Andre 3000 charming the shyt out of some cobras - err, playing the flute at a Jazz Fest

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I swear I'm in a different part of the multiverse than I started in.

Andre kinda losing it is one thing. For everyone to play along is where it gets spooky.

I guess if he was killing the flute, or even doing a decent job like a kid in the school band, then it would be fine.

But I think almost anyone can pick up that flute and do what I just heard.

Daps
I swear I'm in a different part of the multiverse than I started in.
Andre kinda losing it is one thing. For everyone to play along is where it gets spooky.
I guess if he was killing the flute, or even doing a decent job like a kid in the school band, then it would be fine.
But I think almost anyone can pick up that flute and do what I just heard.

what you just heard was a 10 sec social media clip.
yeah you right, social media turning yall minds to mush. :dead: folks login to ig, think they are full time a&r and a comedian by night.

Last edited:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Basically, people want Andre 3000 to be some bitter old rapper fighting to stay relevant all while gossiping to podcasts about other rappers from his glory days.

No we dont. None of us believe he'd ever go out like that, that dude is a pure spirit. I wish him all the happiness in the world.

But he playing in our face right now cause his whole reason for retiring was supposedly his crippling social anxiety that stopped him from recording and performing his music.

So why the fukk did he drop a half ass flute album, play a whole residence for that half ass flute album, and THEN show up to the Atlanta Jazz Festival to play some fukking Legend of Zelda ocarina fukkery?

Combine that with all the interviews he does yapping about "oh me and Big Boi just two different people now" "I just dont feel like I can talk about anything relevant" "no one wants to hear me rap about colonoscopies" and etc and its CLEAR AS DAY that Andre is SCARED TO RAP. He scared to live up to the bar the people set for him, cause he sure aint scared to get up on that stage and look like a fukking fool playing that flute at -literally- a middle school band level. Not even high school band.

I cant defend this bullshyt bro, Love Below was a vibe, Idlewild Soundtrack was cool, he had a great post-Outkast feature run, but this is trash and his legacy has dropped down SEVERAL notches to me below the likes of Nas, Black Thought, Mos Def, and yes Big Boi too. OG's who aint scared to rap about OG shyt

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Basically, people want Andre 3000 to be some bitter old rapper fighting to stay relevant all while gossiping to podcasts about other rappers from his glory days.
This.

If he became a 'chatty/patty ' podcaster gossiping online about who shot who and who slept with who in the 90's, they would've not say shyt. They would have love it.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:laff:

Everybody who been crowning him as goat off of 5 features in a decade you have blood on your hands
how does this change his rap ability?:why: he is crowned because of his actual rap ability not because of the quantity the quality

it says something if one man can have 5 verses that wow for a decade and other men can have 5 million in that same time span and still not have 5 in there as good.

that's reality. people who pretend they don't know why 3K gets that status cannot speak to his actual skill set ever just other distractions around him.. tell me when his bars are not the bar anymore then we can talk. dude has no wasted words no slack flows he does it effortless every time he wants to and that's why it's frustrating to some of y'all you can't discount the raps so you attack the persona or the output and everything else.

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
He could make fart noises from his armpit and they’ll say he’s a genius

:wow:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This shyt lowkey hurting his legacy
Dude has turned into a laughing stock
it's really not that serious
No we dont. None of us believe he'd ever go out like that, that dude is a pure spirit. I wish him all the happiness in the world.

But he playing in our face right now cause his whole reason for retiring was supposedly his crippling social anxiety that stopped him from recording and performing his music.

So why the fukk did he drop a half ass flute album, play a whole residence for that half ass flute album, and THEN show up to the Atlanta Jazz Festival to play some fukking Legend of Zelda ocarina fukkery?

Combine that with all the interviews he does yapping about "oh me and Big Boi just two different people now" "I just dont feel like I can talk about anything relevant" "no one wants to hear me rap about colonoscopies" and etc and its CLEAR AS DAY that Andre is SCARED TO RAP. He scared to live up to the bar the people set for him, cause he sure aint scared to get up on that stage and look like a fukking fool playing that flute at -literally- a middle school band level. Not even high school band.

I cant defend this bullshyt bro, Love Below was a vibe, Idlewild Soundtrack was cool, he had a great post-Outkast feature run, but this is trash and his legacy has dropped down SEVERAL notches to me below the likes of Nas, Black Thought, Mos Def, and yes Big Boi too. OG's who aint scared to rap about OG shyt
nah it's clear as day fans have gross entitlement

nobody in real life that is grounded is caught up in this shyt like this. y'all dudes have to remember we are rap nerds we don't represent the average person. nobody dumping his legacy because of this lol

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
IXObpZ.gif

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
nobody talking about Kanye or Eminem in here stop boosting

he also has not gotten accolades for his flute shyt it's quite pedestrian but it's what HE WANTS TO DO. which some of the people can't get over.
Ok we know it's what he wants to do. But he gonna get these jokes in the process

nikka sounding like Squidward playing the clarinet