America's Reverse Migration- Black Americans leaving West Coast for the South

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
@Thomas @KidStranglehold @Barnett @Poitier @CashmereEsquire @bdizzle @Raymond Burrr @AVXL

How do you all think we can make sure the south can become a black mecca for our grand children's grandchildren & beyond? What are some of the key steps we need to make (especially 80's & 90's babies) to not fall for the same mistakes our parents & grandparents made? What industries do you feel we need to steer our children towards to build our power?

Buy property, invest in an income generating asset, and start a business.

The shyt that we all know we should be doing, but many of us refuse to do.

Me and my girl launched our business a few months ago (we sell physical products) and we're making about $300/mo selling downloadable printables on Etsy. We don't have to do shyt other than respond to emails and make sure we pay our Etsy fees. It makes money in our sleep.

Last edited:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Clipboard14.jpg

New Afrika will rise! Free the Land! :blessed::wow::mjcry:

ZoeGod

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
:ehh: I'm too much of a New Yorker to leave, but I guess I understand why some black people would.
Breh I am a New Yorkers and I love Brooklyn where I'm born and raised:blessed: but bruh the rent is too high and it is almost impossible to get into the real estate game. :mjcry:At least down south it's cheap and you can grown your paper fast.

ZoeGod

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
:ehh: I'm too much of a New Yorker to leave, but I guess I understand why some black people would.
Breh I am a New Yorkers and I love Brooklyn where I'm born and raised:blessed: but bruh the rent is too high and it is almost impossible to get into the real estate game. :mjcry:At least down south it's cheap and you can grown your paper fast.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
good for you
your analogy makes 0 sense

Can y'all black NYers please come to Jersey, Indians and Hispanics are taking over :mjcry:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Buy property, invest in an income generating asset, and start a business.

The shyt that we all know we should be doing, but many of us refuse to do.

Me and my girl launched our business a few months ago (we sell physical products) and we're making about $300/mo selling downloadable printables on Etsy. We don't have to do shyt other than respond to emails and make sure we pay our Etsy fees. It makes money in our sleep.
:salute:

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
I'm from the Bay. Me and the wife are relocating as well. My brother made a similar comment about white folks, meanwhile this nicca resides on the 4th worse city in America, Oakland. Which earns that ranking yearly because of BLACK ON BLACK CRIME smh

Gotta uncle in law in the O. He's about 70 something and has the mind of a 30 y/o. Seems to be the only way he can cope and survive.

:mjcry:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:@ everyone saying we're afraid of mexicans, thats why we're leaving.

People are leaving because the cost of living is too damn high for what you get. For the same price as a shytty little apartment out here, you can get a nice big house out in the country. Even in supposedly 'shytty' areas like Compton, rent like 1100/month. I don't blame the 'reverse-migrators.' I know plenty of people who went to places like Texas, Atlanta, Louisiana, ect. They're doing well.

Folks on here talking crazy on here. When the reason they live in the Midwest, West coast and North East coast is because their families left the south because of lack of jobs and Jim Crow.

Black folks are just like everyone they will go where the opportunities are at and right now most the opportunities are in the south. Why live in fukking LA or Chicago or Detroit and struggle to make it. When you can live in Houston, Dallas, Charlotte and etc. and have a better life for yourself and or you family.

During the great migration most of the industrial and new jobs were being made up north and out west. Now most jobs are being created in the south. Plus the cheap cost of living. Who knows in 80 years the shyt might flip again.

Oh and like you said it ain't just black folks moving. I live in Dallas and have met a bunch of whites, Asians and latins who have moved down here from Cali and up north. Jokers sold their houses and ended up getting a house twice the size as the one they had, but cheap and the property taxes are cheaper too.