Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Ever. That's also another reason folks be mad. Dudes will watch these souped up theories that these YouTube personalities concoct and read all sorts of spoilers then get upset when they don't turn out to be true. This was also seen with MoM (think Superior Ironman and whomever else folks hyped themselves up in believing that certain characters would appear & certain events happen).
Low-key, this is also why a lot of people are mad. But to their credit, a lot of it is low hanging fruit or shyt that follows the comics. Would make it incredibly easy to stick to landing and keep the momentum going for Marvel.

A lot of the MCU is feeling very mid-90's Disney live-action comedy to me, with Superheroes.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Having not seen this yet, but reading all the reviews and my own MCU burnout aside, MCU feels like it’s where the Resident Evil franchise was by RE6. Hopefully enough backlash will prompt a turnaround, but who knows?

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
Yes just from the context of the series…. These was the best Antman movie by far.

I know TI and the other guys were kinda low key disappointed they weren’t in these movies….. but I’m glad they didn’t try to force fit them in there for laughs.

This movie accomplishes what it needs in my opinion
Serious question since u a marvel head…. Between this movie, Thor love and thunder and black panther 2, which did u enjoy the most and find the most rewatchable?

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
I’ll b honest I’m on the fence about seeing this tonight in theatres, I got 3 kids and a trip to the movies can run me well over $100 once we get snacks drinks etc, meanwhile it will be on my Disney plus in 3 months. I’ll be pissed if this shyt suck I’m not gonna lie. I feel like the last few trips to the movie been shytty ass flicks. Black panther 2 didn’t let me down the way Thor did

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Remember at the very end of spiderman when Strange came? Remember how we saw shadowy figures in the incursion? What if those were Kang's 3 variants Rama Tut, Centurion and Immortus?

What if the big baddies aren't Kang but his 3 variants are the ultimate Omega level threat more powerful than Thanos.
Would spit my fukkin' drink out if I found out Rhino's silhouette in NWH was just Jonathan Majors in the cut. :russ:

The scary part is that we haven't really seen the on-start of an incursion yet in the MCU. Closest thing was Sinister Strange's world in MoM that showed the aftermath of such, but nothing as far as one randomly popping off during a fight. Hoping Marvel can nail the spontaneity and dread. The ending of Kang Dynasty could just fukk around and turn out darker than Infinity War's depending on how they play their cards. :wow:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Too your point, the framework for Phase 4, despite launching a bunch of C and D list characters, could've been solid.

Shang-Chi would've been fire had they just left it a smaller family Drama. No need for the Ta Lo crap and the massive dragon CGI fest.

Eternals, the more I think about it could've been a great movie with minor tweaks. I honestly think the Celestial introduction could've explained Thanos's heel turn. Titan's destruction and Thanos's motivation could easily have been explained by a a Celestial being born. Could've explained Kang's tech. Could've explained the mutant X gene. Druiq should've been the bad guy too. Tons of little things could've made this a much better movie. Personally, I loved the tone and the premise. It just felt unbalanced without any connectivity to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
You wanted Eternals to be longer? lol
That's the main problem with it.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Would spit my fukkin' drink out if I found out Rhino's silhouette in NWH was just Jonathan Majors in the cut. :russ:

The scary part is that we haven't really seen the on-start of an incursion yet in the MCU. Closest thing was Sinister Strange's world in MoM that showed the aftermath of such, but nothing as far as one randomly popping off during a fight. Hoping Marvel can nail the spontaneity and dread. The ending of Kang Dynasty could just fukk around and turn out darker than Infinity War's depending on how they play their cards. :wow:
The ending, my theory is that Ant Man is stuck in a timeloop where everyone dies just like he thought and he has to replay Cassies non-birthday birthday enjoying their last day on earth.

Also I'm referring to these guys at the end of NWH, or was that just sinister 6? Would be odd to just place them there. Kang variants would make so much more sense as an imminent threat also correlating back to MoM.
black-cat-1649354103094.png

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I’ll b honest I’m on the fence about seeing this tonight in theatres, I got 3 kids and a trip to the movies can run me well over $100 once we get snacks drinks etc, meanwhile it will be on my Disney plus in 3 months. I’ll be pissed if this shyt suck I’m not gonna lie. I feel like the last few trips to the movie been shytty ass flicks. Black panther 2 didn’t let me down the way Thor did
At the very least, the movies humor is on point and you get to see Jonathan Majors put on a masterclass in acting and make seasoned actors look like amateurs

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
Got a theory that
Victor Timely created the Quantum Realm (in the comics, he created Chronopolis) to contain Kang(s), almost like a time prison.

