Ancestry DNA Matches from Africa - Are These Questions Ok to Ask Them or Nah?

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i'm pretty sure i've mentioned i have Chinese ancestry on here before

I don't have no room to talk shyt. Polynesia came back as a low confidence area on my DNA test with AncestryDNA. Polynesia came back as a high confidence region for my mother. That DNA is actually pretty common in African Americans, because about 10% of all slaves are form Mozambique and Madagascar.

Polynesian on AncestryDNA for African Americans is almost always from Madagascar, which is where Indonesian women and Bantu men had a bunch of kids called the Malgasy on Madagascar. The English imported a lot of Malagasy into the USA during slavery, which is how African Americans have so much Malagasy DNA.

MadagascarMap.JPG

518AqP-jKpL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

be36cb7879dd0b5f81830fa0375d0b9c.jpg

253-malagasy-girl-portrait-baobab.jpg

These African Americans are all partially Malagasy:

1200px-Condoleezza_Rice_cropped.jpg

mae_c_jemison_photo_courtesy_nasa_wikimedia_commonsjpg.jpg

keenen-ivory-wayans-538232-1-402.jpg

I still like this gif though.
322215d1506cf26b482358184e95b5aa.png

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
More likely Indonesian if it is from the time of slavery, but the Black people in America think that the Asian in their blood is because they got Indians in their family.
nah from the 1800s, post emancipation
https://abagond.wordpress.com/2014/05/29/settlement-of-asians-in-the-deep-south-1763-1882/
http://chineseamericanhistorian.blogspot.com
http://www.knowlouisiana.org/entry/chinatown
http://www.colorq.org/MeltingPot/article.aspx?d=America&x=ChineseBlacks
Historically, Chinese American men married African American women in high proportions to their total marriage numbers due to few Chinese American women being in the United States. After the Emancipation Proclamation, many Chinese Americans immigrated to the Southern states, particularly Arkansas, to work on plantations. The tenth US Census of Louisiana counted 57% of interracial marriages between these Chinese Americans to be with African Americans and 43% to be with European American women.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Just reading these blogs its crazy how I never considered that the Caribbean was getting Chinese folks imported in at the same time as the ones down south. Ive known about both for years but I never put the two together. That would be a trip if some folks got recent family connections through the Chinese side between the South and Caribbean.
:wow:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Just reading these blogs its crazy how I never considered that the Caribbean was getting Chinese folks imported in at the same time as the ones down south. Ive known about both for years but I never put the two together. That would be a trip if some folks got recent family connections through the Chinese side between the South and Caribbean.
:wow:
Coolie trade was bigger in the Caribbean since the US passed those exclusionary acts

Also slavery ended in the Caribbean only about 20-30 years before the US so Chinese importation happened around the same time

To your last sentence, that would interesting...I know most Chinese Jamaicans have left Jamaica (south Florida and Toronto have the biggest Chinese jamaicannpopulations)

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
gotta be honest im suprised i got only 1% Nigerian. and i have no idea what groups would be in Cameroon/Congo and Africa Southeastern Bantu. I assume Kongo and Angolans

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
gotta be honest im suprised i got only 1% Nigerian. and i have no idea what groups would be in Cameroon/Congo and Africa Southeastern Bantu. I assume Kongo and Angolans

Gedmatch your results. It is free so just upload your numbers to see who you match.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
The disclosure stuff? They just added that today, so you have agree to it if you want to use the service.
nah i mean the results of the heritage part
ive been playing with the different tests but i'm not how to read the results because i keep seeing a bunch of different names and ethnicities popping up. I do keep seeing Fang tho