Andrew Yang (Former 2020 Presidential Candidate): What's his future? #YangGang :lupe:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
so I like I said it's a grift thanks for playing lolbertarians

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, I dont think its loaded. It's a lot of people, yeah, but noone all that strong. Biden being the clear front runner says a lot...

I dunno, I gotta disagree, tt's def loaded, not necessarily on probable strength but there are a lot of candidates who's political leanings overlap, which really hurts him as a candidate that hasn't held office. He'll really have to campaign very well cause I don't think he's going to get the media attention.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I believe they said Disability is allowed to stack with the UBI when it was pointed out that this would be an issue. But the Yang Gang crew can clarify which specific programs would it would not stack if that detail has been expanded on since the last time I checked. @FAH1223 i think you might have been the one that let me know about the disability wrinkle or maybe I’m just assuming bc you’re good on policy linking in general. Respect either way fam :salute:

If it would stack with disability then im all in

I get disability

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If it would stack with disability then im all in

I get disability

I ain't mad at that fam. His plan with SSDI stacked is a good one for you, my one caution would be that knowing how the GOP operates, that would be the type of aspect they'd target for elimination (and they'd blame it on cost). Yang needs stronger Democratic leadership in Congress imo because his plan really hinges way to close to the Libertarian one which could snowball into flat out bad.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I ain't mad at that fam. His plan with SSDI stacked is a good one for you, my one caution would be that knowing how the GOP operates, that would be the type of aspect they'd target for elimination (and they'd blame it on cost). Yang needs stronger Democratic leadership in Congress imo because his plan really hinges way to close to the Libertarian one which could snowball into flat out bad.

Thats why if i had to choose between the ubi and disability id keep the disability

But if i get to have both? I could damn near retire :wow:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Thats why if i had to choose between the ubi and disability id keep the disability

But if i get to have both? I could damn near retire :wow:

Yang also is standard Dem on expanding social security and lifting the cap on the taxable income. He's said he wants to expand the benefits of those on SSI and SSDI.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
great performance tonight, still had the lowest amount of time spoken but definitely got the message across. Needs to expand more on his decriminalization of drugs so we stop throwing people in jail that need rehab and come stronger on foreign policy.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
yang aint bullshytting, people think climate change can be saved while the 3rd world starts going thru thier own industrial revolution. Scary times ahead :mjcry:

Come get this check yall :manny:
He’s not selling pipe dreams of free college, free health care, and an end to global warming tomorrow, so the in crowd around here thinks he’s racist :manny:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
He’s not selling pipe dreams of free college, free health care, and an end to global warming tomorrow, so the in crowd around here thinks he’s racist :manny:

Free Public College and Universal Health care aren't pipe dreams.
Yang's UBI isn't a cure-all for any of the problems he speaks on.
He's literally pushing UBI as a way to erase the social safety net and funding it with a VAT, that's Libertarian not progressive.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
His UBI isn't a cure-all for any of the problems he speaks on.
He's literally pushing UBI as a way to erase the social safety net and funding it with a VAT, that's Libertarian not progressive.

He’s for universal healthcare. I think he’s touted Taiwan’s system from first hand experience of course. But he made one of the best arguments for Medicare For All in that it helps business by taking that load off their back.

I think he has a point about college being over prescribed and more kids have to do technical and vocational. But free college is a drop in the bucket as would technical school subsidies are. Germany should be what we look at.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
He’s for universal healthcare. I think he’s touted Taiwan’s system from first hand experience of course. But he made one of the best arguments for Medicare For All in that it helps business by taking that load off their back.

I think he has a point about college being over prescribed and more kids have to do technical and vocational. But free college is a drop in the bucket as would technical school subsidies are. Germany should be what we look at.

Yeah, it's bizarre to see someone support Yang while taking a pot shot at M4A.

I agree on everything you've got on the free public college topic. It's a good move but requires a lot of other steps and bolstering technical and vocational training is absolutely needed as part of the plan.

His debate performance absolutely earned the bump in support. He made a big leap from debate one to this debate two, but I do think that if the field narrows and people hone in more on his platform that things could get "Mehdi Hasan Deconstructed interview" ugly since I haven't seen him address any of the fears that I consistently bring up when the Yang Gang gets a little too hype.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yang's UBI isn't a cure-all for any of the problems he speaks on.

Where have you seen this?

Every interview I've heard, he said he's not using the UBI to eliminate existing SSNs.:patrice: