Angela Bassett has inked a new deal paying her $450,000 an episode for FOX drama 9-1-1.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I love it! Someone made a thread a couple of months back asking why she was essentially "lowering herself" by doing tv/this show. She's an EP, director and biggest star of the show. Auntie wasn't just the talent she secured her bag and now she's getting what she deserves. :mjgrin::salute:

9-1-1 and the spin off are good shows. She'll be eating well for years. Then if this goes into syndication! :banderas:

I can see why people were initially skeptical as she went the unique route of going to regular television instead of streaming services like her peers where they aren't as constrained by budgets. It worked out amazingly for her though as Fox has a hit on their hands and will do whatever it takes to keep it going.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
How long does it take to film an episode

For those type of shows, typically about 1-2 weeks. So they're still typically filming new episodes as the season goes along hence the typical television breaks that are needed.

Unfortunately, they don't have the luxury of filming in batches or all at once like Tyler Perry does :mjlol:

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
There was a thread saying shes being held down by hollywood and on a bumass 911 show

:mjlol::mjlol:
People can never see the bigger picture

unless someone is SUPER A list then getting on a TV show is great for an actor because it’s CONSISTENT work.

Something even known actors can struggle to get.

TV syndication money >>>>> playing in forgettable movies.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Get MONEY! Whatcha say huh!

Gone head and stay pushing that blk excellence Angie!

And she is just so gorgeous!

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Yup and a lot of them are EP's, writers and directors. Look at the credits for these shows, it's in plain sight. TV is very lucrative if they get behind the right shows/networks. Tasha Smith is someone who you rarely see in front of the camera but she wears many hats behind the scenes. As long as they'e getting paid, I'm all for it
So she's still eating despite her falling out with Tyler Perry? I had no idea.