Another Sony Exclusive Franchise bites the dust: Spider-Man Remastered coming to PC on August 12, 2022 (Miles Morales coming November 18, 2022)

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Things that make people by hardware.

#1 popularity (does everyone have one including my friends)
#2 Cost
#3 Looks (or graphics)
#4 exclusivity (games, promotions or deals)
#5 Features ( or quality)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So according to you, what is the metric for what makes someone "run out and buy hardware" then? Because no matter which way you spin it, ANY game would still sell within the same range of those exclusives you downplay as not having any hype for people to go out and buy a console for it.
People buy hardware for all types of reasons, individual games are very low on that list. There’s ~20 million PS5s out right now. It’s clear the majority of those buyers did not buy one to play PS5 only games. The few PS5 only games are the least popular on the system.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So.....what exactly is the problem with it coming to pc that has some people upset in here?

Literally haven’t seen one person mad about this. Like, yall want us to be mad :mjlol:

We’ve known games are getting ports for years already. Both these games will be ‘free’ on playstation next week

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People buy hardware for all types of reasons, individual games are very low on that list. There’s ~20 million PS5s out right now. It’s clear the majority of those buyers did not buy one to play PS5 only games. The few PS5 only games are the least popular on the system.
Top 2021 games for PS5
WB0ZP5k.png

3 games in the top 10 for 2021 were Sony published games. 4 in the top 20.

Top 2020 games for Playstation
GqbfQcz.png

Again, for 2020 you have 5 games if you count FFVII Remake as an exclusive(it was for the year).

Top games sold for 2020 overall
tDDitHl.png

What are you talking about? :russ:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Top 2021 games for PS5
WB0ZP5k.png

3 games in the top 10 for 2021 were Sony published games. 4 in the top 20.

Top 2020 games for Playstation
GqbfQcz.png

Again, for 2020 you have 5 games if you count FFVII Remake as an exclusive(it was for the year).

Top games sold for 2020 overall
tDDitHl.png

What are you talking about? :russ:
Which one of those games is a PS5 exclusive :stopitslime:

Furthermore you’ve posted NPD sales without digital sales included. Hardly any value in those numbers considering the most popular games are digital FTP.

You gotta do better sony stan breh:smh:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Literally haven’t seen one person mad about this. Like, yall want us to be mad :mjlol:

We’ve known games are getting ports for years already. Both these games will be ‘free’ on playstation next week
Who is us? :what: I asked a question and you talking about some "us" division shyt. This another Playstation vs Xbox argument? ALL of that is dumb yall not any type of gang just FANS. Acting like jackasses so unless someone has stock in any of these companies it's just 3 pages of arguing over nonsense. I know I'm getting old if this is what counts as discussing :hhh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which one of those games is a PS5 exclusive :stopitslime:

Furthermore you’ve posted NPD sales without digital sales included. Hardly any value in those numbers considering the most popular games are digital FTP.

You gotta do better sony stan breh:smh:
Digital IS included. The note is for a few Nintendo games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Who is us? :what: I asked a question and you talking about some "us" division shyt. This another Playstation vs Xbox argument? ALL of that is dumb yall not any type of gang just FANS. Acting like jackasses so unless someone has stock in any of these companies it's just 3 pages of arguing over nonsense. I know I'm getting old if this is what counts as discussing :hhh:

So why you thought this thread was made? Read the room :mjlol:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol you just be arguing to argue.

Nobody is dying to play these exclusives? If Spider-Man Miles Morales sold over 6 million units since launch, that's a VERY solid number especially on a heavily supply constrained console. Spider-Man and Miles has sold 33 million copies since release and he talking about ain't nobody really tryna play em :laff:

Please don't tell me that the bolded is somehow news to you, breh. :mjlol:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:skip:

Says who? These dudes on PC sure did. But no to be honest nobody sits around waiting for a exclusive they just play other stuff in the meantime.

And apparently lots of other people on console do too. I can open up the PlayStation thread and probably find a few people in the last couple pages that are just getting around to playing Spiderman or gow or whatever.

I have Spiderman on PS4 and I'm getting it and Miles on Morales on PC. I wanted to wait to wait to play it on the PS5 but they're still sold out everywhere so I'm just gonna cop on Steam.

These weirdo console stans are the worst. nikkas is arguing over billion dollar companies they don't own.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
I have Spiderman on PS4 and I'm getting it and Miles on Morales on PC. I wanted to wait to wait to play it on the PS5 but they're still sold out everywhere so I'm just gonna cop on Steam.

These weirdo console stans are the worst. nikkas is arguing over billion dollar companies they don't own.
It’s sadest shyt. These dudes crying on YouTube that more people get to play these games without a playstation :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand where you are coming, but I disagree.

