Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania starring Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Jonathan Majors, & Bill Murry Feb 17th, 2023

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Saw it in the theater (living room 🏴‍☠️)..

It was ok, not feeling the whole 'powered down' thing so Ant-Man can beat him. I agree with what was mentioned earlier, they need to start killing off certain characters to make their new 'Avengers level threat' look more like a threat. And this suffered from 'Thor-itis', the serious villain with an extra goofy hero.

Side note, i did like the look of 'Nas Cover' Kang

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Saw it in the theater (living room 🏴‍☠️)..

It was ok, not feeling the whole 'powered down' thing so Ant-Man can beat him. I agree with what was mentioned earlier, they need to start killing off certain characters to make their new 'Avengers level threat' look more like a threat. And this suffered from 'Thor-itis', the serious villain with an extra goofy hero.

Side note, i did like the look of 'Nas Cover' Kang
I had to think about that for a second:russ:

Daps
Y’all ain’t supposed to talk about what goes on behind closed doors in the House of Mouse. Better watch out for them snipers
WiDA3P.png

If Mark Ruffalo and Jamie Foxx can get away with it, so can I. :ufdup:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I don’t know what y’all were expecting with Kang after the Disney okie dokes with Finn and T’Challa.

Debuting Kang who is meant to be the next major villain as the primary villain in ant man movie was the first MAJOR red flag.

He’s now played by a black man. Y’all really thought they were gonna have black man boss up on cacs ON SCREEN on a WCW Goldberg like run like Thanos?:mjlol:

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
This version of Kang was only meant to serve a purpose, not the real Kang threat

:mjlol: OK WHAT ARE THE
1000 OTHER KANGS GONNA DO
OTHER THAN LOSE TO AN
AVENGER C TEAM?

THIS KANG WAS SO THOROUGH
THAT THE OTHERS HAD TO TEAM UP
AND EXILE HIM.

THIS WAS THE BADDEST KANG.

INCURSIONS ARE COMING.
THATS THE REAL THREAT TO HUMANITY.
:devil:
:evil:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:mjlol: OK WHAT ARE THE
1000 OTHER KANGS GONNA DO
OTHER THAN LOSE TO AN
AVENGER C TEAM?

THIS KANG WAS SO THOROUGH
THAT THE OTHERS HAD TO TEAM UP
AND EXILE HIM.

THIS WAS THE BADDEST KANG.

INCURSIONS ARE COMING.
THATS THE REAL THREAT TO HUMANITY.
:devil:
:evil:

this this this

this was the Conqueror, the man who took universes and timelines by force, who has smashed Avengers and bigger threats so many occurrences throughout time & space he cant even keep track of who he bodied. the Conqueror who got exiled and stuck in the quantum realm, but rebuilt his tech, raised an army and took it by force too, had the entire quantum realm at his feet

only to be squashed by the Ant family on a whim when they show up? :what:

just a terrible directive to go with and an awful way to fully unveil Kang

they had Scott Lang going blow to blow with him at the end :why:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Some more random impressions.
i've noticed the Scott Lang mostly operates as Giant Man in these movies, Hank Pym stays using the ants most of the time. Scott rarely uses the ants in combat, its just a mode of transportation for him.
I guess its to give Micheal Douglas something to do, but it kinda hampers an already lower tier character like antman to split his powers between two people. Can't the wasp controll swarms of wasps in the comics too? never seen that in the films. That would be horrifying to deal with.

i think the whole approach they took with antman largely made him even weaker and less cool than he already was. they kinda did this with black panther too. Antman in the comics is 1) a genius like Tony Stark, in fact he was the one who created Ultron 2) has an army of insects and ultron bots ready to fight for him and 3) can shrink and grow. They literally removed two of his supers powers, and instead choose to have this family dynamic,
he's basically a street level hero in these movies going up against Kang a multiversal threat. At least in the comics Antman is closer to an omega level threat when you combine his genius with his abilities.

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Movie just dropped and mfs already in here with revisionist history. :deadrose:

Kang beat the absolute shyt out of Scott when they were throwing hands. He was talking to him while stomping him out, ate his punches like Scooby Snacks, and was basically playing with his food like almost every villain ever. Meanwhile Scott had his helmet smashed, face bloody, and could barely stand while buying time. Only reason he didn't manually murder this man was because he kept trying to dive for the portal to avoid getting trapped again.

nikkas can't have a critique without the extra, you ain't gotta lie to kick it.