Andre 3000 charming the shyt out of some cobras - err, playing the flute at a Jazz Fest

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
How?

And what’s your favorite flute artist? What are you recommending?
I'm damn sure not recommending this :mjlol:

So you telling me that shyt was fire?

giphy.gif

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
nope. atl always gonna hold him down and atl runs shyt :manny:
i was there, it was chill af vibes. we enjoyed and appreciated.

ATL runs what?

The biggest artists come from elsewhere
Cole, Kendrick, Drake, Travis Scott, Uzi, Sexyy Redd etc

Y’all still holding on to cold irrelevant acts like the Migos, lil baby, 2Chainz, jeezy

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
it's really not that serious

nah it's clear as day fans have gross entitlement

nobody in real life that is grounded is caught up in this shyt like this. y'all dudes have to remember we are rap nerds we don't represent the average person. nobody dumping his legacy because of this lol

Oh definitely Im speaking as a whole rap nerd, I know for a fact hes beloved by the general public, shyt I myself love him hes an icon. I literally came up on my uncles Aquemini CD when I was a kid cause of the cover and the CD with the woman painted on it, I was rapping ATLienz by heart by the time I was like 12? And that shyt was already old school by then

Matter fact look at this list

Look whose at number 1, and I wouldnt even go against it. But damn bruh does he not like his real fans? I get hating the bandwagon fans, the cacs that jumped on Hey Ya!!! The new stupid illiterate ass generation... I get it Dre, you dont wanna pander to little kids and you shouldnt have to.

But I dont think he realizes his fans grew up with him and its at least a couple million of us that need his kinda of poetry and mentality in this fukked up timeline where living in.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
ATL runs what?

The biggest artists come from elsewhere
Cole, Kendrick, Drake, Travis Scott, Uzi, Sexyy Redd etc

Y’all still holding on to cold irrelevant acts like the Migos, lil baby, 2Chainz, jeezy
ATL was the last city to have central control of the genre of hip hop as the dominant influence but this started pre social media. since the internet has changed everything people still erroneously say that Atlanta runs hip hop because another city has not taken over but another city probably won't since the internet has made local scenes a thing of the past in most places. Post Atlanta Chicago and Memphis influenced hip hop the most and nobody has said Memphis runs rap because that isn't the way it goes anymore. But Memphis shaped most of the post trap rap music sound and aesthetic. Drake was relevant for 10 years nobody said Toronto runs rap.

The idea of one city running things has been outdated for a while now. now the other issue is the "big 3" are not held to any of these standards they exist above em. hip hop usually has a scene that shapes the sound and that scene has the hottest acts of that era that would have been the migos lil baby etc. The big 3 are independent of a scene they have transcended that space. So regardless of if North Carolina, Toronto or LA are relevant they always are. of the Big 3 only Drake chases relevancy the rest have maintained off talent.

Last edited:

mag357

Superstar
Daps
I ain't got the heart to click that video.
It might be the flyest sounds I've ever heard but there's also a chance it sounds like a 2cd grade music recital.

And Im too afraid to find out.

Good for him tho

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Andre 3000 is one of the most pretentious people in the game. Dude says he hates performing but literally walks around public playing flute so everyone can say “oh i saw andre playing flute in … “. Yea so lets just walk around public and do it for free because you hate it so much.

He gets a pass from the south they give noone else

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm damn sure not recommending this :mjlol:

So you telling me that shyt was fire?

giphy.gif

Exactly. You don’t know what you’re talking about and yet you are determined to give your input. And be in your feelings about it.

I don’t listen to flute music. I don’t care if it’s good or bad.

I’m not losing any sleep over what another man decides to do.

Guys sound like bozos trying to force a 50 year old man to rap.

Daps