Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
:mjtf:A water Mexican can kill an African queen. But this bruh Kang, can’t ghost one wonder bread.

dude posed to be this multi dimensional threat but he couldnt replicate rhe pym particle so Hank smarter than him then he got faded by antman and his annoying daughter. Majors acted his ass off but they aint give him shyt work with

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Reiterating what's been said, Majors was amazing in the role. One thing I will critique is that this should have been called "Kang: Quantumania" I wish Marvel had been bold enough to name it after the villain.
if that was the case Ant-Man shouldn’t be the lone hero in this. THIS would have been the film you bring in Loki to help out Scott and them.

Hell bring in Dr. Strange too..

Loki, Strange, and Ant-Man along with their supporting characters to take on Kang would have been an interesting movie.

You could have killed Ant-Man in this as well…or maybe Janet or Michael Douglas on some “ultimate sacrifice” shyt.

Oh well…

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Some of yall are insufferable lmao. Why would they make Kang overpowered when they got like 12 movies and shows left to do it? The Next Avengers is Called Kang Dynasty so he goes crazy at some point
Let these nikkas cook, gotta get it outta their system. :mjgrin:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
I do have to say though maybe the critics were right brehs :lupe:

Many people in the theater didn’t enjoy it. One yelled the critics were right and threw his popcorn at the screen and left! :picard:

Another said “I’m tired of this damn formula! Enough of the comedy!” He started getting belligerent And they had to bring security to restrain him and several kids started crying :wow:

One lady during the credits said she just wishes Marvel would go away and she can’t wait for the Shazam 2 so she could get “a real super hero movie again” :snoop:

I Guess maybe the coli and the critics were right after all and I was just stuck in my echo chamber :mjcry:

Yooo this story is wild :russ: :pachaha::dead:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
i don't really get the hype in this thread. Majors was good, but mostly for the fact that he has plenty to come. if this was his one movie, there's no way I'm putting Kang in the top villain tier, and everyone would be talking about him like another wasted villain. i will say that dude had a few moments where you can see exactly why everyone loves him. there was a point he's talking to Janet where you don't know if he's about to explode. there's literally tears welling in his eyes talking about... whatever the fukk his ultimate goal is. other than that he's like a shakepearean tonal shift with the power of like 1.5 infinity stones, who can move around the multiverse, but marvel has done such a shyt job establishing said multiverse to this point, we don't even really know the extent of those powers.

this movie isn't good or bad, it just exists. genuinely don't think there is a true standout scene in the entire movie, and there should have been 10 of em. Every Marvel movie has had at least one insane scene/sequence that i can highlight. i'm curious to even see what people would say for this one. not even entirely sure what's in the running
the crappy Star Wars level knockoff final fight with Kang's robot army and the quantumnauts no one will ever give a shyt about? Scott multiplying? that whole thing could have been so much better. The final fist fight after the 1000 year old genius ant army and modok completely shifting his character that basically takes Kang out?

bottom of the mid tier MCU.
So here's where I'm stuck. Can Kane as a character carry this next phase? Not talking about Majors as an actor. Funny you mentioned Shakespeare because that what his speeches felt like. Is that commericial enough for general audiences? Maybe the next variant won't be like that and it won't matter.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Some of yall are insufferable lmao. Why would they make Kang overpowered when they got like 12 movies and shows left to do it? The Next Avengers is Called Kang Dynasty so he goes crazy at some point

There is a large gap between being OP and getting bested by Antman, solo.

And anyway. They wrote him as pretty overpowered…till he wasnt :mjlol: thats the issue.