'Animorphs' movie in development

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Cool. I loved those books as a kid and think the franchise has potential, so hopefully they do a good job.
I remember reading this series on and off as a kid...did they win?:lupe:
The writer made those cool animal powers seem like too little too late As I remember it...

The ending was actually pretty fukked up... :to:

They won, but Rachel died (Jake had to intentionally sacrifice her to win). Jake's brother that was infected with a Yeerk ended up dying too.

Jake basically had PTSD for the rest of his life and never really got over it. Tobias never really got over Rachel's death either and decided to just live out the rest of his life as a bird.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Cool. I loved those books as a kid and think the franchise has potential, so hopefully they do a good job.

They won, but Rachel died (Jake had to intentionally sacrifice her to win). Jake's brother that was infected with a Yeerk ended up dying too.

Jake basically had PTSD for the rest of his life and never really got over it. Tobias never really got over Rachel's death either and decided to just live out the rest of his life as a bird.
What the fukk. I never read these as a kid, they kinda creeped me out. Now I see I was right to be.:francis:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

:whoo: at the spoilers, daaaamnnn.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Animorphs_bk03.jpg

I Am Groot!

:mjcry:

Tobias was that dude:smugdraper:

Who was in the team? Tobias, jake, Rachel, Marco, and the alien dude, I forgot. Who else was in there.

Wasn't jake and Marco having some rivalry and shyt? And Jake was tryna get it in with Marco? And Tobias was like fukk this human life, this bird life goes hard:dead:

So many memories flowing back, it was a great series.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Here's the longer summary of the final book - The Beginning (Animorphs) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The author actually got some hate because people thought the ending was too depressing (especially for a kids book). Her response was basically that wars don't have happy endings. :manny:

fukk the criticism, she kept it real. And especially from the Tobias and jake perspective. After all the craziness that went down, Tobias just decides to be about that bird life, I don't blame him.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
wouldn't going over the 2 hour limit leave him permanently human though:leostare:

Yeah, that would have made him a nothlit human. He would have been useless. Iirc I think the ellimist gave him a choice to either become a nothlit human or a hawk who can morph.

Tobias chose that hawk life. It becomes a plot point when his girlfriend tries to trap him in his human form to get the D. :mjcry:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Before Harry Potter..the Animorphs series was THE book series for me as a kid.

How each book was seen from different points of view so you can get an idea on each characters. The descriptions of how they all morph into the animals. The concept of the Yeerks and Visser Three and Andalites. I mean :wow:

I'm getting chills just THINKING about the book series again..:to:

The Nickelodon series was :pacspit: Completely toned down and was NOTHING like the books.

To be honest Animorphs would have made a GREAT hour long TV series and would have been perfect for a network like CW.

Jake, Cassie, Marco, Rachel, Tobias, Ax.

That's my childhood :to:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Before Harry Potter..the Animorphs series was THE book series for me as a kid.

How each book was seen from different points of view so you can get an idea on each characters. The descriptions of how they all morph into the animals. The concept of the Yeerks and Visser Three and Andalites. I mean :wow:

I'm getting chills just THINKING about the book series again..:to:

The Nickelodon series was :pacspit: Completely toned down and was NOTHING like the books.

To be honest Animorphs would have made a GREAT hour long TV series and would have been perfect for a network like CW.

Jake, Cassie, Marco, Rachel, Tobias, Ax.

That's my childhood :to:

They should do another show more faithful to the books now that TV graphics aren't that bad. I'd assemble the folks that worked on Angel. :wow: