ANNIHILATION (Official Thread)(on UK Netflix now)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
As for the end

portman character was lying/unreliable narrator. The clone was mimicking her every move. Every single one. But the moment she hands it a grenade it suddenly stops mimicking her and just stands there until the grenade goes off?:usure: The fact is she just watched a video of her husband killing himself the same way.

She also absorbed the tattoo of the other character. So she was the clone with spliced DNA of some of the other squad,in my opinion.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
BEFORE the final ending...

When Lena gave her mimic the grenade and it burned everything down...it brought me back to the conversation she had with Kane about God. Kane said God was perfect, that was kind of a big part about being God and Lena said she thinks God makes mistakes. At that moment, when everything in The Shimmer got destroyed, I took it as whatever came down to Earth thought it was God, but when Lena essentially defeated or outsmarted it, the being...almost collapsed into itself by realizing it wasn't God.

I haven't seen anyone else with a theory like that so I must be WAY out there.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
When people say this,it's usually because they can't back up what they're saying. Just saying. Engaging with someone as a rebuttal,and then when called to elaborate just to say you're not wasting your time screams you don't actually have anything. :yeshrug:
No, it screams that I don't give a fukk whether someone else understands. WATCH THE MOVIE, if you don't get it then you are either lacking a brain cell or lacking something emotionally. I'm not going to spoonfeed a bunch of randoms on the internet.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
i wanna see this with a girl, but she hates horror, is this horror?

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
No, it screams that I don't give a fukk whether someone else understands. WATCH THE MOVIE, if you don't get it then you are either lacking a brain cell or lacking something emotionally. I'm not going to spoonfeed a bunch of randoms on the internet.
No,it screams you have absolutely nothing to say. You chose to engage into a conversation with someone. When asked to explain you make a pompous, holier than thou excuse and then proceed to insult people.

Frankly, you're coming off like an idiot. Either explain yourself or don't. Don't willingly engage with someone and then make up excuses about why you can't actually write out your thoughts.

Sounds more like you're the one needing to be spoonfed.

This is a film discussion board. Excuse us for wanting to,you know,discuss a film.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
No,it screams you have absolutely nothing to say. You chose to engage into a conversation with someone. When asked to explain you make a pompous, holier than thou excuse and then proceed to insult people.

Frankly, you're coming off like an idiot. Either explain yourself or don't. Don't willingly engage with someone and then make up excuses about why you can't actually write out your thoughts.

Sounds more like you're the one needing to be spoonfed.

This is a film discussion board. Excuse us for wanting to,you know,discuss a film.
Is this the Arrival thread? Go back and read my post and find anything in it that implies that I want to discuss Arrival.

I don't care to discuss complex human emotions with some internet stranger in a thread about a different movie

I didn't even like Arrival all that much, I have no desire to discuss it

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Is this the Arrival thread? Go back and read my post and find anything in it that implies that I want to discuss Arrival.

I don't care to discuss complex human emotions with some internet stranger in a thread about a different movie

I didn't even like Arrival all that much, I have no desire to discuss it
Uh,you compared it to arrival in your post. It's only natural that when someone makes a comparison and says film a) did this and film b) didn't and that's why it's better, someone would ask what your thought process for the point you made in your post is. If you can't explain it or aren't willing,then why bring it up at all. In the time you took to type all these reasons about why you can't just elaborate on your response,you could have just have just explained yourself.:yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Uh,you compared it to arrival in your post. It's only natural that when someone makes a comparison and says film a) did this and film b) didn't and that's why it's better, someone would ask what your thought process for the point you made in your post is. If you can't explain it or aren't willing,then why bring it up at all. In the time you took to type all these reasons about why you can't just elaborate on your response,you could have just have just explained yourself.:yeshrug:
I'm not obligated to reply to every unsolicited question that is asked of me

I brought up Arrival for a clear reason. Because both of these movies are decent movies disguised as something better. But at least Arrival stayed with me when it ended. When Annihilation ended, all I thought about was the music and light show

taker597

Superstar
Daps
BEFORE the final ending...

When Lena gave her mimic the grenade and it burned everything down...it brought me back to the conversation she had with Kane about God. Kane said God was perfect, that was kind of a big part about being God and Lena said she thinks God makes mistakes. At that moment, when everything in The Shimmer got destroyed, I took it as whatever came down to Earth thought it was God, but when Lena essentially defeated or outsmarted it, the being...almost collapsed into itself by realizing it wasn't God.

I haven't seen anyone else with a theory like that so I must be WAY out there.
It may be to reinforce Kane & Lena character's ideologies that are on complete opposite spectrum. Lena was in absolute fear of the being and the ability to create new life and alter matter. Kane wasn't afraid in the depths of his madness and asked it go home to Lena. It refused to harm it for whatever reason. This act set the whole film in motion. Kane was able to keep his madness at bay and rather harm himself. Kane might of viewed the mimic as the perfect being, God. Yet, Lena just viewed the being as just a creature as no different than herself and sought a way to kill it. First, shooting at it and then the prosperous grenade. Another thing mention, is that Kane and Lena supposedly ideologies don't co-exist all that well or don't connect on a spiritual level as mention by Lena's affair partner. They both believe in different things. Basing on what the creature maybe God. When it did in fact creature life. The question is though... What gave the being life in this film? Was the chamber actually God and the being a spawn of it'? The chamber began a s a lifeform that can withstand entering the atmsphere(as shown in the opening crediting with the impact) and metamorphosis into the chamber. The creature catching on fire had no bearing on the shimmer dissipating. It was when the chamber was engulfed in flames that it died. The being was a spawn of all genes and matter it could associate with and create life.