Another wave of layoffs at playstation

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Told y’all shyt wasn’t sweet over at sony.

Console sales are keeping them afloat in the public eye, but behind the scenes they are scrambling trying to figure out how to make money.

This
3982526-screenshot2022-05-27at12.30.00am.png

Is/was an epic failure. Whoever was in charge of this had to get the fukk outa there.

Now it’s not clear if Sony is gonna scrap this strategy or if the people got let go cause they didn’t enact it properly/successfully. But to promise 10 games and come up with ZERO. Somebody fukked up real bad.

Going forward now, their games pipeline is all fukked up and they gone have to throw out a bunch of moneyhats to find games for PS5

Last edited:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Console sales are keeping them afloat in the public eye, but behind the scenes they are scrambling trying to figure out how to make money.

This

Is/was an epic failure. Whoever was in charge of this had to get the fukk outa there.

Now it’s not clear if Sony is gonna scrap this strategy or if the people got let go cause they didn’t enact it properly/successfully. But to promise 10 games and come up with ZERO. Somebody fukked up real bad.

Going forward now, their games pipeline is all fukked up and they gone have to throw out a bunch of moneyhats to find games for PS5

Will be interesting to see what happens. Kinda reminds me of Xbox around 2016-2017 when they weren't really announcing games anymore. shyt not coincidental, there's always a reason behind things. Microsoft had basically tightened the purse strings and weren't investing in games anymore. Sony not announcing any single player story driven games during that last showcase was a head scratcher. TLOU online game getting cut down, Jim Ryan bouncing, and the Matt Booty equivalent of Playstation Studios getting future endeavored tells me the GAAS experiment isn't working.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Will be interesting to see what happens. Kinda reminds me of Xbox around 2016-2017 when they weren't really announcing games anymore. Did coe out until a few years later but Microsoft had basically tightened the purse strings and weren't investing in games anymore. Sony not announcing any single player story driven games during that last showcase was a head scratcher. TLOU online game getting cut down, Jim Ryan bouncing, and the Matt Booty equivalent of Playstation Studios leaving unceremoniously tells me the GAAS experiment isn't working.
They did the same thing. Came up with a strategy, put all their eggs in that basket. It didn’t pan out, now it’s gone take them a while to recover. In the meantime they gotta try to find some 3rd parties to make games for them and/or buy more studios.

Literally the same thing Microsoft went through .

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Apparently, Herman Huslt was in big favor of cutting all of the Japanese studios. Jaffe's contact wasn't a big fan of Herman.

😡

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So you telling me that the subscription model of content isn't working out as well for folks as they thought it would?
This should be studied from a market perspective overall because I've been warning people about this for a minute.
This idea that every company thinks they have an easy lick by releasing something in a rush, "fixing" it in post, and then drip feeding from their consumer base is blowing up in all of their faces. If you're paying attention, Netflix, Hulu, Disney, Sony, MS, and more, are all trying to make these types of subscriptions make sense to their front offices and it seems the common bandaid to their issues is price hikes.
Keeping it focused on gaming, I said a few times this console gen could/should have been delayed a bit but now more than ever I think this gen needs to have an extended life cycle. Chasing this carrot of a couple more FPS and P's on the resolution isn't sustainable for these companies. This economy is proving to a lot of people that throw cash at a problem is not a solution.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So you telling me that the subscription model of content isn't working out as well for folks as they thought it would?
This should be studied from a market perspective overall because I've been warning people about this for a minute.
This idea that every company thinks they have an easy lick by releasing something in a rush, "fixing" it in post, and then drip feeding from their consumer base is blowing up in all of their faces. If you're paying attention, Netflix, Hulu, Disney, Sony, MS, and more, are all trying to make these types of subscriptions make sense to their front offices and it seems the common bandaid to their issues is price hikes.
Keeping it focused on gaming, I said a few times this console get could/should have been delayed a bit but now more than ever I think this gen needs to have an extended life cycle. Chasing this carrot of a couple more FPS and P's on the resolution isn't sustainable for these companies. This economy is proving to a lot of people that throw cash at a problem is not a solution.
But they never even dropped the games:dwillhuh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

This

I’d rather have the issues Sony has right now than the ones at Xbox.

You talking like this is the beginning of the end when in reality a few adjustments will be made but they’re still at the top of their field.

The thing is Sony’s market lead is so good they can easily moneyhat exclusive games. That’s not a problem.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

You talking like this is the beginning of the end when in reality a few adjustments will be made but they’re still at the top of their field.

The thing is Sony’s market lead is so good they can easily moneyhat exclusive games. That’s not a problem.
Lota companies been leading but unprepared for the future, then weren’t leading anymore.

Sony’s problem right now is profit. Moneyhats aren’t gonna get them that.

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
They tried doing this with SE and they told em yall money wasn't enough so that's not true at all :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

and Sony is not outspending MS if it comes down to it.

Yall tell me which is more likely GTA 6 being an exclusive or appearing on GP

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Lota companies been leading but unprepared for the future, then weren’t leading anymore.

Sony’s problem right now is profit. Moneyhats aren’t gonna get them that.

You idiots are still on that profit shyt? :mjlol:

The same guy yall got that fugazi info from already corrected himself and deleted the post. Sony makes twice the amount of profit as xbox

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They tried doing this with SE and they told em yall money wasn't enough so that's not true at all :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

and Sony is not outspending MS if it comes down to it.

Yall tell me which is more likely GTA 6 being an exclusive or appearing on GP
They don’t need to be going to companies like Square Enix to do this. They should be out there looking for the next Naughty Dog or Insomniac. A partner they can bring up and possibly bring into the fold by purchasing.