EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jay and Bey are Boule trust me
Literally not.
This is when conspiracy breaks away from reality and into the realm of crab jigabooery.

Sigma Pi Phi is very exclusive, and a portion of entrance into the organization, aside from it being all male, is academic credentialism alongside high-professional success.

Beyoncé is a woman, didn’t go college, never joined a sorority, never in the Links or girlfriends and Jay Z didn’t even go to college, let alone join a fraternity, with through community channels, sit alongside Jack and Jill, etc.

They’re just wealthy African-Americans, that’s all.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No not at all, I doubt anyone would say obama or robert smith isn't black excellence and they're both highly educated. The point I'm making is that old money tends to create groups to restrict access to those who "don't fit" which can be for any number of arbitrary reasons. Success in itself is completely fine but when you go out of your way to isolate yourselves from the rest of the black community are you really black excellence?
Yeah, they are.
It’s Blaxk excellence in terms of career excellence and impact.
Not Black inclusive excellence to be honest.
Whats the the title of the book?
Our Kind of People.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Literally not.
This is when conspiracy breaks away from reality and into the realm of crab jigabooery.

Sigma Pi Phi is very exclusive, and a portion of the organization, aside from it being all male, is academic credentialism alongside high-professional success.

Beyoncé is a woman, didn’t go college, never joined a sorority, never in the Links or girlfriends and Jay Z didn’t even go to college, let alone join a fraternity, with through community channels, sit alongside Jack and Jill, etc.

Bey's people are high tone creoles and Matthew Knowles went to Fisk, I believe.... Which is where William Robert Jarrett and his brother Thomas Jarrett attended. They were probably classmates.

EXCLUSIVE: Mathew Knowles on How Internalized Colorism Led Him to Tina Knowles-Lawson

Last edited:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bey's people are high tone creoles and Matthew Knowles went to Fisk, I believe.... Which is where William Robert Jarrett and his brother Thomas Jarrett attended. They were probably classmates.
He did, and he’s the type of person that would be a prime candidate but he married a make-up artist and his daughter is a pop singer, not a chance in hell they would have inducted him, nor would any of the standard groups outside of his fraternity have let him in. :yeshrug:
I understand the credentialism in a way, musicians, rappers, and sports players are not the kind of useful people you want in your tight-knit, conservative, circle.

MarcMan

Superstar
Daps
Great thread OP. I enjoy seeing these in TLR. A needed break from the negativity.

Literally not.

Sigma Pi Phi is very exclusive, and a portion of entrance into the organization, aside from it being all male, is academic credentialism alongside high-professional success.

Exactly.

I admire y'all that have the patience to engage with the nonsense of some posters. If you give props to black people on this site, these ostensibly black posters run in to tell you that you shouldn't. Usually they come with half-baked nonsensical reasoning if they care to provide any at all. I appreciate y'all but it must be tiring.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Literally not.

I respectfully disagree fam. I think that group gave Lebron James entry. If Lebron can get in ( No college education, no fraternity, etc) I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that Jay z and Beyonce could get in.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I respectfully disagree fam. I think that group gave Lebron James entry. If Lebron can get in ( No college education, no fraternity, etc) I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that Jay z and Beyonce could get in.
Where do these theories come from?

Foxtrot

All Star
Daps
Advanced degrees do not equate to black excellence and do not necessarily qualify as achievements.

Question: if all these mega millionaires and billionaires are coming out of Chicago, supposedly so influential and so educated - the Jarretts, the Oprahs, the Obamas; then why in the fukkkk isn’t more being done to solve the social issues and resource distribution in Chicago??? Why is the homicide rate in Chicago so high? Why are millions of dollars being invested in police stations and prisons but next to nothing for schools, education and community development in Chicago???

But black excellence tho :gucci::comeon::martin:
:martin:

Real factual examples and influential measures of black success and influence.. hmmmm...where should I begin? Definitely not with white society's acceptable standards of "black achievement".
Well,.........begin then.

Lotsford

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
If you know anything about some women and men, it didn't take much force to decide it was better in the house than the fields :mjpls:.

The slaves who were viciously raped offspring usually weren't given those benefits.

I can be wrong, but these negroes look like they come from bedwenches who were in there reverse cowgirl riding zaddy. Bustin it wide open.

Women raped by white men during slavery were sex slaves. You can't have consensual sex with a slave.

Treatment of slaves in the United States - Wikipedia

Black women are not the blame.

Slavery in the United States encompassed wide-ranging rape and sexual abuse.[2] Many slaves fought back against sexual attacks, and some died resisting them; others were left with psychological and physical scars.[51]"Soul murder, the feeling of anger, depression and low self-esteem" is how historian Nell Irvin Painter describes the effects of this abuse, linking it to slavery. Slaves regularly suppressed anger before their masters to avoid showing weakness.

Harriet Jacobs said in her narrative that she believed her mistress was jealous of her master's sexual interest in her, the reason she did not try to protect her. Victims of abuse during slavery may have blamed themselves for the incidents, due to their isolation.

Rape laws in the south embodied a race-based double standard. Black men accused of rape during the colonial period were often punished with castration, and the penalty was increased to death during the antebellum period;[52] however, white men could rape female slaves without fear of punishment.[52]Men and boys were also sexually abused by slaveholders.[53] Thomas Foster says that although historians have begun to cover sexual abuse during slavery, few focus on sexual abuse of men and boys because of the assumption that only enslaved women were victimized. Foster suggests that men and boys may have also been forced into unwanted sexual activity; one problem in documenting such abuse is that they, of course, did not bear mixed-race children.[54]Both masters and mistresses were thought to have abused male slaves.[55]

Angela Davis contends that the systematic rape of female slaves is analogous to the medieval concept of droit du seigneur, believing that the rapes were a deliberate effort by slaveholders to extinguish resistance in women and reduce them to the status of animals.[56]

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
Literally not.

b.u.t both have lots of influence, and are prominent in their fields... seems like good candidates to me

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
Looking at both sides of the people who don't like what these folks represent, I think I respect one thing about Valerie's family.

They have made damn sure to respect classism and elitism in terms of inter-generational wealth. They clearly respect power and have educated their younger ones on it better than the vast majority.

I see what coildve been in my own family if ambition was emphasized. There's been decisions and whims made in my own family where life changing opportunities have lost to random d*** , religious ignorance, humbleness, lack of ambition, screwed-up siblings, and babies. I know my father's family had the "look" but chose black out of love, yet throwing oppurtunities was a great pass for them. My moms family on the other hand is black until recently but had a bunch of land they could have leveraged for power, but ended up slowly bleeding away.

In the end they've both got redeeming qualities, but damn...When I ask about our history it's so annoying listening to the potential this or that family member sacrificed for instant gratification. So, when I see this thread I can salute the sheer grit and will it took to claw and maintain what they have.

King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania
he not american, but this dude the richest black man with a network of about USD14 billion :blessed:

Bill-gates.png

invalid

Banned
Daps
I understand the credentialism in a way, musicians, rappers, and sports players are not the kind of useful people you want in your tight-knit, conservative, circle.

I think one can always find exceptions to the rule. For example, Jesse Owens was Boule, and in Chicago, you can find his descendants in every Link and J&J chapter. If I’m not mistaken, Walter Payton’s kids grew up in J&J. Herbie Hancock’s family was very close to mine, they’re all Jack and Jill. So it’s not always black and white.