It was said that Victor Timely is just a disguise so he can dip off without being detected in another time stream and not just another variant.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
You wanted Eternals to be longer? lol
That's the main problem with it.
Eternals was very Lord of the Rings ish, albeit with characters none of us care for, but if the story makes us care for them, a 2 and a half hour run time wouldn't matter.

Most of my recommendations don't alter the run time, and the Thanos ish could've been consolidated to 5 minutes. Hell, you really don't even need to show Thanos, just show a Celestial being born from Titan and ripping the planet apart. It explains the famine, the fukked up gravity, it explains why no one was there anymore and it explains why he felt half the universe needed to die, so they wouldn't become food for Celestials and have their entire worlds destroyed. His solution kills people but saves the planet, and it's indiscriminate.

I honestly hope they add some nuance to Kang in that regard as well. One thing I have yet to see anyone mention about Kang yet is, where does Rinslayer fit in, in all of this, because you know she's going to pop up.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
The ending, my theory is that Ant Man is stuck in a timeloop where everyone dies just like he thought and he has to replay Cassies non-birthday birthday enjoying their last day on earth.

Also I'm referring to these guys at the end of NWH, or was that just sinister 6? Would be odd to just place them there. Kang variants would make so much more sense as an imminent threat also correlating back to MoM.
move should have ended with his existential crisis. when Scott started questing what he did, the movie should have gotten dark as fukk. melt that Welcome Back Kotter theme into some scary ass warped version, show all the people around him acting weirder than the breakdowns are making them seem, and shyt go all out, show a Kang variant watching from a distance or something. nah, let's end on a cake joke. the Baskin Robbins guy needs his payoff!

sidenote - man, i love shytting on this movie, huh? has anyone brought up the fact that Baskin Robbins has been the butt of jokes now in 3 movies? i mean, i don't wanna work there, but people work there... these movies make it seem like the biggest losers on earth work at BR. are people who work at BR watching this feeling like shyt? minor nitpick, but it's pretty mean spirited. "Welcome to BR where only ex cons and fukkin losers work."

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
move should have ended with his existential crisis. when Scott started questing what he did, the movie should have gotten dark as fukk. melt that Welcome Back Kotter theme into some scary ass warped version, show all the people around him acting weirder than the breakdowns are making them seem, and shyt go all out, show a Kang variant watching from a distance or something. nah, let's end on a cake joke. the Baskin Robbins guy needs his payoff!

sidenote - man, i love shytting on this movie, huh? has anyone brought up the fact that Baskin Robbins has been the butt of jokes now in 3 movies? i mean, i don't wanna work there, but people work there... these movies make it seem like the biggest losers on earth work at BR. are people who work at BR watching this feeling like shyt? minor nitpick, but it's pretty mean spirited. "Welcome to BR where only ex cons and fukkin losers work."
Possible they've been foreshadowing it or tampering in MoM and NWH. But I mean if Kang did some Green Goblin or Wanda type ish, how would audiences really react?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Eternals was very Lord of the Rings ish, albeit with characters none of us care for, but if the story makes us care for them, a 2 and a half hour run time wouldn't matter.

Most of my recommendations don't alter the run time, and the Thanos ish could've been consolidated to 5 minutes. Hell, you really don't even need to show Thanos, just show a Celestial being born from Titan and ripping the planet apart. It explains the famine, the fukked up gravity, it explains why no one was there anymore and it explains why he felt half the universe needed to die, so they wouldn't become food for Celestials and have their entire worlds destroyed. His solution kills people but saves the planet, and it's indiscriminate.

I honestly hope they add some nuance to Kang in that regard as well. One thing I have yet to see anyone mention about Kang yet is, where does Rinslayer fit in, in all of this, because you know she's going to pop up.
The end credit scene with Starfox points to all you mentioned. They confirmed Thanos is an Eternal and based on that you can infer the rest.
And I assume a version of Renslayer was this Kang's soulmate and another version of him wiped out her and her timeline. That's what he wants revenge for. And he is also activating the TVA version of Ravonna to save his love interest once the time loop restarts.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Those were just trapped Spider-Man characters yearning for freedom before Sony butchers them with wasted standalone films. :mjcry: