Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
None of these intricate fan theories ever come true.

Ever. That's also another reason folks be mad. Dudes will watch these souped up theories that these YouTube personalities concoct and read all sorts of spoilers then get upset when they don't turn out to be true. This was also seen with MoM (think Superior Ironman and whomever else folks hyped themselves up in believing that certain characters would appear & certain events happen).

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Ever. That's also another reason folks be mad. Dudes will watch these souped up theories that these YouTube personalities concoct and read all sorts of spoilers then get upset when they don't turn out to be true. This was also seen with MoM (think Superior Ironman and whomever else folks hyped themselves up in believing that certain characters would appear & certain events happen).
Yeah, I avoided all that for Dr. Strange and it definitely improved my experience.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
movie seems to be predicably tanking in the 2nd week. might not surpass the 2nd Antman at the box office. they can't spin that, so maybe that'll actually turn into a good thing longterm. doubt it

Conz

Superstar
Daps
there's gonna be a tell all book, or documentary within a decade that basically tells us that every Marvel project post covid was considerably better in script and pre-pro form. all of these movies have been butchered horseshyt. Even the movies that don't have "this had a ton of reshoots" rumors attached to them are clearly chopped to bits.

For example - Shang-chi's dad was basically an immortal who ruled dynasties throughout history... we saw him do that in like 1 scene. The coolest part of the lore of the character, and we got basically nothing.

On the same topic, The Eternals were immortals who influenced every major even throughout history... we saw them go to like 1 ancient city, and saw Paper Boi cry at Hiroshima. Everything about that movie people don't like aside, the backstory of these characters could have been incredible, and we got... basically nothing.

then of course i repeat myself and bring up how we didn't see Gorr butcher Gods, we didn't see Jane become Thor, we saw almost none of the "Mad" multiverse, etc. I liked Wakanda Forever fine, but never wanna watch it again b/c i know damn well there's a ton of bullshyt in there too. I haven't rewatched No Way Home again either bc i just assume it's gonna dawn on me that once you get past seeing all the old characters, the movie is probably also a fukkin mess.

Marvel fukkin sucks now. We're basically looking at a bunch of 2.5/3 out 5 movies, with the ceiling basically being 3.5. weak

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
i feel fortunate I'm not that invested into anything like that to watch those deep dives..plus I do like being surprised

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
One plot hole that low-key bothered me was.
When they got sucked in that portal or whatever and their computers and equipment got sucked into… But when they came back, they could use their computers again?
Ants on the Earth side had their equipment ready for the ant fam's return.....hush :troll:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Remember at the very end of spiderman when Strange came? Remember how we saw 3 shadowy figures in the incursion? What if those were Kang's 3 variants Rama Tut, Centurion and Immortus?

What if the big baddies aren't Kang but his 3 variants are the ultimate Omega level threat more powerful than Thanos.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
there's gonna be a tell all book, or documentary within a decade that basically tells us that every Marvel project post covid was considerably better in script and pre-pro form. all of these movies have been butchered horseshyt. Even the movies that don't have "this had a ton of reshoots" rumors attached to them are clearly chopped to bits.

For example - Shang-chi's dad was basically an immortal who ruled dynasties throughout history... we saw him do that in like 1 scene. The coolest part of the lore of the character, and we got basically nothing.

On the same topic, The Eternals were immortals who influenced every major even throughout history... we saw them go to like 1 ancient city, and saw Paper Boi cry at Hiroshima. Everything about that movie people don't like aside, the backstory of these characters could have been incredible, and we got... basically nothing.

then of course i repeat myself and bring up how we didn't see Gorr butcher Gods, we didn't see Jane become Thor, we saw almost none of the "Mad" multiverse, etc. I liked Wakanda Forever fine, but never wanna watch it again b/c i know damn well there's a ton of bullshyt in there too. I haven't rewatched No Way Home again either bc i just assume it's gonna dawn on me that once you get past seeing all the old characters, the movie is probably also a fukkin mess.

Marvel fukkin sucks now. We're basically looking at a bunch of 2.5/3 out 5 movies, with the ceiling basically being 3.5. weak

Too your point, the framework for Phase 4, despite launching a bunch of C and D list characters, could've been solid.

Shang-Chi would've been fire had they just left it a smaller family Drama. No need for the Ta Lo crap and the massive dragon CGI fest.

Eternals, the more I think about it could've been a great movie with minor tweaks. I honestly think the Celestial introduction could've explained Thanos's heel turn. Titan's destruction and Thanos's motivation could easily have been explained by a a Celestial being born. Could've explained Kang's tech. Could've explained the mutant X gene. Druiq should've been the bad guy too. Tons of little things could've made this a much better movie. Personally, I loved the tone and the premise. It just felt unbalanced without any connectivity to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.