Albums Anderson Paak x Knxwledge (NXWORRIES )- WHY LAWD? [Discussion Thread]

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait, did she rap over this live or is this one of his remixes using her freestyle/vocals?

Either way - I would love to hear Meg do an EP that sounded like this. Knxwledge even makes heaux rap sound incredible

VY2wmdR.png

On a side but related note, I usually skip Knx tapes that are mostly remixes and putting beats under freestyles because I prefer the instrumentals, but maybe I need to tap into the remix tapes more. I know I'm probably missing out on some fire

I prefer the instrumentals but his r&b remixes are fire.

This is the remix the KeepHer beats is from:

Knxwledge is my favorite just for the sonic quality of his beats, sample usage, and creativity.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I heard up to battlefield. So far it's amazing. Not feeling Daydreamin off first listen. But everything I've heard so far is fire. The transition into "where I go" is flames.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I prefer the instrumentals but his r&b remixes are fire.

This is the remix the KeepHer beats is from:

Knxwledge is my favorite just for the sonic quality of his beats, sample usage, and creativity.

Mine too. I always liked him but this past year I've been getting and running back all the VGM tapes and his instrumental discography, and that cemented him as #1 to me

I love Alch and he's up there, but my vibe is more Knx or KAYTRA than Alch or Daringer types

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mine too. I always liked him but this past year I've been getting and running back all the VGM tapes and his instrumental discography, and that cemented him as #1 to me

I love Alch and he's up there, but my vibe is more Knx or KAYTRA than Alch or Daringer types

I love Al but Knxwledge just has a sound that creates a consistent, chill vibe. There's barely any high end in anything he makes so his beats just have a texture I can't really explain but they're hypnotic. I'm more into laid back, lofi instrumentals and he has that sound mastered.

What's funny is Alchemist credits Knxwledge with making him release music on his own once he met him and saw how he had so many damn beat tapes on Bandcamp:mjlol:

I love his drum patterns especially when it's the snare on 4 but not two or when it's just kicks with no snare. I'll just be enjoying his beats and then when I pay attention to the details :ohhh:

Even when he does those freestyle remixes the vocals are mixed with the highs taken out. I saw someone on YouTube say the trick is he layers some ambient city noise on the vocals. How he figures out to do those things are beyond me.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I love Al but Knxwledge just has a sound that creates a consistent, chill vibe. There's barely any high end in anything he makes so his beats just have a texture I can't really explain but they're hypnotic. I'm more into laid back, lofi instrumentals and he has that sound mastered.

What's funny is Alchemist credits Knxwledge with making him release music on his own once he met him and saw how he had so many damn beat tapes on Bandcamp:mjlol:

I love his drum patterns especially when it's the snare on 4 but not two or when it's just kicks with no snare. I'll just be enjoying his beats and then when I pay attention to the details :ohhh:

Even when he does those freestyle remixes the vocals are mixed with the highs taken out. I saw someone on YouTube say the trick is he layers some ambient city noise on the vocals. How he figures out to do those things are beyond me.

Yeah it bugs me out because sometimes those vocal/freestyle remixes are from actual on-the-street freestyles, but most of them aren't, but they ALL have that on-the-street rapping or singing on the corner feel.

Shyt is genius

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah it bugs me out because sometimes those vocal/freestyle remixes are from actual on-the-street freestyles, but most of them aren't, but they ALL have that on-the-street rapping or singing on the corner feel.

Shyt is genius

:banderas:

I also like how he makes videos with random video game clips:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
That's the beat that turned me from a fan to a stan. The drums :wow:

I know you probably caught this, but somebody last year dropped a Google Drive with mad knx tapes. It isn't being updated, but it's got a lot

EDIT: Let me send it via PM if you want it, I don't want it getting nuked. And if anybody else wants it just shoot me a PM