Angel Reese declares for WNBA draft

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you would think by now with the biggest names in women's college basketball forgoing the extra year(sans Paige, who has only played 2.5 season) ya'll would get it through your skulls that this isn't the case. what's not getting through that their endorsement deals aren't going nowhere?

Even though that's true, it will always feel like a demotion. shytty practice facilities and flying commercial. :picard:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Because the wnba is a forgiven league. It’s an only so many teams. The girl who helped them win the title last year got drafted and cut before the season started
Yeah it’s rough out there. Auburn had a gal they put out there in the 2nd round and she ain’t make it out of training camp. Only having 12 teams is insane

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
She has played 4 years and is what she is at this point. If she hasn't developed an outside J by now it probably won't happen next year. With the offense at LSU probably running more through Flauje and Williams next year I can understand why she decided to roll out.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Even though that's true, it will always feel like a demotion. shytty practice facilities and flying commercial. :picard:

I don't want this to turn into a "WNBA pay gap thread," But, ya'll really think the owners (WNBA) are just hidin' money?

Every metric available to us shows that the WNBA just does not turn a profit.

Hell, Title 9 is the reason the biggest college sports drag the other sports up out of the water.

The number thing ppl need to start doing is; CONSUMING THE PRODUCT

Watch the games, go to the games, buy the merch up, etc.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
This was one of the main points in this vid gil and the others were making. Gil straight up said get these dinosaurs out the league. IIRC Lexi agreed that the league caters too much to the older women. Gil said the foreign players can come into the WNBA at 17-19 with no following, while the US born girls have to waih 2-3 years to get in the league, when they have the following. This is also the convo I think Lexi made the comment that said the coaches are too old school as well.

lexi brown is a scrub , been in the league 6 years and been on 4 teams

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Exactly. I heard the 2nd round draft picks get cut right off the jump and all the old bitter butch chicks in the league, or her very own teammates, are going to elbow Reese in the mouth soon as she steps foot on the court. I'm not even convinced Caitlyn Clark is going to become something in the WNBA. Better milk the college experience as much as she can.

I don't get the whoel "bitter" they are just better.

Look at kelsey plum dominated college but it took her 4 years to even be an above average wnba player. Just because you were great in college doesn't mean you will cut it at the next level. Goes for every sport.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

That's changing too. Y'all gotta keep up

By the time clark gets off her rookie deal the entire league might look and run entirely different

Mars

Superstar
Daps
I think Edwards/Jackson will end up being the 2nd/3rd best players in this draft....I'm not all that sold on Reese/Brink being starters on good teams.....Brink has the athletic/physical tools, but if you get a little physical with her she seems to go soft as we saw in the tournament.....Angel needs to develop her skills.

Mars

Superstar
Daps

Nah, Lexi Brown has developed into one of the better 3 & D players in the league...Very good defender and has shot 46/40 over the last 2 seasons....However, she does come off as a hater

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
average career length for a wnba player is like 5 years. She just signed a 2 year contract with with the LA Sparks. She must be doing something right :yeshrug:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Trying to place the WNBA season is tough. But I do know a simple rule: the end of it's season should have absolutely zero overlap with the NFL.
MLB Play-offs can't even bang with the NFL. They can get a lot more people watching if they shift the season.

It's alright if your early regular season gets destroyed by the NFL Play-offs and Super Bowl, everything else does anyways.
WNBA should start in January and end in April.
What you don't want is your play-offs getting destroyed by the NFL. Nobody will watch the WNBA Play-offs when it's a brand new Football season going on at the same time so how you going to market your true best players? Then they can spend the Spring/Early Summer getting all glammed up.
WNBA peaking in April for the postseason is the best possible timing. The WNBA season ending next week for example would be great: 2-3 weeks before the NFL draft and before the NBA Play-offs.

Last edited: