ANNIHILATION (Official Thread)(on UK Netflix now)

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
saw this last night and it's a good movie. a lot of themes and metaphors in this like self-destruction, the spread of the shimmer being similar to cancer and i think the idea of changing the environment around us. i'll definitely watch this again. alex garland is the truth.

so did the clone absorb all of Lena's self-destruction habits/genes? the clone burning everything after copying Lena's cells vs Kane's clone being mellow and peaceful makes me believe Kane's clone absorbed all of his positive DNA and left the original Kane with his sorrow that led him to kill himself.

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
Movie was aight. Could have been better if the acting wasn't so weak, the movie wasn't so ugly and the children wasn't as terrible.

Love the concept though

Also, this had to have been the least planned for expedition in the history of mankind. They couldn't have even brought a rope??

I didn't think Ex Machina was amazing but it was better than this .

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
Gina Rodriguez is so bad in this movie. Don't think I've ever seen her act, but Christ does she suck
Everybody sucks in this movie but yeah, she was terrible.

IT'S A TRICK OF THE LIGHT, ITS A TRICK OF THE LIGHT :gladbron:

it's video. just replay it you dummy.

This movie had some terrible dialogue. The scene where tessa thompson goes to be one with the force or whatever was traaaash