Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
"Maybe the pictures should get small again; it might be the only way to save an MCU that seems dangerously close to getting too big to do anything but fail."

"Both a dispiriting reminder that the MCU has abandoned wit and that even the most clever and idiosyncratic of filmmakers can be steamrolled by the unstoppable obligations of corporate storytelling."

"Prepare to be slammed by special effects, hammered by an ear-battering soundtrack. Oh, and you’ll be left mewling for mercy after an onslaught of Truly Bad Dialogue."

"Instead of bringing comic books to life, Quantumania turns live-action into comic books. Visual effects are a given with fantastic superhero movies, but when everything surrounding the actors is animated, nothing is tangible."

:huhldup:

Daps
"Maybe the pictures should get small again; it might be the only way to save an MCU that seems dangerously close to getting too big to do anything but fail."

"Both a dispiriting reminder that the MCU has abandoned wit and that even the most clever and idiosyncratic of filmmakers can be steamrolled by the unstoppable obligations of corporate storytelling."

"Prepare to be slammed by special effects, hammered by an ear-battering soundtrack. Oh, and you’ll be left mewling for mercy after an onslaught of Truly Bad Dialogue."

"Instead of bringing comic books to life, Quantumania turns live-action into comic books. Visual effects are a given with fantastic superhero movies, but when everything surrounding the actors is animated, nothing is tangible."

:huhldup:

It's over, brehs.

If Flashpoint is as good as it's looking like it might be, we are heading into a new era for comic book movies. DC will be leading the charge, not marvel.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
How are yall reading reviews without getting spoiled? Every review i click tells you the plot of the entire movie :dahell:
Broad strokes not the entire movie, especially how it ends.

I just read this positive review:

It said the world building is impressive, Majors performance is dope but the story is a bit cliche and the rules of the quantum realm seem to be played with too loose and fast for their sensibilites.

I read this negative review:

Kinda unfair in my opinion. The writer is just REALLY tired of this shared universe continuation and wants to convince you that you should be to. But otherwise they crap on the FX and just that the movie is something he has seen before in the MCU.

I think many just want the genre reset to where a movie is a self contained thing and not a constant ". . . . To be continued." Exercise. I can understand that I just don't agree at all. The story continuing on and on is why I like the MCU. Plot points referencing past movies and setting up future ones is all a positive for me. It really is like comic books in that way.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
One thing I've seen is an issue with the director I said years ago it be a mistake giving Reed this type of project. Major continues to get major props but the 3rd act is getting bodied :jbhmm: The constant green screen needs to stop too it's causing a legit distraction.
I think Antman and the Wasp is the worst MCU movie. I think they should have changed directors. Especially if you are changing the franchise's tone.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
god damn, this might be one of the lowest rated marvel movies :huhldup:

And it just so happens to center around a Black antagonist :mjpls:

Can't say I'm surprised.

And even on reddit it's getting torn apart for bad writing.

Because fundamentally cacs weren't going to write a good Black villain since that would mess up how they think about Black people because a highly intelligent and dominant (Which he's supposed to be from the comics) Black character giving cacs the blues would be offensive :mjpls: so they had to continue the poor writing much like with him on Loki.

And remember Love and Thunder was hot garbage and critics still praised it. Why? Because it was a cac centric film :mjpls:

It's over, brehs.

If Flashpoint is as good as it's looking like it might be, we are heading into a new era for comic book movies. DC will be leading the charge, not marvel.

Flashpoint is led by that low talent weirdo Miller. So he can't save anything. :scust:

And the Rock tried to save DC and WB from their own mediocrity by bringing him and Superman in as larger than life characters. Or anchors. But DC led by Gunn said nah. They want some Gen Z chuckleheads instead. So they fired the big named actors and are moving forward with mediocrity.

And Jonathan Majors mentioned bringing in RDJ because he knows that Marvel is :flabbynsick: without anyone leading the Avengers. Lacking Evans or RDJ has left Marvel without anchors to give them stability or greatness so they're adrift right now.

Because even if Kang does his thing, Ant-Man can't be the hero on the other side. You need bigger names to make the MCU impressive again.

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I think Antman and the Wasp is the worst MCU movie. I think they should have changed directors. Especially if you are changing the franchise's tone.
Fam I HATE that movie :hhh: Legitimately next to Love and Thunder I have never rewatched it. I just can't do it Peyton Reed is awful:snoop:You need a legitimate scifi type of director to do this but then the tone is another issue I keep seeing as a problem. Pick something and stick with it.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
only going to peep this for Majors....no homo

What other MCU joints we getting this year other than Guardians 3?

edit: The Marvels ...ehhh
"The Marvels" and a bunch of D+ shows
  • Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur releases February 10, 2023, on Disney Channel
  • Marvel's What If...? season 2 releases in early 2023 on Disney+
  • Secret Invasion releases in spring 2023 on Disney+
  • Echo releases in summer 2023 on Disney+
  • Loki season 2 releases in summer 2023 on Disney+
  • Ironheart releases in summer 2023 on Disney+
  • X-Men '97 releases in fall 2023 on Disney+
  • Agatha: Coven of Chaos releases winter 2023 on Disney+

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
"The Marvels" and a bunch of D+ shows
  • Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur releases February 10, 2023, on Disney Channel
  • Marvel's What If...? season 2 releases in early 2023 on Disney+
  • Secret Invasion releases in spring 2023 on Disney+
  • Echo releases in summer 2023 on Disney+
  • Loki season 2 releases in summer 2023 on Disney+
  • Ironheart releases in summer 2023 on Disney+
  • X-Men '97 releases in fall 2023 on Disney+
  • Agatha: Coven of Chaos releases winter 2023 on Disney+

ehhh

SEcret INvasion, Ironheart, X-Men 97, and Loki will get burn from me