Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
wild to me that they keep releasing trailers/tv spots and it all looks the same. just characters in front of a purple and gold vomit cyclone.

Haven't been this meh on a MCU movie in years, but i'm hoping that's a good thing, b/c i was hyped for most of Phase 4 and we know how that turned out.

You guys seeing this in 3D?
What? Almost every time I see you it's some depressing shyt about the MCU outside I think Wakanda Forever off the top of my head. I could be wrong but I don't think I've seen you hyped about anything. :mjlol:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
What? Almost every time I see you it's some depressing shyt about the MCU outside I think Wakanda Forever off the top of my head. I could be wrong but I don't think I've seen you hyped about anything. :mjlol:
definitely was hyped pre-Endgame, hype slowly died with each Phase 4 project. i think i was hype for Shang-Chi and Multiverse of Madness. one ended up being good, the other ended up fukkin sucking nutsack. probably hyped Thor despite it also looking pretty ugly. "The Volume" + color doesn't seem to be working very well, assuming Quantumania is also filmed in "The Volume" bc this shyt is fukkin ugly.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
wild to me that they keep releasing trailers/tv spots and it all looks the same. just characters in front of a purple and gold vomit cyclone.

Haven't been this meh on a MCU movie in years, but i'm hoping that's a good thing, b/c i was hyped for most of Phase 4 and we know how that turned out.

You guys seeing this in 3D?
Yeah, this shyt looks pretty wack tbh. I barely liked the last antman, this cgi mess looks as bad as the last Thor. And that looked like shyt too before it came out. Fool me once.

Supa cat

Catset Don Dada
Daps
:dead:Every Mcu thread, even few dc threads I seen him crying. Yet he’s in everyy thread waiting to watch like the rest of us.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Man, is it just me or is there no hype around this? I've been real busy this past week so maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

I remember when No Way Home came out and folks was making alternative trailers and everything cause they was so hyped :wow:

Can @Bryan Danielson reclaim the magic? I don't think so :wow:

You are comparing Antman hype to Spiderman that had all the movie Spidermen in it? I think one character is a little more popular. Just slightly. lol

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Yeah you can't compare it to Spiderman which depended on decades of nostalgia. But the hype still isn't there and I think part of it is that the rollout of Kang has been underwhelming.

He should very obviously be a serious problem for Ant-Man and the avengers as a whole. And he's just not getting sold that way. :francis:

And I've even seen some writing about him being a better villain than Thanos. Well if so, he's not getting pushed like that.

Because he could have been built up like Thanos. In the background for a few movies/shows pulling all the strings then he personally shows up and wrecks shop.

Like Zoom on the Flash TV show which was :wow:

Or....

They messed with something they shouldn't have, opened a portal, or go with the cliche they have awakened an ancient threat etc...and then he shows up.

And truthfully I think it's cac racism being at war with good filmmaking at play here. Because they can't write a highly intelligent and dominant Black villain because it screws up the narrative they have in their heads. :mjpls:

So they do a crappy job and the portrayal is mediocre because of it.

Last edited:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
@Kang The Conqueror get ready for prime time! 6 more days!

:wow:
:banderas:

8amKOR2.gif

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah you can't compare it to Spiderman which depended on decades of nostalgia. But the hype still isn't there and I think part of it is that the rollout of Kang has been underwhelming.

He should very obviously be a serious problem for Ant-Man and the avengers as a whole. And he's just not getting sold that way. :francis:

And I've even seen some writing about him being a better villain than Thanos. Well if so, he's not getting pushed like that.

Because he could have been built up like Thanos. In the background for a few movies/shows pulling all the strings then he personally shows up and wrecks shop.

Like Zoom on the Flash TV show which was :wow:

Or....

They messed with something they shouldn't have, opened a portal, or go with the cliche they have awakened an ancient threat etc...and then he shows up.

And truthfully I think it's cac racism being at war with good filmmaking at play here. Because they can't write a highly intelligent and dominant Black villain because it screws up the narrative they have in their heads. :mjpls:

So they do a crappy job and the portrayal is mediocre because of it.
thats the point of this movie lol

he has a 2025 Avengers film named after him already

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
thats the point of this movie lol

he has a 2025 Avengers film named after him already

Thanos didn't personally show up until Infinity War. Before then he was just sending goons out to get the job done while staying hidden.

Like Zoom did in the Flash Season 2.

So when he finally showed up it meant something. Because before then everyone let you know that he wasn't a guy to mess with.

Kang on the other hand in his first appearance got tossed in the bushes by that cacette Sylvie (One of his variants did anyway) and now another variant is in a fist fight with Scott Lang of all people. Who's not even strong for a human being.

When truthfully if he's so powerful a fight with a regular person shouldn't last more than 10 seconds. Shorter than the Thanos vs the Hulk fight.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanos didn't personally show up until Infinity War. Before then he was just sending goons out to get the job done while staying hidden.

Like Zoom did in the Flash Season 2.

So when he finally showed up it meant something. Because before then everyone let you know that he wasn't a guy to mess with.

Kang on the other hand in his first appearance got tossed in the bushes by that cacette Sylvie (One of his variants did anyway) and now another variant is in a fist fight with Scott Lang of all people. Who's not even strong for a human being.

When truthfully if he's so powerful a fight with a regular person shouldn't last more than 10 seconds. Shorter than the Thanos vs the Hulk fight.
I think you missed the entire purpose of the scene if you think he just got tossed to the bushes in Loki. Did you even pay attention? I’ll just choose to wait a week rather than make assumptions about a movie I haven’t seen yet in Ant Man. Obviously he doesn’t squash Scott out the gate because he will have a purpose for him. Are we really worried Kang won’t be a formidable villain? You think he’s got an Avengers title named after him just to be p*ssy footing around?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

That was not Kang. That was "he who remains".

:ufdup::hubie: