Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thread is comedy and I meant to comment days ago.

The history rewriting with Thanos is a sight to behold. He popped up in "Avengers" then it became a reoccurring joke that he did nothing while his little goons got washed across several movies, while trying to get the Infinity Stones.

He was such a joke that there was an entire parody account (LonelyThanos) on Twitter, which was so popular the Russos had to comment on it.

Obviously the first 5 minutes of "Infinity War" changed all this but he was not received well in the MCU prior to that. So people talking about "the lead up to Kang isn't as good as Thanos"....:mjlol:

The lead up to Thanos was abysmal, and cats were extremely leery of him being a credible thread prior to "Infinity War".

Fred.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

The history rewriting with Thanos is a sight to behold. He popped up in "Avengers" then it became a reoccurring joke that he did nothing while his little goons got washed across several movies, while trying to get the Infinity Stones.

He was such a joke that there was an entire parody account (LonelyThanos) on Twitter, which was so popular the Russos had to comment on it.

Obviously the first 5 minutes of "Infinity War" changed all this but he was not received well in the MCU prior to that. So people talking about "the lead up to Kang isn't as good as Thanos"....:mjlol:

The lead up to Thanos was abysmal, and cats were extremely leery of him being a credible thread prior to "Infinity War".

Fred.

Yeah there's a lot of historical revisionism due to Infinity War being popular :mjlol: dude did very little before that movie

Kang already has more buildup than Thanos did due to a version of him appearing in Loki to build up hype long before his movie debut. What exactly did Thanos do before Infinity War? Appear in a few post-credit scenes doing nothing, and have like three lines of dialogue in GotG is all I remember.

Shaman

Poet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QC

Fred.

not to mention him getting chumped out of an infinity stone by one of his henchmen in GotG

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
Da foolishness to me is, dudes payin' money to see movies that they've already committed themselves to not liking before da movies are even released. Mind you, all based on theories or speculation. Movie ain't even dropped yet and some of y'all done made up all sorts of shyt. None of which is rooted in fact.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
not to mention him getting chumped out of an infinity stone by one of his henchmen in GotG

I didn't see it that way in this scene. Ronan is already a heavy hitter. No offense to Kang but Ant Man is a peon. They should've kept @Ironman alive and had him get hoed out by @Kang The Conqueror and his variants of white bishes all over the multiverse.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I didn't see it that way in this scene. Ronan is already a heavy hitter. No offense to Kang but Ant Man is a peon. They should've kept @Ironman alive and had him get hoed out by @Kang The Conqueror and his variants of white bishes all over the multiverse.

I gotta disagree breh.

Ronan ain't a heavy hitter in the context of the MCU, he was just another one-off villain in someone else's movie.

"Quantumania" is an Ant-Man movie, which Kang happens to be in.

See what I'm saying?

Fred.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I gotta disagree breh.

Ronan ain't a heavy hitter in the context of the MCU, he was just another one-off villain in someone else's movie.

"Quantumania" is an Ant-Man movie, which Kang happens to be in.

See what I'm saying?

Fred.
True, and one of the few avengers still commissioned which makes the most sense story wise. I get it.