Angela Bassett has inked a new deal paying her $450,000 an episode for FOX drama 9-1-1.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
tenor.gif

:russ::russ::russ:

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I love it! Someone made a thread a couple of months back asking why she was essentially "lowering herself" by doing tv/this show. She's an EP, director and biggest star of the show. Auntie wasn't just the talent she secured her bag and now she's getting what she deserves. :mjgrin::salute:

9-1-1 and the spin off are good shows. She'll be eating well for years. Then if this goes into syndication! :banderas:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I love it! Someone made a thread a couple of months back asking why she was essentially "lowering herself" by doing tv/this show. She's an EP, director and biggest star of the show. Auntie wasn't just the talent she secured her bag and now she's getting what she deserves. :mjgrin::salute:

9-1-1 and the spin off are good shows. She'll be eating well for years. Then if this goes into syndication! :banderas:
Also a lot of veterans are going the TV route. They feel how we feel about the quality of movies these days.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Also a lot of veterans are going the TV route. They feel how we feel about the quality of movies these days.

Yup and a lot of them are EP's, writers and directors. Look at the credits for these shows, it's in plain sight. TV is very lucrative if they get behind the right shows/networks. Tasha Smith is someone who you rarely see in front of the camera but she wears many hats behind the scenes. As long as they're getting paid, I'm all for it

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

Ehhhh I would go the streaming service route before regular television mainly because there are more spot to go around. 911 is a mega hit for Fox or it would have been cancelled long ago in place of reality television because of the costs.