And It Begins: The Official Boruto Manga/Anime Thread

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I said in the main manga thread & I'll say it again: TBV has been one of the best starts to an arc I've seen in a while, everything about this has been well executed. After this chapter, I'm interested to see what direction Kishi takes this because it could easily end up feeling like a retread of the Jigen arc if he doesn't do something innovative here.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm sure this will get answered eventually... but is kashin koji helping boruto because he thinks boruto is kawaki? :ohhh:

or because boruto and sauce told him about eida's omnipotence spell?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
i'm sure this will get answered eventually... but is kashin koji helping boruto because he thinks boruto is kawaki? :ohhh:

or because boruto and sauce told him about eida's omnipotence spell?

He was created to stop the Otsutsukis so it probably doesn’t matter to him if their interest aligns.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was created to stop the Otsutsukis so it probably doesn’t matter to him if their interest aligns.

yeah. but the plan is amado's, so why koji is helping boruto could shed light on koji's motivations.

last we saw koji, jigen bodied him while pulling amado's ho card. so if he thinks boruto is kawaki then it could suggest he's still loyal to amado, regardless of what jigen told him (amado ALWAYS has an off-panel plan to be revealed... and he's feeling like a minor/side character right now, which screams curveball coming soon).

but if he understands the truth of omnipotence and chose to help boruto deal with the otsustuki then amado -- and anyone protecting him -- might have some problems headed their way. that would eventually put koji in conflict with konoha. and boruto.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
yeah. but the plan is amado's, so why koji is helping boruto could shed light on koji's motivations.

last we saw koji, jigen bodied him while pulling amado's ho card. so if he thinks boruto is kawaki then it could suggest he's still loyal to amado, regardless of what jigen told him (amado ALWAYS has an off-panel plan to be revealed... and he's feeling like a minor/side character right now, which screams curveball coming soon).

but if he understands the truth of omnipotence and chose to help boruto deal with the otsustuki then amado -- and anyone protecting him -- might have some problems headed their way. that would eventually put koji in conflict with konoha. and boruto.

I get what you saying but this is a monthly manga and just adds in more plot points to get lazily resolved later.

He’ll definitely play a larger part but the omnipotence will get handwaved by the whole the enemy of my enemy is my friend trope. I’m betting they set this up to cash in on that Naruto x Jiraiya nostalgia except both Naruto & Boruto will be able to say goodbye this time.