***Annual whats your credit score thread***

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
780 actual FICO 8. The only scoring model that matters for anything but mortgages.

Remember, CreditKarma is a FAKO score. It's not representative of what will be pulled by lenders.

If you're trying to repair or build your credit and you're relying on any kind of score you should be paying for MyFico.com. It's worth knowing and working from exactly what lenders will pull. After your credit is fixed then you can lean on CreditKarma to look for any red flags.

Also, freeze your credit.

Last edited:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Only problem with low tier credit card companies like first Premier is the high ass interest rates but i wouldnt sweat it. The trick to that is basically keeping ya utilization low around 5-10%

Another problem is that they are known as a high risk vendor. So if your application is ever flagged for a manual review you could be declined just for having that tradeline on there if your score is borderline.
Best thing to do is to use these cards to rebuild and then cancel.

Romey Rome

All Star
Daps
Riiiiiiight below 700 anybody got any tips for me. I’m trynna get to 750 by maybe the end of the year/ early next year.

Basically I’m trynna get to the level of being a well qualified buyer when it comes to getting a lease and stuff like that.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Riiiiiiight below 700 anybody got any tips for me. I’m trynna get to 750 by maybe the end of the year/ early next year.

Basically I’m trynna get to the level of being a well qualified buyer when it comes to getting a lease and stuff like that.

Any late payments or defaults on your credit report? How many accounts do you have? What's your oldest account? What's your highest credit limit? Utilization?

sicksoulja

All Star
Daps
3 months ago my score was like 570.

Signed up for a self account..First Premiere credit card...Indigo Credit card..and a Victoria Secret credit card using the shopping cart trick and now im at a 646.

Take what you can and just rebuuld

what is the shopping cart trick

Romey Rome

All Star
Daps
Any late payments or defaults on your credit report? How many accounts do you have? What's your oldest account? What's your highest credit limit? Utilization?
A couple late payments last year due to some hard times Still 97% on time. I have a car and 3 credit cards. Oldest credit is 13 years (my first payed off car) highest credit limit is 3k. 64% utilization

Flu Game502

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisville, Ky
Another problem is that they are known as a high risk vendor. So if your application is ever flagged for a manual review you could be declined just for having that tradeline on there if your score is borderline.
Best thing to do is to use these cards to rebuild and then cancel.
Im cancelling as soon as im in the position to. Where im rebuilding from a beggar cant be a chooser. Capital one and Amex damn sure aint knocking down my doors breh so I just gotta do what I can

Flu Game502

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisville, Ky
what is the shopping cart trick
There is something known as a “shopping cart trick” that can allow you to get store specific credit cards that don’t result in a hard pull on your credit report. Using this trick doesn’t result in a hard pull, it will still affect your credit as these cards are reported on your credit report (which will decrease your average age of accounts). There are a couple of rules we need to follow when trying to do this trick:

• You need to be opted in for credit card promotional e-mails. You’re automatically opted in, so unless you have manually opted out you won’t need to do anything. I recommend being opted in anyway, you might receive a good targeted promotion if you are (here is how you can check for these offers).
  • Only works on cards issued by Comenity bank (and some cards issued by Synchrony & Wells Fargo)
  • Turn your pop up blocker off if you use one. A lot of the credit card offers pop up, if you have a pop up blocker then you might miss it.
  • If your asked for your full SSN, it might be a hard pull. Some of these websites ask for your full SSN when applying for the store cards, whilst others ask for your last four digits. If it asks for your full SSN it might be a hard pull so be careful. As always, your mileage may vary.

Or just youtube it breh:mjgrin: