Albums Anderson Paak x Knxwledge (NXWORRIES )- WHY LAWD? [Discussion Thread]

Braman

Superstar
Daps
shyts beautiful man. Less cohesive than Yes Lawd. Yes Lawd has no skips imo. This one has 2 or 3

Also a very weird nitpicky thing about Paak: it’s almost like he doesn’t know want to be TOO serious. Like he’s playful wit it :heh:

Im listening to ‘Money Wont Keep Her’ and man the way he comes in ‘You drove the knife thru my pride…..’ :sadcam: but then he’ll add humor ‘you don’t like good in that Hyundai….you was gettin ya cheeks beat’ :aicmon::russ:

Very nitpicky but I think tjats rhr only thing keeping him from an all-time level on some Sam Cooke R Kelly usher shyt. He’s that good

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyts beautiful man. Less cohesive than Yes Lawd. Yes Lawd has no skips imo. This one has 2 or 3

Also a very weird nitpicky thing about Paak: it’s almost like he doesn’t know want to be TOO serious. Like he’s playful wit it :heh:

Im listening to ‘Money Wont Keep Her’ and man the way he comes in ‘You drove the knife thru my pride…..’ :sadcam: but then he’ll add humor ‘you don’t like good in that Hyundai….you was gettin ya cheeks beat’ :aicmon::russ:

Very nitpicky but I think tjats rhr only thing keeping him from an all-time level on some Sam Cooke R Kelly usher shyt. He’s that good

The playfulness is what makes him unique. It's a good balance between the super serious/romantic singers and the vulgar modern day "singers."

It's also how you know he's writing because his personality shines through. Some randomly penned song could go to any singer but Paak songs have his stamp on them. Suede wouldn't sound right if anyone else did it.

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
The playfulness is what makes him unique. It's a good balance between the super serious/romantic singers and the vulgar modern day "singers."

It's also how you know he's writing because his personality shines through. Some randomly penned song that could go to any singer but Paak songs have his stamp on them. Suede wouldn't sound right if anyone else did it.

Yea it makes him unique but it can take away from a song, or limit its potency. Not always but sometimes. Again I’m talking about what’s separating him from the all time top tier level. You don’t get there without showing that vulnerability. Like imagine Usher Superstar if he laughed while singing it :russ:

Like bro you just divorced your wife we want to see you let that out. The last track Walk on By is a good example of that. :mjcry:As opposed to the joint with October London. A great song but you can tell it’s almost like he’s parodying it. Even tho vocally he could sing it just like the classics. A little bit of a leftover from the Bruno mars expedience —-which I hated for that reason. Came off as parodying

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjlol:Think that’s just how dude is, goofy as hell. Probably part of the reason his wife finally stopped taking him back.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea it makes him unique but it can take away from a song, or limit its potency. Not always but sometimes. Again I’m talking about what’s separating him from the all time top tier level. You don’t get there without showing that vulnerability. Like imagine Usher Superstar if he laughed while singing it :russ:

Like bro you just divorced your wife we want to see you let that out. The last track Walk on By is a good example of that. :mjcry:As opposed to the joint with October London. A great song but you can tell it’s almost like he’s parodying it. Even tho vocally he could sing it just like the classics. A little bit of a leftover from the Bruno mars expedience —-which I hated for that reason. Came off as parodying

:dahell:

Usher isn't that kind of singer. This has been Paak's style from the get go so it's expected especially when it's a NxWorries album.

If he said "I know you were with another man" instead of "I know you were getting your cheeks beat" he'd be the same as any other R&B singer. He got Thundercat on the song who's another artist who leans into his personality and isn't super serious. I appreciate the uniqueness and it's why they stand out. Taking that away is like asking Busta Rhymes to dress normally. Being odd is part of their character.

Bruno Mars is a karaoke singer so all his music sounds like a parody. FromHere is just a throwback record with Paak's style. It fits the vibe because he's talking about being in the club and there's slow jams playing.

I don't get the criticism. If you want Paak to be more traditional than he's not Paak but just another R&B singer. The genre has pretty much fallen out of the mainstream so he wouldn't have the success if he went that route.

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
:dahell:

Usher isn't that kind of singer. This has been Paak's style from the get go so it's expected especially when it's a NxWorries album.

If he said "I know you were with another man" instead of "I know you were getting your cheeks beat" he'd be the same as any other R&B singer. He got Thundercat on the song who's another artist who leans into his personality and isn't super serious. I appreciate the uniqueness and it's why they stand out. Taking that away is like asking Busta Rhymes to dress normally. Being odd is part of their character.

Bruno Mars is a karaoke singer so all his music sounds like a parody. FromHere is just a throwback record with Paak's style. It fits the vibe because he's talking about being in the club and there's slow jams playing.

I don't get the criticism. If you want Paak to be more traditional than he's not Paak but just another R&B singer. The genre has pretty much fallen out of the mainstream so he wouldn't have the success if he went that route.

I’m not a newby Paak fan my boy :heh: YOU go find another R&b singer :umad:

I’ll nitpick even my favorite artist. I stand by what I said

Braman

Superstar
Daps
That beat switch/sample on SheUsed man HELL nah :damn:

But I don’t do this for my, health……..…....…she…calls…me…babbby

Funk-Flex-Bow-Wow1.jpg

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

I AGREE THAT THE ALBUM WIT BRUNO WAS ALMOST LIKE A PARODY

BUT THIS ONE IS REAL …. THATS JUST HIS CHARACTER

I GET WHAT U SAYIN THO …. IF PAAK STUCK MORE TO A CONTRIVED FORMULA THEN HE WOULD PROBABLY BE A GLOBAL SUPERSTAR

HE JUS BEIN PAAK THO

AND HAS ALREADY GIVEN US 2 CLASSIX (MALIBU & YES LAWD) + LOTS OF GREAT MUSIC