ANNIHILATION (Official Thread)(on UK Netflix now)

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I watchedi t last night

didn't know sh-t about the movie

the visuals were :ohhh:

kind of a dumb ass story, but not in a bad way

• Dap
Reactions: hex

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Brilliant visuals and imagery, some really intriguing concepts, and creatures, elements in the "shimmer", but ultimately, a bad script, heavily cliched story, I mean how many times have I see this? I saw The Astronauts Wife back in 99, and the last moment reveal is pretty tiresome too. Some great set pieces and held my attention more then it didn't.

So many tropes and cliches, so heavy handed, and I felt the movie had a hard time creating a world that felt "real".

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
the last 30 minutes had me like
giphy.gif

its a weird one, i dont feel it was trash but wouldnt say its a masterpiece. It was just good

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This movie is fantastic :wow: Everything Arrival wanted to be

I can't get over the tension this movie throws at you. Everyone held it down and gave solid performances. That last act :wow:

once i realized it was Lina trying to prevent the mimic from leaving and not the other way around :mjcry::wow: I gotta see this again because I know those tattoos had some weight as well

that fukking bear :hubie:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This movie is fantastic :wow: Everything Arrival wanted to be

I can't get over the tension this movie throws at you. Everyone held it down and gave solid performances. That last act :wow:

once i realized it was Lina trying to prevent the mimic from leaving and not the other way around :mjcry::wow: I gotta see this again because I know those tattoos had some weight as well

that fukking bear :hubie:
:laff:

I liked this but Arrival is a much better film by an infinitely more talented director

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:laff:

I liked this but Arrival is a much better film by an infinitely more talented director
You know why I'm unimpressed by Arrival? Because the performances were absolutely trash - and I dare you to say otherwise. There isn't a single solid moment in the film outside of the ending.

Everything from the first contact to the character interactions is dead and bland. Arrival could've been thrown into a 30-45 minute short and lost nothing of substance because the film is remarkably empty. Its a great story with a fun twist, but as a film? That shyt was boring - and like most of that director's work boring is a theme. Great shots, editing, and overall presentation don't cap off a movie. Denis' last good show of tension or solid performance was in Sicario. Denis jocking is mindblowing to me. I liked some of his earlier stuff, but I'm not gonna pretend that his last two movies weren't beautiful long lines at the DMV.

But aside from that :ld:

This is up there with Contact and Abyss