Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
as far as Loki…. No they didn’t hype him, he was a character villain from the first Thor movie that ppl knew was basically a henchman for someone else. The big surprise came at the end when it was revealed Loki was sent by thanos…. The union between superheroes which created the initial avengers mcu team is what “hyped” that first film. “Hyping” super bad guys came from our thirst to finally see thanos in infinity war after YEARS of soft teases…. And as far as kang goes, let’s remember there are a lot of kings so if this one felt “overhyped” and let u down a bit don’t worry because a kang exiled from his 30th century tech to a foreign dimension was still able to make that dimension a kingdom and be a major threat. Just imagine a Kang with full access to his tech. It’s like how He Who Remains moved so fast Loki couldn’t touch him…that tech is what makes kang who he is and everything I’ve read about the ant man kang leading up to this film clearly stated that this kang variant does NOT have the tech he needs.
Yeah definitely a more toned down and neutered version of Kang for plot related reasons.

I've seen versions of Kang that can go 1 on 5 with legit avengers in other media.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
move should have ended with his existential crisis. when Scott started questing what he did, the movie should have gotten dark as fukk. melt that Welcome Back Kotter theme into some scary ass warped version, show all the people around him acting weirder than the breakdowns are making them seem, and shyt go all out, show a Kang variant watching from a distance or something. nah, let's end on a cake joke. the Baskin Robbins guy needs his payoff!

sidenote - man, i love shytting on this movie, huh? has anyone brought up the fact that Baskin Robbins has been the butt of jokes now in 3 movies? i mean, i don't wanna work there, but people work there... these movies make it seem like the biggest losers on earth work at BR. are people who work at BR watching this feeling like shyt? minor nitpick, but it's pretty mean spirited. "Welcome to BR where only ex cons and fukkin losers work."
this was I was kinda expecting when he was doing his monologue, I thought he was going to look into that stroller and see something fukked up and it was just a dog

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
71% drop estimate in its second weekend at the box office.

kevin-hart-kevin.gif

Biggest 2nd week drop of all the major super hero movies. Even Bigger drop than batman v superman so what excuse yall marvel stans gonna make now?

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Biggest 2nd week drop of all the major super hero movies. Even Bigger drop than batman v superman so what excuse yall marvel stans gonna make now?
a movie with batman and superman in it is going to have more of the general audience want to see it than an ant-man movie even if it's said to be bad
it's a false equivalence though

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
a movie with batman and superman in it is always going to have more faith to the general audience than an ant-man movie if it's said to be bad
What's weird is their needs to be an excuse for this but he wants the Snyderverse to continue when they hold the precedent HE pointed at as a terrible benchmark. lol
You can't make this stuff up.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a movie with batman and superman in it is going to have more of the general audience want to see it than an ant-man movie even if it's said to be bad

What's weird is their needs to be an excuse for this but he wants the Snyderverse to continue when they hold the precedent HE pointed at as a terrible benchmark. lol
You can't make this stuff up.
Batman v superman still went on to earn 900 million and was profitable. This trash won't crack 500 million and will lose money.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
The clown writer of this movie wanted Kang to be weak like Napoleon in exile where he's defeated :mjpls:

And I knew these cacs didn't want a Black villain to boss up but it's good that he admits it.

From the interview:

This movie had a tall order in that it had to introduce the Multiverse Saga’s big bad and make him menacing enough to where the audience will be worried about future Kang variants as well. But at the same time, you also had to give the Langs, Pyms and van Dynes a collective win over Kang. So how did you approach this juggling act?

With Kang, the danger was falling into another derivative time-travel multiverse villain. Endgame just did a time-travel plot in their movie, and there’s been plenty of time-traveling multiverse guys. And so I thought it would be interesting to approach the character first before we get to the more grandiose sci-fi elements of him. Peyton and I stumbled across the idea of Napoleon in exile, where he’s cut off from most of his time powers. We catch him at the end of a story that we just don’t know about yet. Guys like Alexander the Great or Julius Caesar are defined just as much by their defeats as they are their victories, and so I thought it would be humanizing to show a Kang who’s just been defeated. He’s like a Julius Caesar who was just assassinated by fifty other Julius Caesars and sent away. (Laughs.) Or he’s like Alexander who has just been turned back at India and has lost the worlds that he conquered.

And he literally mentions Alexander the Great and Ceasar but doesn't want him to be powerful like them, even for a minute. Just have him resemble them when they were defeated.

:mjpls:

When Thanos was properly introduced as the big bad, he earned a resounding win over the Avengers, creating fear in the remaining Avengers and the audience. Conversely, Kang the Conqueror ended this movie in defeat. So what was the rationale behind introducing our new big bad in the exact opposite way?

Well, I think you root for someone who knows defeat. Thanos says that he knows what it’s like to lose, but we never see him lose until the end of Endgame. All he does is toss away the people that he loves and beat Thor’s ass. (Laughs.) But yes, it’s a risk, and we certainly took some heat for it. But I am willing to bet that we are going to root for a guy that we’ve seen stumble and fall, much like Chris Claremont’s Magneto from those X-Men comics. That guy loses a lot, and we see how much pain he’s been through. And so by the time he really unleashes that rage, we’re on his side and we kind of get it. So I think we’re allowed to have a villain that takes a few shots along the way as [Kang the Conqueror or his variants] make their rise.

Loki also loses pretty hard in that first Thor movie, and so by the time he rolls back around, we get more of his baggage. But once again, the big distinction between Thanos and Kang is that Kang is more of a human being. And so his defeat was a way to showcase his humanity and his unending passion. If you go back in the comics, you can beat Thanos once, and that’s the end of the day. Kang is not a guy that you can beat once; he is an existential problem. And so he doesn’t care if he loses because he’s got nothing but time.

:mjpls:

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Batman v superman still went on to earn 900 million and was profitable. This trash won't crack 500 million and will lose money.
And then the DCEU pretty much disbanded and is about to do a soft reboot.
Meanwhile . . lol
If this movie does bad it does bad. No excuses needed.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And then the DCEU pretty much disbanded and is about to do a soft reboot.
Meanwhile . . lol
If this movie does bad it does bad. No excuses needed.

Then why are you making excuses for it? It's a trash movie. end of story. And Marvel's formula is growing stale and most of their recent movies had the same issues and were trash as well. DC is stupid for rebooting and trying to follow Marvels played out formula. They will flop and fail just like Marvel is doing now.