And There were Young Warriors against a King's Legacy...OFFICIAL CAVS VS. WARRIORS NBA FINALS Thread

Cavs or Warriors

• Cavs in 4

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • Cavs in 5

Votes: 12 3.1%
  • Cavs in 6

Votes: 133 34.7%
  • Cavs in 7

Votes: 23 6.0%
  • Warriors in 4

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Warriors in 5

Votes: 44 11.5%
  • Warriors in 6

Votes: 116 30.3%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 37 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
cHdgyxG.jpg

in honor of Dusty Rhodes:to:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Huge props to Iggy. Dude balled out tonight. Only player on the Warriors I respect.

If GS wins, he's definitely the FMVP.

Rest up Cleveland. Ya'll got 3 days to recover and leave it all out there for Game 5. :demonic:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I give you credit to at least learning from the last time you tried to quote me. You've relegated yourself to simply posting smilies because the day before when you tried to debate me you got skullfukked. Go back and peep the dap ratio in my posts compared to yours. :lolbron:
Nah, I'm on my phone and I saw your Titangraph full of tears so I just dropped a smiley. Best believe when I get to a computer I'll dismantle the dumb shyt you just posted. Only read a few lines of it and I know it's bullshyt.

:heh:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Boutta make a serious post.

You know I think it's funny. Cavs win a game and Warriors fans are talking about it being an "anomaly" and GS just needs to wake up and blah blah. But tonight they finally get a win, and it's almost entirely based on anomalies.

Where do I start?

1.) Iguodala absolutely SHOWED OUT. Hats off to him, but that's not the recipe for success. Just like Klay, you'll get a good game out of Iggy then he'll fade to obscurity in the next.

2.) JR and Shumpert played inexplicably bad. Don't get me wrong, they've been mediocre all series, but watching the Cavs get like 4 second chance 3s for Smith and watching him brick them all was cringe worthy. Speaking of which...

3.) The Cavs couldn't hit a 3 to save their lives. When GS can't score it's because "they're off", but Cle is shooting poorly and of course it's because of GS' "stifling defense." Go back and watch the game, the overwhelming majority of the 3s Cle shot were uncontested and they bricked everything. Delly, Shump, and JR especially.

4.) The Cavs were GASSED. They run a 7 man rotation and are battling all night, it showed in tonight's game with 1 day's rest. LeBron was on an IV for cramps before the game. Delly was in the hospital just a night before from dehydration. No one looked like they were mentally checked in besides Mozgov, who (this isn't a coincidence) has seen the least minutes of all the Cavs starters this series.

5.) LeBron played horribly. No one expects him to shoot great percentages, but he wasn't even shooting in volume. He didn't look aggressive and was missing lots of FTs, again probably due to fatigue.

6.) On top of missing lots of 3s, Cle was missing a lot of point blank layups as well, again probably due to fatigue. Despite dominating the glass they weren't converting all that well. They shot 33%.

7.) For the first time all series, GS was able to play at the fast pace they like. And again, I chalk this down to Cleveland being absolutely gassed. Dudes were leaking out for straight up uncontested fast breaks. That won't fly with 2 days rest.

And despite all that the Cavs were down 3 and within striking distance of the Warriors at the end of the 3rd. For a moment it looked like they were gonna take the game. Don't let the final score fool you, GS gave Cleveland their absolute best shot tonight and Cleveland played about as awful as they can play and this game was still anyone's for the taking until Cleveland was running on fumes and decided to give up. And I don't wanna hear a single GS fan tell me that this wasn't their "best shot" because Curry and Thompson didn't play well. 4 games is a pattern, that "explosion" game is never coming for either of the Splash Bros.

2 Days of of much needed rest/recovery and time to make adjustments? Along with the fact that they'll be playing desperate because they just got beat? I'm not even worried. This series is cooked. Cavs in 6, on their home floor. :yeshrug:
You made good points, but some of them were off. You think Klay and Steph's comeout game is never coming, yet you're banking on JR and Shump coming to life eventually. GS is good defensive team, I think they're just doing a good job of locking down Clevelands guards. You can't expect Shumpert or JR to go off on this GS perimeter D.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Boutta make a serious post.

You know I think it's funny. Cavs win a game and Warriors fans are talking about it being an "anomaly" and GS just needs to wake up and blah blah. But tonight they finally get a win, and it's almost entirely based on anomalies.

Where do I start?

1.) Iguodala absolutely SHOWED OUT. Hats off to him, but that's not the recipe for success. Just like Klay, you'll get a good game out of Iggy then he'll fade to obscurity in the next.

2.) JR and Shumpert played inexplicably bad. Don't get me wrong, they've been mediocre all series, but watching the Cavs get like 4 second chance 3s for Smith and watching him brick them all was cringe worthy. Speaking of which...

3.) The Cavs couldn't hit a 3 to save their lives. When GS can't score it's because "they're off", but Cle is shooting poorly and of course it's because of GS' "stifling defense." Go back and watch the game, the overwhelming majority of the 3s Cle shot were uncontested and they bricked everything. Delly, Shump, and JR especially.

4.) The Cavs were GASSED. They run a 7 man rotation and are battling all night, it showed in tonight's game with 1 day's rest. LeBron was on an IV for cramps before the game. Delly was in the hospital just a night before from dehydration. No one looked like they were mentally checked in besides Mozgov, who (this isn't a coincidence) has seen the least minutes of all the Cavs starters this series.

5.) LeBron played horribly. No one expects him to shoot great percentages, but he wasn't even shooting in volume. He didn't look aggressive and was missing lots of FTs, again probably due to fatigue.

6.) On top of missing lots of 3s, Cle was missing a lot of point blank layups as well, again probably due to fatigue. Despite dominating the glass they weren't converting all that well. They shot 33%.

7.) For the first time all series, GS was able to play at the fast pace they like. And again, I chalk this down to Cleveland being absolutely gassed. Dudes were leaking out for straight up uncontested fast breaks. That won't fly with 2 days rest.

And despite all that the Cavs were down 3 and within striking distance of the Warriors at the end of the 3rd. For a moment it looked like they were gonna take the game. Don't let the final score fool you, GS gave Cleveland their absolute best shot tonight and Cleveland played about as awful as they can play and this game was still anyone's for the taking until Cleveland was running on fumes and decided to give up. And I don't wanna hear a single GS fan tell me that this wasn't their "best shot" because Curry and Thompson didn't play well. 4 games is a pattern, that "explosion" game is never coming for either of the Splash Bros.

2 Days of of much needed rest/recovery and time to make adjustments? Along with the fact that they'll be playing desperate because they just got beat? I'm not even worried. This series is cooked. Cavs in 6, on their home floor. :yeshrug:

I agree with almost all your points...but I don't get why you think 4, 5, 6, 7 are a one-time occurrence. Cavs "might" be able to get the energy to play all-out one more time...but how are they going to do it twice in a row? There's too much accumulated wear...if Lebron summons everything up and plays a monster game on Saturday, plus the other guys play with all their hearts, they could get the win in Golden State...but then Game 6 will look exactly like today's game did. At that point, you really think they'd have enough left to win a Game 7?

Even more likely, either Lebron or the rest of the guys will be gassed still in Game 5, and this thing is over in 6.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mark Jackson and JVG was taking pot shots all night. Saying you can tell who Kerr trusts with his life on the line by looking at the guys in the rotation tonight :scust:
He kinda threw barnes under the bus too basically saying it wasn't his fault barnes struggled last year off the bench, he just didn't buy in.