Andrew Yang (Former 2020 Presidential Candidate): What's his future? #YangGang :lupe:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
yall gotta quote me where yang says hes down to abolish social programs man, tired of seeing this everywhere :unimpressed:

"What's gonna happen is you're gonna dramatically reduce enrollment for these programs because a lot of people will be like I prefer the cash and then this new incoming population will just opt for the dividend and never end up in these welfare programs and end up shrinking the enrollments over time. You just wouldn't do it all at once because there are a lot of people in distinct situations. And this is much more politically feasible and popular than trying to go in and tear these programs from the roots up."

From the Rubin interview in the Sam Seder clip I posted (pg 37). SSDI seems safe, but in that interview he mentioned 600 billion dollars worth of programs in place followed by the transcribed bit above. This was in response to Rubin asking why he wouldn't just end those programs outright.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"What's gonna happen is you're gonna dramatically reduce enrollment for these programs because a lot of people will be like I prefer the cash and then this new incoming population will just opt for the dividend and never end up in these welfare programs and end up shrinking the enrollments over time. You just wouldn't do it all at once because there are a lot of people in distinct situations. And this is much more politically feasible and popular than trying to go in and tear these programs from the roots up."

From the Rubin interview in the Sam Seder clip I posted (pg 37). SSDI seems safe, but in that interview he mentioned 600 billion dollars worth of programs in place followed by the transcribed bit above. This was in response to Rubin asking why he wouldn't just end those programs outright.

Hmm fair enough :jbhmm:

Visiting Dave Rubin never ends well :snoop:

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No worries breh it's a legit question. I have heard a few economists from good schools say the printing money leads to inflation.

The velocity of money creates inflation. Basically, how is the money used or how fast the money exchange hands. Say I give cats 100 dollars. Next I say today Nas will be dropping Illmatic part 2 on every corner, a lot of cats would pick it up. So more money would be changing hands, so the velocity of money would go up, and inflation would follow. But say after I give every one 100 dollar I say Big Sean is dropping an album some people with cop it and some people would rather save the 100, so the velocity of money doesn't go up so no increase in inflation.

It's how the money is used? Since most people in America have ridiculous amounts of personal debt, the funds will either go to that, be saved for rainy days or invested.

Japan has never turned off the printing press since the 1990s. Giving away money by a whole bunch of creative means. Japanese love to save the money instead. The velocity of money is what causes inflation, not the increase in the money supply.

The only time in history where inflation or hyperinflation happened is when countries wanted it!

:salute:

Good lookin. So using that illmatic example. Pretend physical copies was still a thing. In order to keep up with the demand of people having the dough to buy it they need to produce more. So the folks copying the cds, printing of booklets, etc would need to do more thustly charging more. Which would trickle up to the price me the customer is paying. At least thats how im picturing it.

---

Superstar
Daps
Good lookin. So using that illmatic example. Pretend physical copies was still a thing. In order to keep up with the demand of people having the dough to buy it, they need to produce more. So the folks copying the CDs, printing of booklets, etc. would need to do more thustly charging more. Which would trickle up to the price me the customer is paying. At least that's how I'm picturing it.

So Illmatic example the Cat takes the money the money and buy the CDs for say 10 dollars. A lot of other cats are buying the Illmatic. Cat selling is selling outside of the corner store.

Corner store owner sees all these damn Nas CDs selling like mad. So now the same cat outside the store goes into the store and tries to buy some the goat fruit drink Snapple. Owner like it's 2 dollars, Breh starts complaining it was a 1 dollar an hour ago.

The owner saw all that activity and knows that man has buckets of cash. If you were to flip it around and everyone got the money, but didn't send it or spent it slowly the owner of the store would of never sensed it and would have never raised prices transactions and raised prices.

So to sum, it all doesn't matter how much money is printed; it's how much is used and the perception of usage that makes inflation.