Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If Kang needed to be defeated for the sake of the story, it should been through some strategic method, an ambush of some sort, tactics, etc.

Not on some brute force, motivation speech to rally the rebellion, his quantum army should not had got thump on by the rebellion so easily, Kang should not had lost in the manners that he did.
The rebels were losing then the Ants showed up. But basically I agree with you. They should have just scrapped the rebels storyline completely and made the Ants and Hank Pym's role meatier.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The Skrulls should have been the villains of phase 4/5. The paranoia of what they were doing in the 5 years is a better hook. Leading up to the FF being introduced.

The main problem with how they are rolling out Kang and the multiverse is nobody is talking to each other and there’s no good reason why they shouldn’t. Loki should have run to Thor for help.

Thanos’ arc was aided by the fact he sent subordinates to get the gems and nobody really knew combining those gems meant anything.
As soon as Thanos revealed himself… the Avengers pulled together.
That realization was hilarious to me.

Scott: “I’m an Avenger, breh. And I’ve called the other Avengers.”
full

Kang: “nikka WHO the fukk is you calling?!”
full

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, it seems in the circle of the sacred timeline all we need to know from Kang's perspective now is how this Kang gets out of his current predicament, weaponizes Alioth, exactly how he wins the multiversal war and sets up the flow of time and the citadel at the end of time. We know the rest of the circle.

Ant man probably sent Kang to Alioth :mjlol:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The people who defeated him were largely D and C leaguers. Including Ant-Man. Again, Kang is not THANOS. They are two completely different types of villains. If Kang shows up, wipes the floor with everyone on his first encounter, at a disadvantage, and then the full extent of why he's such a threat is shown what fukking chance do the heroes have, particularly this bad batch coming out of Phase 4? :mjlol: You all do know that Kang has to lose at the end right? If he has the same physical strength and power as Thanos, plus the ability of a super genius who knows time inside and out HOW ARE YOU GOING TO REALISTICALLY WRITE A STORY WHERE HE LOSES? The Kang you guys want to see getting beating by Phase 4 Marvel heroes would make even less sense than Ant-Man's fluke victory.

I know yall want to see a black man running wild but like I stated it's actually created more black criticism toward the character. If Kang was white there wouldn't be this "OMG why didn't he just destroy the entire world!?" There would likely be more, "That was too easy for Ant-Man. :patrice: Scott probably played right into his master plan." But since Majors is playing the character instead of just bad writing or even the withholding of story beats to be revealed later it's; "MARVEL JUST DONT WANNA SEE A BLACK MAN STRONG!!!!!! :damn:"

Kang is going to tie into almost every Marvel project going forward. Why would they INTENTIONALLY SABOTAGE THE fukkING LYNCHPIN OF THEIR MONEY PRINTING FRANCHISE BECAUSE HE IS A BLACK MAN, A MAN THEY HIRED TO BE IN THAT ROLE?! You guys do know he wasn't born Kang the Conqueror right? He's not really the character. He EARNED the role because he is a fantastic actor but they could have gotten some villain character actor like Mads Mickelson for the role if they didn't want a black man to have it.

The dopest thing they could ever do is have Kang not lose and have the end of this saga be He Who Remains walking into the citadel and sitting back down :whoo:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

ITS CRAZY MARVEL HAD
SO MUCH ROOM & POTENTIAL
TO WORK WITH THE MULTIVERSE
AND ITS ALL BEEN A BIG DUD OVERALL.

SPIDERMAN DID IT THE BEST BUT
THAT RELIED HEAVILY ON NOSTALGIA
WHICH COVERED A BAD SCRIPT.

IT HONESTLY FEELS LIKE
THEYRE WINGING IT AT THIS POINT
ON SOME STAR WARS 3RD TRILOGY shyt.

:devil:
:evil:

Daps
Why?

Spoiler if necessary.

Is it like how they moved no way home and multiverse of madness around and had to change stories and shyt?

it's not a spoiler if it didn't happen. No, apparently they changed because it didn't test screen well. This was last month they just changed it. He was supposed to get left there.

They botched the ending.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just getting back from seeing this, definitely don't agree with some of the harsh critic reviews :picard:, but wasn't blown away by it either.

Agree with a lot of the comments here. Majors is great in the role of Kang. Janet had more to do than I expected. Kang's quantum robots were weak.

As to his possible demise, I'm just looking forward to more variants of Kang and his plan. Visually I could have used a few more standout moments. Forgot my guy Chidi from The Good Place was in this :skip:.

Also MODOK was :mjlol:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
it's not a spoiler if it didn't happen. No, apparently they changed because it didn't test screen well. This was last month they just changed it. He was supposed to get left there.

They botched the ending.

SMH

YEA THEYRE WINGING IT

:mjpls: I BET KANG WON TOO...
AND IT DIDNT TEST WELL.
:devil:
:evil: