African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Literally not.
This is when conspiracy breaks away from reality and into the realm of crab jigabooery.

Sigma Pi Phi is very exclusive, and a portion of entrance into the organization, aside from it being all male, is academic credentialism alongside high-professional success.

Beyoncé is a woman, didn’t go college, never joined a sorority, never in the Links or girlfriends and Jay Z didn’t even go to college, let alone join a fraternity, with through community channels, sit alongside Jack and Jill, etc.

They’re just wealthy African-Americans, that’s all.

I don't think they are Boule in a strict sense of the word, but they have been integrated in some informal organization, at least.

You can't become that rich and powerful just being by yourself and making regular moves. Impossible! At some point, you'll be obliged to be "down".

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think they are Boule in a strict sense of the word, but they have been integrated in some informal organization, at least.

You can't become that rich and powerful just being by yourself and making regular moves. Impossible! At some point, you'll be obliged to be "down".
You certainly can become that wealthy just by regular moves, especially in a small subset of fields, one of which he falls in to.

That’s not the organization they’d have integrated into, there are plenty of other groups that wealthy people join to become more familiar.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
You certainly can become that wealthy just by regular moves, especially in a small subset of fields, one of which he falls in to.

That’s not the organization they’d have integrated into, there are plenty of other groups that wealthy people join to become more familiar.

Almost a billion ? Nope. Impossible. You don't become a billionaire by yourself. It does not happen, nowhere in the world.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Celebrating rich people JUST because they are rich is a very disturbing mentality and trend.

Being rich is not a virtue by itself.

Not the point of the thread.

The point is the recognition of perseverance, achievement, grit, academic and professional success in a society where all resources were implemented to keep people like them down, and yet they still prevailed.

They did not make excuses for themselves. Their mentality was not only “I can” but “I can do it better.”

The point of this thread is lessons and cautionary tales, breh.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think one can always find exceptions to the rule. For example, Jesse Owens was Boule, and in Chicago, you can find his descendants in every Link and J&J chapter. If I’m not mistaken, Walter Payton’s kids grew up in J&J. Herbie Hancock’s family was very close to mine, they’re all Jack and Jill. So it’s not always black and white.
I’m implying currently, as opposed to further back in the 20th century. Current athletes, rappers, and musicians.
And I think all three of them are college-educated, win Jesse Owens being an Alpha, still enough to stand out at the time, alongside being some of the most visible Black people of their day.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Not the point of the thread.

The point is the recognition of perseverance, achievement, grit, academic and professional success in a society where all resources were implemented to keep people like them down, and yet they still prevailed.

They did not make excuses for themselves. Their mentality was not only “I can” but “I can do it better.”

The point of this thread is lessons and cautionary tales, breh.

If that was the case, you would've not limited the thread to powerful families. There are a lot of african american who showed those qualities without being "powerful".

A man like Malcom X showed those qualities more than the heir of a powerful family, who just had the chance to be born there.

Anyway, I understand your point, even though I'm not convinced by the process. :salute:

Donald Trumps Twitter

Divine Infinite Commander King
Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
Ann%20Dibble%20Jordan.jpg

The first cousin to Valerie's mother, and graddaughter of Robert Robinson Taylor, is Ann Dibble Cook Jordan, who's own influence rivals that of Valerie herself. A graduate of Vassar and the University of Chicago, she became the Director of Social Services at the University of Chicago Medical School. She now serves as Trustee Emeritus for the University of Chicago and have sat on the following boards.

Revlon, Inc.
Johnson & Johnson
The University of Chicago
Citigroup Inc.
The Brookings Institution
Citigroup Finance Canada ULC
Allied Security Holdings LLC
Catalyst Inc.

Ann's first husband was Mercer Cook. He was the son of a prominent Washingtonian family. His great grandfather was John Hartwell Cook, a graduate of Oberlin College, and the first Dean of Howard Law School. His father, W. Mercer Cook, served as the Ambassador to Nigeria and Senegal.

Mercer Cook | The HistoryMakers

m-8280.jpg

Ann is currently married to Vernon Jordan, who was apparently a small fry until he married into her family. Vernon was a close friend to President Bill Clinton, where he served as top advisor under Clinton's administration. And is suppesdly the one that took care of the Monica Lewinsky situation.

Jordan was the Director of the National Urban League and previously had ties to top Wall Street law firms and investment banking firm (Lazard). He's been the only black man invited on multiple occasions to the Bildeberg Conference. He has the reputation of being one of the most powerful men in Washington.

Here's an article written on Ann Dibble's influence:
THE WOMAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN

Ann's Children are -

AB_TCB_GT.jpg

Antoinette Cook Bush - Graduate of Wellesly and Northwestern, worked for top Law Firm Skadden & Arps and is current Head of Global Affairs and Executive Vice President of Newscorp.

She's married to Dwight Bush. A former Managing Director of Chase Manhattan Bank and Ambassador to Morrocco appointed under President Obama.

