Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Serious question since u a marvel head…. Between this movie, Thor love and thunder and black panther 2, which did u enjoy the most and find the most rewatchable?

Before I answer that…..

Just wanted to say… damn man…. I’m mad I can’t find this tweet I came across yesterday. The context was about or to the people that are blowing out of proportion the Kang with the ants shyt and saying it’s a bad look to him or he’s ruined.

It was reminding everyone that Thor in the MCU once basically defeated Loki by putting the hammer on his chest and how that didn’t ruin him.

Was an interesting take and basically summing up shyt in 1 word as “relax”

Back to your question, I’m not sure if it’s recency bias but Antman 3 to both questions.

But that’s really a question maybe should come back to me later in the year

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Before I answer that…..

Just wanted to say… damn man…. I’m mad I can’t find this tweet I came across yesterday. The context was about or to the people that are blowing out of proportion the Kang with the ants shyt and saying it’s a bad look to him or he’s ruined.

It was reminding everyone that Thor in the MCU once basically defeated Loki by putting the hammer on his chest and how that didn’t ruin him.

Back to your question, I’m not sure if it’s recency bias but Antman 3 to both questions.

you're talking about this one?

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
you're talking about this one?

As someone who didn't follow any phases closely nor the majority of the films, did they "hype" that person up to be the biggest bad ever?

If they did, then point taken and maybe the writers will write themselves outta it. But if they never really hyped that guy up like that, at least not on a Thanos level, then kinda a false equivalency

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
Before I answer that…..

good look… that’s the answer I was honestly hoping for. I’m a marvel fan who does believe the quality has fallen offa bit but nowhere near as bad as a lot of others are saying. Wit Stan wars and also paid shills/ haters u just never know if someone is just going along with the crowd or not. Had u said Thor love and thunder was better I would not be taking my kids to the movies tonight to be honest…

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As someone who didn't follow any phases closely nor the majority of the films, did they "hype" that person up to be the biggest bad ever?

If they did, then point taken and maybe the writers will write themselves outta it. But if they never really hyped that guy up like that, at least not on a Thanos level, then kinda a false equivalency
No they did not

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
as far as Loki…. No they didn’t hype him, he was a character villain from the first Thor movie that ppl knew was basically a henchman for someone else. The big surprise came at the end when it was revealed Loki was sent by thanos…. The union between superheroes which created the initial avengers mcu team is what “hyped” that first film. “Hyping” super bad guys came from our thirst to finally see thanos in infinity war after YEARS of soft teases…. And as far as kang goes, let’s remember there are a lot of kings so if this one felt “overhyped” and let u down a bit don’t worry because a kang exiled from his 30th century tech to a foreign dimension was still able to make that dimension a kingdom and be a major threat. Just imagine a Kang with full access to his tech. It’s like how He Who Remains moved so fast Loki couldn’t touch him…that tech is what makes kang who he is and everything I’ve read about the ant man kang leading up to this film clearly stated that this kang variant does NOT have the tech he needs.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
good look… that’s the answer I was honestly hoping for. I’m a marvel fan who does believe the quality has fallen offa bit but nowhere near as bad as a lot of others are saying. Wit Stan wars and also paid shills/ haters u just never know if someone is just going along with the crowd or not. Had u said Thor love and thunder was better I would not be taking my kids to the movies tonight to be honest…

My opinion on Wakanda Forever will always be skewed though. That’s what made your question challenging.

As I didn’t hate it but I didn’t love it either.

Like everyone else, I was sad we lost Chad, but I was deep in the camp if they should’ve just recasted the actor for the character and just keeping it moving.

His family didn’t have a problem with it and I don’t think CB would’ve wanted it to go the way it did.

It was intriguing how they tried to work around it but it set things in that world in a weird place moving forward.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I’ll b honest I’m on the fence about seeing this tonight in theatres, I got 3 kids and a trip to the movies can run me well over $100 once we get snacks drinks etc, meanwhile it will be on my Disney plus in 3 months. I’ll be pissed if this shyt suck I’m not gonna lie. I feel like the last few trips to the movie been shytty ass flicks. Black panther 2 didn’t let me down the way Thor did
What do you need snacks and drinks for?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

He was not. I didn't know he would be the villain in Avengers until I saw the trailer. But also the MCU now just has more hype in general compared to those days. No one was paying attention to it like that back then and now it is under a microscope.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

I think the biggest different is….. this character Kang isn’t a 1 and done villain.

There is a fairly unlimited amount of them and Loki already set up that there are many that are more evil or worse than him. Losing the one that ain’t even dead is a drop in the bucket to what they had and we saw a sample

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Kevin Feige needs his ghost writer back from the infinity saga

:mjgrin:
The Russo's weren't ghosts:mjgrin:

You bring up an underrated point tho

Feige's name has become so ubiquitous with the MCU that nikkas tend to forget all the help he had getting into his position

Jon Favreau and the Russo's did a lot of the heavy lifting that built the first three phases into what they were. Now that it's JUST Feige and he has tripled the workload shyt is looking funny in the light

Conz

Superstar
Daps
ugly ass characters, man (there are a bunch in the tweet thread.) Heard TI was gonna voice Furryface, but he had to check his other daughter's hymen instead

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
After thinking about it for a week, here’s what didn’t and did work for me.

Didn’t work:
-Goofy plot
-Janet never mentioning Kang
-The awful jokes
-The stupid Quantum creatures
-The stupid walking buildings
-Bill Murray’s character
-All that damn CGI
-Generic army of Mysterio looking soldiers
-Goofy looking battles
-Scott’s daughter can’t act
-The movie looked too bright and polished