Andrew Yang (Former 2020 Presidential Candidate): What's his future? #YangGang :lupe:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
so progressive my insides hurt

lets load the poors up in shipping containers

:laff:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
9ahzref68bg31.png

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
So if you're making the current minimum of $7.25 you'll be making less than $15 plus other workers can't nogotiate salary with new increases. More Lolbertarian Wang :camby:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So if you're making the current minimum of $7.25 you'll be making less than $15 plus other workers can't nogotiate salary with new increases. More Lolbertarian Wang :camby:

Lmao you trying so hard, if you make 7.25 right now your job is gone if pay is forced to 15 :mjlol: barely anyone works at that absolute minimum wage.

UBI is superior to 15hr and that is clear, we can argue about other points but this one ain’t it chief:camby:

Last edited:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Lmao you trying so hard, if you make 7.25 right now your job is gone if pay is forced to 15 :mjlol: barely anyone works at that absolute minimum wage.

UBI is superior to 15hr and that is clear, we can argue about other points but this one ain’t it chief:camby:
You do know that minimum wage increases are gradual right? Plus last time I checked near 2 million people make at or below the federal minimum and that isn't just summer job teens. But I guess the free market will decide their fate under the Yang regime :yeshrug:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You do know that minimum wage increases are gradual right? Plus last time I checked near 2 million people make at or below the federal minimum and that isn't just summer job teens. But I guess the free market will decide their fate under the Yang regime :yeshrug:

What are you talking about :dwillhuh:

Their fate will be no job with 15hr hike :dwillhuh:

1.5 to 3 million jobs will be lost especially in sectors that work on small margins like the food and service industry :gucci:

There’s literally no downside in this case of just giving people money :francis:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
What are you talking about :dwillhuh:

Their fate will be no job with 15hr hike :dwillhuh:

1.5 to 3 million jobs will be lost especially in sectors that work on small margins like the food and service industry :gucci:

There’s literally no downside in this case of just giving people money :francis:
I'm not against UBI breh :dead:

The issue is that graphic (which to be fair does not look like it's from Yang) says it's not necessary to raise the minimum. Even the most conservative liberals want at least $10 or $12. I also assume Yang is a states rights guy on the minimum which to me sounds like he eventually wants his version of UBI to abolish it just like social programs. Which is incredibly dangerous if it's not solvent and tied to inflation or productivity.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not against UBI breh :dead:

The issue is that graphic (which to be fair does not look like it's from Yang) says it's not necessary to raise the minimum. Even the most conservative liberals want at least $10 or $12. I also assume Yang is a states rights guy on the minimum which to me sounds like he eventually wants his version of UBI to abolish it just like social programs. Which is incredibly dangerous if it's not solvent and tied to inflation or productivity.

yall gotta quote me where yang says hes down to abolish social programs man, tired of seeing this everywhere :unimpressed:

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to be down with Yang but I really wanna see someone challenge his ideas. Like Im no expert so this is probally a basic ass question but why wouldnt UBI over time just create inflation? More money in hands means more spening power yes but the demand of goods would go up so much that the only way to keep suply is to raise prices on stuff. Or am I missing something? I have no issues being schooled on stuff like this. I hope at the next debate we can see some canidates engage with him on this idea.

---

Superstar
Daps
I want to be down with Yang but I really wanna see someone challenge his ideas. Like Im no expert so this is probally a basic ass question but why wouldnt UBI over time just create inflation? More money in hands means more spening power yes but the demand of goods would go up so much that the only way to keep suply is to raise prices on stuff. Or am I missing something? I have no issues being schooled on stuff like this. I hope at the next debate we can see some canidates engage with him on this idea.

No worries breh it's a legit question. I have heard a few economists from good schools say the printing money leads to inflation.

The velocity of money creates inflation. Basically, how is the money used or how fast the money exchange hands. Say I give cats 100 dollars. Next I say today Nas will be dropping Illmatic part 2 on every corner, a lot of cats would pick it up. So more money would be changing hands, so the velocity of money would go up, and inflation would follow. But say after I give every one 100 dollar I say Big Sean is dropping an album some people with cop it and some people would rather save the 100, so the velocity of money doesn't go up so no increase in inflation.

It's how the money is used? Since most people in America have ridiculous amounts of personal debt, the funds will either go to that, be saved for rainy days or invested.

Japan has never turned off the printing press since the 1990s. Giving away money by a whole bunch of creative means. Japanese love to save the money instead. The velocity of money is what causes inflation, not the increase in the money supply.

The only time in history where inflation or hyperinflation happened is when countries wanted it!

:salute: