ANNIHILATION (Official Thread)(on UK Netflix now)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
@hex since this was prematurely unstickied a few weeks ago can we at least move it to the movies section on the right hand side over shyt like den of thieves?

It's on uk netflix and also out there so more people are gonna peep it now

• Dap
Reactions: hex

iLoveFlavorfullVaginas

I come from the china
Daps
Just saw this movie, and I have a few things to say.
First of this movie is A MASTERPIECE!!!!!! Fantastic writing, movie is amazing but not in a subtle way.

Secondly I must say this movie is the greatest horror movie ever created in the history of time.
Yes the most scary ever, but conceptually.

See they were in a place where light refracted off onto anything and everything and changed it's Molecular Structure.
I don't say DNA but I say molecular structure that way it can include both DNA and RNA.
But the merge happens randomly it seems, there is no consistency of to who becomes what. Some of you may disagree but why one chic became a flower/tree and another lost her mind and another became something else, they were all pretty much in the same place all the time, therefore there was no consistency.
That means that this place is complete random havoc in the most chaotic and tortuous way possible. The level of pain that must come during the change must be mega painful.
And once you understand what happens there and you truly understand the fear must be massive too.

Then on top of that the girl that got eaten by a wolfbear. When the wolfbear was killing her it seems her consciousness went into the wolfbear.
So that means it's not only matter like your body and your surroundings that merge but even intangibles like consciousness making the chaotic havoc in that place become absolute randomness.

Conceptually THAT... is conceptually the most horrible of places one can possibly be in, as there is no real enemy other than whatever energy causes this merge.
That makes this the best horror movie in this history of time!

Now the ending can be many things. Some are saying that both the lena that came back was the alien, others say the real lena came back.
I think that Lena died. Because neither of the two were Lena anymore.
Look at Lena's husband, he blew himself up because he wasn't sure of he was really him, and the other him wasn't sure either.
So the merge is not one-way, it's two-way.
So both were half-half, hence the reluctance of them saying they are them but being honest and saying they aren't sure. Half alien, half human, and the human part is being honest.

The movie IS A MASTERPIECE!
And the little synchronous dance at the end was amazing, it was the alien mimicking her every move to hasten the process of the merge through refraction with the light.

And in case you all missed there was a twist at the end.
Did you guys get the twist?

Lena at the end said I don't know what it wanted to do, it perhaps wanted nothing.
And the guy said "but it attacked you". And she said no it mirrored me, it maybe didn't even know I was there.

The twist being.... it was maybe not even an enemy, it was amoral, not serving any purpose but to mimic like a reflection.
DAMN...... making everything even more chaotic & random.

MASTERPIECE!1111111111

iLoveFlavorfullVaginas

I come from the china
Daps
the other thing is who escaped?
the husband and lena, and both got the shimmer in them.
then they hugged, so they cool with each other
in the sequel they will end up having sex, i mean they husband and wife
is that a coincidence?
they gonna have a kid, that kid will be even more shim shimma
unless they do anal

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Watched this yesterday. Was cool except they bit the fukk out of the Lovecraft story "The Color Out Of Space". I never read the novel "Annihilation" is based on so I don't know if it also stole the idea, or if they just added that for this movie.

Anyway, I liked this except the last 10-15 minutes. Got a little too nonsensical and "try to figure out what's happening" for my taste.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Watched this yesterday. Was cool except they bit the fukk out of the Lovecraft story "The Color Out Of Space". I never read the novel "Annihilation" is based on so I don't know if it also stole the idea, or if they just added that for this movie.

Anyway, I liked this except the last 10-15 minutes. Got a little too nonsensical and "try to figure out what's happening" for my taste.

Fred.

tenor.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I've never been a fan of Mad Libs style story telling where you gotta piece together what happens. Open ended story telling, where it's not 100% revealed what happened? Ok cool....but you can read this thread and see people can't even agree on basic shyt in the last 5-10 minutes of this movie. That's never good.

I could over look that alone but then like I said pretty much 75% of what comes before that is a spin on "The Color Out Of Space". So yeah. I like the movie but it could've been a lot better.

Fred.