Andrew Yang (Former 2020 Presidential Candidate): What's his future? #YangGang :lupe:

Althalucian

All Star
Daps
he thinks there will be a revolt of sorts if we do nothing and admits this is part of why he's running

I support a UBI, but when you combine that with a guy like yang who is explicitly pro-market I think of more sinister motives behind this campaign. If you listen to him he will never criticize the market's ability to fix problems. Not surprised some of the alt-right types are behind him. They would gladly usher in an era of unchecked market forces for 1k a month

This recent video exposes a lot of the market criticism than others:

(might have to start video from beginning)

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the free market part was sarcasm, i just meant i dont think his version of UBI is coming from a good place. but yeah i guess it does read like a trump tweet lol
That's in addition to the other social safety net programs hes not eliminating things like social security, disability, snap etc. It makes sense imo.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Just reinforcing that Yang's UBI model is the weak libertarian model...

Yang has said that his VAT will exclude basic staples like fresh food, utilities, housing, children’s clothing and more.

It's a good critique they're putting. I agree with them. Yang has some Libertarian thoughts but then again he's advocating for single payer, is for raising Capital Gains Tax, Financial Transactions Tax too... so it's an interesting mix.