Andrew Yang (Former 2020 Presidential Candidate): What's his future? #YangGang :lupe:

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
What do you mean by momentum? What are using to make that call?

His name appears in a higher ranking than most other candidates in terms of Google trends searches. He has raised a decent amount in this first quarter, actually, only one of four people to reveal his numbers and qualified for the debates.

Not sure what you're using to make that statement.
And up until a few weeks ago he wasn't even getting mentioned as a candidate by most tv networks.
No he was a town hall.

I'm not saying he has much of a chance, but if he could even change the conversation a bit like Bernie did last time I'd consider it a win.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Man this was a really poor post
...at least get a refresher on the guy he's gaining momentum

His name appears in a higher ranking than most other candidates in terms of Google trends searches. He has raised a decent amount in this first quarter, actually, only one of four people to reveal his numbers and qualified for the debates.

:ohhh: Yang really has a loyal following now.

Brehs I'm just telling my prospective from these political streets.

And I say this as someone who hopes this cat is what Bernie was in 2016.....

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm not trying discourage y'all but the reality is yang has no momentum....

I said like a week or two ago as well. But I have to forcefully come into this thread to seek updates, meanwhile I can't help but hear soundbites from Biden or Mayor Pete daily.

In this day and age, bad publicity is the same as good publicity, because name recognition goes a long way.

I feel like Serious is basically saying that because the media's agenda drives the news cycle, we should just bend over to their decisions.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I feel like Serious is basically saying that because the media's agenda drives the news cycle, we should just bend over to their decisions.
Yeah in LA it's obvious that NPR / KCRW is pushing for Mayor Pete because the LGBTQ connection, hopefully Yang will get more press after the townhall next week.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Hm. Fascinating. It will take some time to wrap my head around this.
Yeah i dont know what to make of the support he's getting from the right.
Maybe theyre trying to follow the 2016 DNC playbook of boosting Trump for an "easy win" in the general?

blotter

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah i dont know what to make of the support he's getting from the right.
Maybe theyre trying to follow the 2016 DNC playbook of boosting Trump for an "easy win" in the general?
he thinks there will be a revolt of sorts if we do nothing and admits this is part of why he's running

I support a UBI, but when you combine that with a guy like yang who is explicitly pro-market I think of more sinister motives behind this campaign. If you listen to him he will never criticize the market's ability to fix problems. Not surprised some of the alt-right types are behind him. They would gladly usher in an era of unchecked market forces for 1k a month

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
that's the main reason why I don't rock with him. on top of his support for charter schools

he thinks there will be a revolt of sorts if we do nothing and admits this is part of why he's running

I support a UBI, but when you combine that with a guy like yang who is explicitly pro-market I think of more sinister motives behind this campaign. If you listen to him he will never criticize the market's ability to fix problems. Not surprised some of the alt-right types are behind him. They would gladly usher in an era of unchecked market forces for 1k a month

Althalucian

All Star
Daps

He criticizes the free market, its just that he thinks the government can do far, far more. Like 86 progressive policies more.