Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I give this about a 7.5 or 8. It was great. Great introduction of Kang. Jonathan Majors killed it. Glad i don't be basing shyt off of reviewers.

-nobody in this was over the top and annoying and taking away from this movie. Unless you count MODOK who is supposed to be that way.
-Kang was dope. I love how they showed the visions Janet had. That's all we needed to see to show how much of a force Kang is. -Bill Murray was good. Playing that "i used to smash ya mama" role. :mjlol:
-The council of Kangs was nice.
-Loki byke.
-I wonder who "Linda" was that Hank Pym was smashing.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Movie was cool, a little 2 predictable and cheesy at times but its marvel.

They better make these new Kangs alot more formidable though. Imagine a multiversal threat getting bossed up by some ants and a flying wasp brehs. Thanos would never.... if he gonna be the villain of phaae 5 i need to see alot more than what they showing so far.
You have to remember this version of Kang was exiled and weakened. He didn't have access to all his tech. They banished him to a place outside of time and space, so he wasn't as powerful. Also, part of what makes Kang dangerous is he exists in multiple versions all throughout time. So killing one Kang means nothing.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have to remember this version of Kang was exiled and weakened. He didn't have access to all his tech. They banished him to a place outside of time and space, so he wasn't as powerful. Also, part of what makes Kang dangerous is he exists in multiple versions all throughout time. So killing one Kang means nothing.

All I'm going to say is variants of Wanda >>>>

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Ok, I've settled down now and reflected on why this movie is so unsatisfying as a non-comic book reader. People have been hyping Kang up for months now and I was so excited about this new villain.

Here's the real problem. Yes Jonathan Majors is a great actor and yes Kang's powers are awe inspiring and formidable, BUT I don't care about him. There's no real depth or relatable motive here. He's just a really bad guy who wants to win. It's so empty and there's nothing compelling there. When you couple that with his crazy powers he's kind of a caricature. Both unreal and too familiar in his villainery. He's a cartoon and I'm not scared of him. It's certainly not compelling enough to make me want to see what happens next. I don't know how he's written in the comics but the characterization and development here just feels so generic as an introduction. But maybe this new phase of Marvel is just for the comic book junkies.

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
Ok, I've settled down now and reflected on why this movie is so unsatisfying as a non-comic book reader. People have been hyping Kang up for months now and I was so excited about this new villain.

Here's the real problem. Yes Jonathan Majors is a great actor and yes Kang's powers are awe inspiring and formidable, BUT I don't care about him. There's no real depth or relatable motive here. He's just a really bad guy who wants to win. It's so empty and there's nothing compelling there. When you couple that with his crazy powers he's kind of a caricature. Both unreal and too familiar in his villainery. He's a cartoon and I'm not scared of him. It's certainly not compelling enough to make me want to see what happens next. I don't know how he's written in the comics but the characterization and development here just feels so generic as an introduction. But maybe this new phase of Marvel is just for the comic book junkies.
I don't really know much about kang but I've seen all the marvel movies. They gave him a few motives of why he was doing what he was doing. I think you just missed out on some of it. I don't want to spoil it for everyone but they clearly mentioned at least two different motives which Antman brought up again at the end it was like literally the last thing he said.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I dug this one quite a bit. More than the majority of what Phase 4 had to offer. Also echoing other posts that the critics were way too harsh on it. Expect the audience score to bump it up over the coming weekend. Perhaps it benefitted that I walked into the theater expecting an Ant-Man film and not something on the scale of an Infinity War, but I really enjoyed my time. :ehh:

And Jesus...Majors has no issues making his presence known here. I found him more intimidating than Thanos off of 10 seconds of screentime and that's wild. Kang's suit design is easily my favorite within the MCU, that shyt is too clean. :banderas:

CGI honestly didn't bother me. It also helps that the movie is unapologetically weird as fukk. Kinda wish I took an edible before watching to take it all in. Broccoli Man turning around like :mjtf: :russ:I think Kang Dynasty is in great hands under Loveness. I was worried as hell but he did his thing on the script when it came to drawing the line between the humor and serious moments. Could feel his prior writing experience with Rick and Morty dripping into the Quantum Realm here, it honestly felt like I was watching another episode in most parts. When the humor becomes overly self-indulgent and relying on nonsense like screaming goats every 10 minutes, that's when I have a problem. There wasn't really none of that here thankfully.

I thought the weak link of the film was Peyton Reed. While I had a blast with this, the Ant-Man trilogy all in all is just okay and I want something better than okay. I'm so happy the man didn't get his wish granted with directing the Fantastic Four.

Brehs, I'm so happy. I've wanted M.O.D.O.K. on the big screen for the longest. Stoll's portrayal was priceless. Appearance was goofy as fukk just like it's supposed to be. His interactions with Scott reminded me of Frank Grimes and Homer from The Simpsons. Darren may have died but I just can't see Marvel going away from the M.O.D.O.K. character permanently. If this was it, then I appreciate the time.

Daps
Movie was cool, a little 2 predictable and cheesy at times but its marvel.

They better make these new Kangs alot more formidable though. Imagine a multiversal threat getting bossed up by some ants and a flying wasp brehs. Thanos would never.... if he gonna be the villain of phaae 5 i need to see alot more than what they showing so far.

I read somewhere that Feige said that Kang's power was neutralized in the quantum realm. I feel like they should have spoke on that in the movie though.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I don't really know much about kang but I've seen all the marvel movies. They gave him a few motives of why he was doing what he was doing. I think you just missed out on some of it. I don't want to spoil it for everyone but they clearly mentioned at least two different motives which Antman brought up again at the end it was like literally the last thing he said.
Oh I heard his motives but they are related to problems HE created. Kinda ridiculous. Or maybe I'm just burned out on these movies. Carry on.

Daps
So here's my theory.

I think that Kang in Antman is THE Kang, but he was neutralized due to being in the Quantum Realm. But this is the Kang that is about to be a threat to the Avengers. And this is the start of his story but we will get to see how he comes back to power and comes to get revenge on all of the Kangs that banished him and on everybody else.

PharaohAtem

King Of Egypt.
Daps
Kang variants about to fukk shyt up, thanks a lot Sylvie :beli:

7bh9vs.jpg