Maybe you are too young or weren’t following the industry when it happened, but Xbox console gamers were not happy when Microsoft announced day and date games with PC.

The strategy started with Quantum Break in 2016 as a PlayAnywhere title. I remember Phil getting some slack and having to use the old line ‘why are people upset that more people get to play games’. People were upset. It was a move that Phil had to make since he was doing his best to convince the higher ups not to sell the brand.

Xbox One was doing poorly.

Understanding the position they were in and context of the time is important. Using Windows and Xbox to address a wider audience of gaming allows for a higher potential revenue/profit as Xbox was not doing well at all. It was a move that had to be made.

[Personal story: I took an L at that time. I bought an Xbox One in January 2016 because I was a Halo fan. Halo 5 came out the previous fall and me being the Halo fan that I was, I had to play it, so I jumped in. So I had Halo *and* the fact that Quantum Break looked promising, it was an Xbox exclusive so maybe Xbox is going to start hitting its stride now.

Within weeks of my purchase I realized that Halo 5 was trash and Phil comes out and delclares that Quantum Break was coming to PC day 1 and they planned on releasing all of their titles day 1 on PC.

I was one of those people that was mad.

You mean they couldn’t tell me that QB and other titles were coming to on PC day 1. By the time they announced it, it was releasing in less than 2 months so its not like the port came out of nowhere. It could’ve saved me $399. And it wasn’t even like this was an E3 annoucement where you expect companies to shake things up, it just came out of nowhere. It was from that moment that I told myself, I am never getting an Xbox console again, I will just game on PC.]

In addition, you and many others always erroneously state that PC isnt a competing platform to consoles. Of course it is. People who say that are either being disingenuous or don’t understand the market.

If you do a Venn diagram it won’t be a complete 1 to 1, but there is a lot of overlap.

Whether on this forum, in person, or if you have seen it online, I am sure you have heard of people either buying/upgrading their PC as opposed to buying a console. Or people looking at 3rd party games exclusive maps/characters or whatever to decide what platform they are going to play a game on.

If John Smith has an Xbox, PC and PlayStation and he buys Mass Effect 4 day 1 on PC, that is a lost sale and no revenue for Xbox or Playstation. They are all competing. In the past, the markets between PC and console were very different but in 2022, PC gaming is increasingly becoming more mainstream and accessible.

console games have always been on PC since the beginning of gaming, when castlevania was on PC nobody on NES cared and even knew there was a PC version of the game

people with PCs played PC type of games, like strategy games, those originated that entire genre on PC

In the 1990s when videogames really took off, the type of games people played on PC were not on consoles yet

Final Fantasy VII the biggest playstation game was released on PC around the same time just months apart

Wolfenstein, Myst, Quake, Unreal Tournament, Star Wars Dark Forces Jedi Knight games, were the type of games people played on PC, they weren't on consoles, and didn't even get ports to consoles until much later, and weren't even popular on consoles

didn't stop consoles from exploding and creating the videogame industry

Nobody cared quantum break was on PC in real life, most people with an Xbox never even played that game
only people who complained are the Xbox Stans on the internet who are not the Xbox consumer in real life, that's why the company doesn't care about the Xbox stans and does things they don't agree with, because the Xbox User base in reality are not the stans, they are just casual gamers who don't care about any of that shyt like exclusives, or any of the stan shyt, they are on Xbox because it caters to them as a casual gamer, they use it like an entertainment hub in their house

Most PC gamers do no play console games on their PC, they play shyt like DOTA, First Person Shooters like Counter Strike, and weird ass MMOs, and other type of games normal nikkaz do not play

Street Fighter V is better on PC, the PS4 was still the main system it was played on and what its played in tournaments, when you have PC tournaments bigger than fighting game tournament, so you can't say it's because of the cost of the hardware

Esports is mainly a PC thing

Console gamers who switched to PC are the minority of the PC base, they switched to PC because they want to play console games at better graphic fidelity and performance, most PC gamers do not have the hardware to run Spider-Man at 4k 120hz or even play in 1440p with raytracing

Sony is catering to them, it's cheaper than figuring it how to put all that power into a small box, and they can make an insane amount of money without paying to make a new game

Console gamers do not like PCs, they don't understand them, they do not want to game on PC, it's intimidating to them

Parents are not going to buy their kids a gaming PC with a 3080ti in it, when a playstation cost 400 dollars, you can't be serious

it's not the same market

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
It’s sadest shyt. These dudes crying on YouTube that more people get to play these games without a playstation :mjlol:
These nikkas sound like my 12 year old nephew. He’s a die hard Sony fan but he’s also in middle school and gotta do chores.

But on here you got grown ass men who are fathers and husbands arguing over this shyt :pachaha: