Angel Reese declares for WNBA draft

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That's not specific to her though. That's same goes for every player entering the draft
You referred to her though and not anyone else.

The margin for error in the WNBA is smaller compared to their male counterpart like a lot of people in here have said. They don’t have the time nor roster space to wait on someone that’s slow to come along.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
You referred to her though and not anyone else.

The margin for error in the WNBA is smaller compared to their male counterpart like a lot of people in here have said. They don’t have the time nor roster space to wait on someone that’s slow to come along.

I know that's why I have said she will get one two years tops, to show what she's got or carve out a role. I dont see brands like reebok distancing themselves any sooner than that unless she doesn't make a team

I dont see her not making a team

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I know that's why I have said she will get one two years tops, to show what she's got or carve out a role. I dont see brands like reebok distancing themselves any sooner than that unless she doesn't make a team

I dont see her not making a team
If she doesn't make it in the league, then there's no guarantee that those NIL deals will be there long term.

I'm not talking about now because of course they will carry over. We are talking about long term if she washes out of the league.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Tell'em people who never watched the WNBA are not familiar with how the W operates when it comes to rookies and development
It’s honestly amazing this product hasn’t failed already. Not because women can’t hoop, but just bc it’s ran like a lemonade shop

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
If she doesn't make it in the league, then there's no guarantee that those NIL deals will be there long term.

I'm not talking about now because of course they will carry over. We are talking about long term if she washes out of the league.
Angel will be a public figure regardless she prolly could go the podcast route tbh

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Kinda OD the NCAA figured out how to make a successful product out of women ball before the NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION…Stern and Silver gotta hold that

I mean womens college bball has always been more popular , even growing up I remember those pat summit tennessee teams, chamique holdsclaw on slam (before even being in the wnba), sheryl swoopes

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Nope training camp is for 1 week, then the preseason games start, then the regular season starts a week after that.

No money and time in the league to do any of that, after you get drafted it's time to play:francis:
On Wednesday, Clark was among the 14 players invited to the USA Basketball training camp, which is April 3-5 in Cleveland. Clark could potentially be there at the same time for the 2024 Women's Final Four, which is April 5-7 in Cleveland.

The Iowa guard leads the NCAA with 31.8 points and 8.8 assists per game. Clark is the only college player among the 14 players invited to the camp, and that is sure to be a topic of conversation leading up to the selection of the 12 players for this year's team.

The roster is loaded with WNBA talent, led by five-time Olympic champion Diana Taurasi. She is one of nine former Olympians on the team. Other former Olympic players include:

Ariel Atkins
Chelsea Gray
Brittney Griner
Jewell Lloyd
Kelsey Plum
Breanna Stewart
A'ja Wilson
Jackie Young
Shakira Austin and Sabrina Ionescu played on the 2022 USA Women's World Cup Team, and Aliyah Boston and Rhyne Howard also will be in attendance at the camp.

Training camp is this week in Cleveland which is also hosting woman's final four.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I mean womens college bball has always been more popular , even growing up I remember those pat summit tennessee teams, chamique holdsclaw on slam (before even being in the wnba), sheryl swoopes
Yeah but that doesn't make it any less of an embarrassment for them lol.