'Animorphs' movie in development

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
The books ended kind of fukked up.

They "won" but the blond girl who was into gymnastics was killed.

The leader Jake went into depression and went on a mission to destroy the last remaining yearks and was assimilated into some type of inter dimensional being called "The One".
You half right..Jake didn't go to another dimension. The last book ended when him, Tobias, and Marco were about to ram Visser Three's Blade ship with their ship

I remember fans were pissed because it left on a cliffhanger. The author even wrote an open letter to the fans pretty much telling them to fukk off.

I also remember a "fan" wrote a very good fan-made finale book that was only available online and fans speculated that KA Applegate wrote it.

KA also had another book series called The Remants which was also quite good but didn't really take off like Animorphs cuz when Animorphs ended Harry Potter was just picking up steam.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Before Harry Potter..the Animorphs series was THE book series for me as a kid.

How each book was seen from different points of view so you can get an idea on each characters. The descriptions of how they all morph into the animals. The concept of the Yeerks and Visser Three and Andalites. I mean :wow:

I'm getting chills just THINKING about the book series again..:to:

The Nickelodon series was :pacspit: Completely toned down and was NOTHING like the books.

To be honest Animorphs would have made a GREAT hour long TV series and would have been perfect for a network like CW.

Jake, Cassie, Marco, Rachel, Tobias, Ax.

That's my childhood :to:

Totally forgot about Cassie and Ax. Good shyt.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They should do another show more faithful to the books now that TV graphics aren't that bad. I'd assemble the folks that worked on Angel. :wow:

I agree, a weekly TV series would be epic. :wow:

Back when the show was on Nickelodeon, the tech just wasn't there (or was too expensive) to do the concept justice, so the FX just looked cheap and crappy and there was a lot of stuff they just couldn't do right (for example, Ax). With CGI as advanced as it is now though... :wow:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Animorphs_bkmm01.jpg

Them megamorphs books were :wow:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Before Animorphs. I used to think morphing powers were cool but now I'm :whoa:

I remember some of the species they were trying to morph to had them shook. I'd NEVER morph into insects.

Do you remember that fukk boy david?

He wasn't bout dat life. I'd say the team deserves part of the blame for David turning into a traitor. Considering the situation that bought him to the animorphs, I think a lot of kids would have turned out like David. Dude had to be salty that the others could go home and even pretend to have a normal life. But they got that nikka sleeping in a barn, treating him like shyt, and Jake even threatened his life. :russ:

And to think he only got into that mess trying to sell the morphing cube without knowing what it was, he gets to literally die as a rat. One of the most fukked up endings I've read for a character.

Last edited:

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
this was my childhood right here :banderas: the books :wow: the show :wow: shout out to tobias

there was atleast 50 books, i know cause i read most of them :banderas: i think there was a choose your own adventure one too :noah:

fukk that we getting 6 animorph movies :blessed:

54 books for the animorphs main series, I know 'cause I've read them all. Then there were the chronicles and megamorphs, which might've been another 15-20 books. I remember being like :wow: "I just got done reading 5400+ pages off of 1 series of books". T'ill this
Animorphs has a special place in my heart because of the shyt you could learn about animals. Applegate da Gawd! depiction of animal instincts and how humans could/couldn't adapt to those were genius. :ohlawd:

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Before Animorphs. I used to think morphing powers were cool but now I'm :whoa:

I remember some of the species they were trying to morph to had them shook. I'd NEVER morph into insects.

He wasn't bout dat life. I'd say the team deserves part of the blame for David turning into a traitor. Considering the situation that bought him to the animorphs, I think a lot of kids would have turned out like David. Dude had to be salty that the others could go home and even pretend to have a normal life. But they got that nikka sleeping in a barn, treating him like shyt, and Jake even threatened his life. :russ:

And to think he only got into that mess trying to sell the morphing cube without knowing what it was, he gets to literally die as a rat. One of the most fukked up endings I've read for a character.

:wow: true shyt.
But I gotta disagree that it was their fault that David turned rat though, it's just the yerks were the best villains I've ever seen in any book/movie/series/script/etc. If someone told you about them you'd be hard-pressed to see how horrible a little slug they really could be. Yerks could not only hijack your body, but they'd brainwash you day-after-day on how it's better to just let them live your life because you already find it so difficult anyway.
:mindblown:
I remember at some point being like: "If a species like the yerks really come through, we're fukked for real! These slimy slugs were built for this galaxy expansion shyt!!".:damn: I mean, they started from as close to the bottom as anything can get! Their world is a shyt stain and they didn't even have eyes/mouths/ears to experience that mess until they took over that other species over there. I never felt so bad for the human race as much as when I was reading Animorphs. They still make my skin crawl.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:wow: true shyt.
But I gotta disagree that it was their fault that David turned rat though, it's just the yerks were the best villains I've ever seen in any book/movie/series/script/etc. If someone told you about them you'd be hard-pressed to see how horrible a little slug really could be. Yerks could not only hijack your body, but they'd brainwash you day-after-day on how it's better to just let them live your life because you already find it so difficult anyway.
:mindblown:
I remember at some point being like: "If a species like the yerks really come through, we're fukked for real! These slimy slugs were built for this galaxy expansion shyt!!".:damn: I mean, they started from as close to the bottom as anything can get! Their world is a shyt stain and they didn't even have eyes/mouths/ears to experience that mess until they took over that other species over there. I never felt so bad for the human race as much as when reading Animorphs. They still make my skin crawl.

No lie, the Yeerks are aliens I'd sacrifice my life to stop at all cost. Taxxons too :scust:.

I find it funny that the catalyst to ending the war was giving the yeerks morphing ability anyway :mjlol:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember thinking the ending of the series, wherein Ax is is assimilated and Jake rams his fighter into The One's ship, to be fatalistic. But I still enjoyed the series with all its twists, turns, good, evil and neutral characters. Some may curse the Yeerks for their deeds, but without hosts Yeerks are nothing but yellow earth worms. They need hosts to survive and prefer those with intellectual capacity, like humans need meat and prefer cows.

Last edited:

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
No lie, the Yeerks are aliens I'd sacrifice my life to stop at all cost. Taxxons too :scust:.

I find it funny that the catalyst to ending the war was giving the yeerks morphing ability anyway :mjlol:

:russ: most yerks really just wanted to not be yerks anymore. Who'da thought?:mjlol:
But yeah taxxons are straight up :scust:. When the animorphs finally morphed into one only to find out that food was the only thing in a taxxons mind. :scusthov: It took all their self – as animorphs– not to eat each other when they were taxxons, and the yerks were raising that race like pitbulls.