Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
put some respek on hank pym's name

yellowjacket.png

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Your right this thread as become almost like a online class talking about the problems of modern film/tv writing :whoo:
really this is the culmination of everything we kinda don't like about today's blockbusters, especially mcu

• Mid-tier CGI leading to ugly worlds
  • humor that takes away from the stakes
  • Characters with magically gifted or advancing skills (mary sues)
  • Enemies that don't really feel like a threat
  • The climax turning into either a fist fight, a ship crashing, or both
  • The general feeling that the story it is feeding into is more important that the story you're watching
  • obvious edits / story changes from the original plans for the movie
  • franchise IP that is a part of a greater franchise that is trying to create a new franchise
  • ugly costumes (the power rangers suits)
It was 'mcu problem' bingo, and has issues that hold down other blockbusters as well

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
really this is the culmination of everything we kinda don't like about today's blockbusters, especially mcu

• Mid-tier CGI leading to ugly worlds
  • humor that takes away from the stakes
  • Characters with magically gifted or advancing skills (mary sues)
  • Enemies that don't really feel like a threat
  • The climax turning into either a fist fight, a ship crashing, or both
  • The general feeling that the story it is feeding into is more important that the story you're watching
  • obvious edits / story changes from the original plans for the movie
  • franchise IP that is a part of a greater franchise that is trying to create a new franchise
  • ugly costumes (the power rangers suits)
It was 'mcu problem' bingo, and has issues that hold down other blockbusters as well
these problems are especially annoying when it's the first of the films and they have hopes of making a universe but it flops then we dont get anything. too busy trying to build into the bigger story without trying to make a good s solid stand alone film

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So is this the biggest falloff for an MCU movie?

It's one of the biggest fall offs for any movie. A 69.8% second weekend drop followed by what looks to be a 60%+ drop in its 3rd weekend.

Like I said earlier, they can still salvage Kang and Jonathan Majors did his thing but I don't wanna see that writer again, I don't wanna see Peyton Reed either

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It's one of the biggest fall offs for any movie. A 69.8% second weekend drop followed by what looks to be a 60%+ drop in its 3rd weekend.

Like I said earlier, they can still salvage Kang and Jonathan Majors did his thing but I don't wanna see that writer again, I don't wanna see Peyton Reed either
If these nikkas dont get the russos back for kang dynast and secret wars lmfaoo