Dwight-L.-Bush-And-his-Wife-2.jpg

Mercer Cook - Investment Banker and Managing Director of Fieldstone Private Capital Group

urlget

Janice Cook Roberts - Investment Banker and Director at KKR

Janice_Cook_Roberts_square.jpg

Valerie's uncle, and father to Ann Dibble Cook Jordan, is Dr. Eugene Dibble. Dr. Eugene Dibble graduated from Atlanta University and Howard Medical School.

4762393136_82a0a39086_z.jpg

Dr. Eugene Dibble is a very controversial figure because he was the black doctor that oversaw The Tuskegee Study of Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male otherwise known as the Tuskeegee Experiment.

More of his role in the Tuskeegee Experiment can be found here:
Eugene Dibble - Wikipedia

His son, Eugene Dibble III, brother of Ann Dibble Jordan, was a stockbroker and worked for investment bank Strauss, Blosser, and MacDowell. He's married to Jeannette Dibble, a Wellesly and Yale University graduate.

Their Children -

Chyla Dibble Evans, a graduate of Northestern's Kellog Business School, was a banker and married to Chicago Bear's Quarter Back Vince Evans.

1bebf0a.jpg

vince-evans.jpg

Andrew Dibble - Graudate of Amherst and CEO of Maryland based Real-Estate Investment Company.

Hillary Dibble Baltimore

Hillary%20and%20Tom%20Baltimore.%20Photo%20by%20Tony%20Powell.%20Sasha%20Bruce%2040th%20Anniversary%20Gala.%20Howard%20Theatre.%20April%2022%2C%202015-S.jpg

Thread is 70% cac :mjlol:

***** stepping It up

Donald Trumps Twitter

Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
Which is the point. You accept Jay Z's level of c00nery because you see yourself in him. You see people you know in him. He comes from your definition of "blackness". He comes from a neighborhood that maybe looks like yours or one that your family lives in.

You don't accept the others because they came from a place of privilege. And "privilege" is not something you associate with being black. So their dirt is worse than Jay Zs.

It's all the same thing.

They're all black, the privileged and the hood. The good and the bad.

So the people you see, and your definition of blackness is...

All these white people?

invalid

Banned
Daps
If that was the case, you would've not limited the thread to powerful families. There are a lot of african american who showed those qualities without being "powerful".

A man like Malcom X showed those qualities more than the heir of a powerful family, who just had the chance to be born there.

Anyway, I understand your point, even though I'm not convinced by the process. :salute:

I gave two examples and invited others to contribute. That has yet to happen. I invite you to hip us to who you perceive to meet these qualities.

And you’re pretty naive. Malcolm X’s wife was a member of the Links and his children members of Jack and Jill, just like many of the people that I highlighted in my post. Had he been alive, there is no doubt he would have been invited to join the Boule as was Martin Luther King. MLK was both an Alpha and member of the Boule and Corretta a member of the Links.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
I gave two examples and invited others to contribute. That has yet to happen. I invite you to hip us to who you perceive to meet these qualities.

And you’re pretty naive. Malcolm X’s wife was a member of the Links and his children members of Jack and Jill, just like many of the people that I highlighted in my post. Had he been alive, there is no doubt he would have been invited to join the Boule as was Martin Luther King. MLK was both an Alpha and member of the Boule and Corretta a member of the Links.

I'm talking about his personnal achievement. Malcom went to jail as a moral bankrupt low life guy and he worked on himself. He became highly disciplined and read a ton of books and became highly knowledgeable. That's something to admire : that's discipline and achievement.

Donald Trumps Twitter

Daps
Reppin
Space Force 1
I didn't make the rules breh...:hubie:
These folks went down and are going down in history books as being black.

First black MIT grad. First black professor to receive tenure. Black designer of Tuskeegee an HBCU.

Race is problematic. But I think if we want to start changing definitions we need to be thorough about it.

Howard, Hampton, Morehouse, Spelman, Fisk, Xavier are not Historically Black Colleges and Universities if your really want to go there. They were Historically Mulatto Colleges and Universities. Or Colleges and Universities for the "Buffer" class. Alpha and AKA are not Black Greek Letter Organizations. They were historically mulatto greek organizations. If we change the rules now, we got to go back and change a whole lot of shyt.

And now history wants to say Cleopatra was a white lady,

Rachel Dolezal was the first trans-racial black woman, if we letting history decided shyt now.

invalid

Banned
Daps
So the people you see, and your definition of blackness is...

All these white people?

Yeah. These were people that lived in my black neighborhood, that attended my black colleges, that went to my black church, and belong to my black tennis club and other black organizations and who helped the first black man become president.

I don’t even know why this is up for debate really. They self-identify as black. History books identify them as black. Their associations identify them as black.

As I mentioned before, if you don’t like the rules, change them and be thorough about it. Howard, Morehouse, Fisk etc was originally the domain for people like them. Alpha, Omegas, and Deltas was the domain for people like them. The NAACP, Urban League, and UNCF was the original domain for people like them. If they are not black, neither are any of these institutions. And yet, all blacks people recognize these things as being black. Make sure you’re thorough with your new definitions and not include any of these things as exemplifying or encompassing blackness.

Last edited: