill, black widows sarcastic assassin troupe and ant man's stupidity, enough. Bring in Zack Synder minus his wife to save this shyt from Feige.
no one wants this, a few "grounded serious" movies every now and then is fine. most people do want some comedy, they just want it done well. they've lost their way, stop hiring fukkin Rick and Morty writers

Conz

Superstar
Daps
more i think about this movie, the less i like it and i don't even like it. The Quantum Realm sucked, and - i understand this sounds stupid - but fukked with the scale of the Antman movies. The size stuff loses all it's fun in the QR. I missed the stupid little fun "Honey We Shrunk the Kids" type gags. They made a repulsive looking pizza big and Cassie shrunk a police car. Can you think of anything else? a lot of the highlights of the first 2 movies were shyt like Scott in the bathtub. Scott running on a record. Hope throwing a giant Pez dispenser. Hope running on a knife blade. Hank powering his entire lab with a double A duracell. Keeping a tank in his pocket. Turning a building into a briefcase, etc. All of that type of shyt is lost here. they shrunk a glowing mechanical futuristic ball thing... cool. Even when they are Giant, it doesn't have the same impact as it did outside of the QR.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
So here's where I'm stuck. Can Kane as a character carry this next phase? Not talking about Majors as an actor. Funny you mentioned Shakespeare because that what his speeches felt like. Is that commericial enough for general audiences? Maybe the next variant won't be like that and it won't matter.

Tbf that's a bit of a trick question. Thanos didn't carry the Infinity Saga.

A comic villain's notoriety is tied to how beloved the protagonists are. It's like WWE where nobody would care about HHH if he wasn't getting booked against Rock and Steve Austin. Thanos is GOAT bc he got booked against modern day GOATs (IM, Cap, Thor, BP) and an all-time GOAT (Spidey), all of whom were selling merch while Thanos was being meme'd as the nygga that don't do nothin but sit in his chair talkin about how he finna do something.

The challenge for Majors/Kang wouldn't be his performance but who/what he has to work with when it's time for his big movie.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Kang got the coldest suit in the game :wow:

I liked the movie, got a B+ from me. They focused a little too much on Janet and her getting smutted out by Bill Murray :skip:

Pym just sitting there like :to: after learning his wife was getting her back blown out in the quantum realm :mjlol: