American Sniper is decent.....

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I won't spent a dime or second on that shyt bro. Pure blatant propaganda.

Zero Dark Thirty, American Sniper, Lone Survivor. Don't bother with it.

I always tell people, you want to see some real shyt that holds no punches, try Generation Kill from HBO. Might be the closest thing to real life.

Generation Kill is really, really good. Question, because you're one of my favorite posters on The Coli. Do you think there awesome people that are quick to call every war movie a propaganda piece? Because I see that a lot. I can see how American Sniper is for sure, and also Lone Survivor. The one line in Lone Survivor that really got me was "You can die for your country, but I'm gonna live for mine" right as a bloody and shot to shyt Ben Foster blasts a Taliban right between the eyes with his rifle. (Although Ben Foster was without a doubt the best part of Lone Survivor IMO) That line struck me as the kind of shyt that gets kids pumped up to go sign up to die in the dirt of another country for rich white men over here.

I thought Zero Dark Thirty wasn't too bad. It seemed very procedural. The one propaganda type argument I heard from that movie was that it insinuated that torture was a big reason how we got Osama Bin Laden. But overall I guess I'm just asking besides Generation Kill or documentaries like Restrepo, are there any recent movies that you feel have done a good job not being overly "America, fukk yeah" ?

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Generation Kill is really, really good. Question, because you're one of my favorite posters on The Coli. Do you think there awesome people that are quick to call every war movie a propaganda piece? Because I see that a lot. I can see how American Sniper is for sure, and also Lone Survivor. The one line in Lone Survivor that really got me was "You can die for your country, but I'm gonna live for mine" right as a bloody and shot to shyt Ben Foster blasts a Taliban right between the eyes with his rifle. (Although Ben Foster was without a doubt the best part of Lone Survivor IMO) That line struck me as the kind of shyt that gets kids pumped up to go sign up to die in the dirt of another country for rich white men over here.

I thought Zero Dark Thirty wasn't too bad. It seemed very procedural. The one propaganda type argument I heard from that movie was that it insinuated that torture was a big reason how we got Osama Bin Laden. But overall I guess I'm just asking besides Generation Kill or documentaries like Restrepo, are there any recent movies that you feel have done a good job not being overly "America, fukk yeah" ?

The "America, fukk yeah" doesn't really bother me as much as deliberately putting false information as fact. Lone Survivor was a fukking disaster of an operation. People died because of dumb ass decisions from a military standpoint. There was also a falsification about the numbers of enemies. Also the scene when the taliban show up to the village was entirely fabricated. That's propaganda.

Zero Dark Thirty was a brilliant film. As a stand alone film, it was really well done and shot. But it's propaganda. It purposely pushed a narrative that is untrue, and even contradicted by the Senate report on torture.

Argo is another one. They basically said fukk the Canadians. It was a Canadian operation. At least that movie started with telling the viewers America deposed of their democratically elected leader over oil.

I think the Vietnam movies for the most part don't fukking hide shyt or hold punches. Born on the Fourth of July, Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, Casualties of War.

Band of Brothers, The Pacific are both great too.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The "America, fukk yeah" doesn't really bother me as much as deliberately putting false information as fact. Lone Survivor was a fukking disaster of an operation. People died because of dumb ass decisions from a military standpoint. There was also a falsification about the numbers of enemies. Also the scene when the taliban show up to the village was entirely fabricated. That's propaganda.

Zero Dark Thirty was a brilliant film. As a stand alone film, it was really well done and shot. But it's propaganda. It purposely pushed a narrative that is untrue, and even contradicted by the Senate report on torture.

Argo is another one. They basically said fukk the Canadians. It was a Canadian operation. At least that movie started with telling the viewers America deposed of their democratically elected leader over oil.

I think the Vietnam movies for the most part don't fukking hide shyt or hold punches. Born on the Fourth of July, Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, Casualties of War.

Band of Brothers, The Pacific are both great too.

Thanks. Yeah with Lone Survivor wasn't the actual enemy count like a dozen or something like that? I also knew that there wasn't n attack from the Taliban on the village. So what do you think it is? Do they take the "based on a true story" and stretch it really far? In American Sniper I noticed some blatant contradictions with the book. A couple things that directly involved Chris Kyle as a person, actually. The bit about the Koran was very different in the book.

Platoon is in my top 10 movies ever btw. I saw it was too young though. There's a line in there from Keith David (King) where he gets out early right before the final battle and he says "cocksucker! oh wow!" I was in 3rd or 4th grade and said that exact line when I got a grade back on a test and my teacher's face was like
:merchant::ufdup:
I had no idea what cocksucker meant but I figured out I shouldn't be saying to teachers at school

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
I saw the first trailer a few months ago that had the tag line "the most deadly sniper in Amercan history" and I thought :camby:

Then I saw the second trailer a few days ago which showcases Cooper a bit more and I was thinking :ehh: might have to check this out for the performance

Then I read this thread :russ:. I'm not paying go to see this bullshyt :pachaha:

I knew Jesse Ventura won his lawsuit but I had no idea Kyle was making up all that other shyt.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I saw the first trailer a few months ago that had the tag line "the most deadly sniper in Amercan history" and I thought :camby:

Then I saw the second trailer a few days ago which showcases Cooper a bit more and I was thinking :ehh: might have to check this out for the performance

Then I read this thread :russ:. I'm not paying go to see this bullshyt :pachaha:

I knew Jesse Ventura won his lawsuit but I had no idea Kyle was making up all that other shyt.

Apparently he is though. he claimed somewhere over 250, but only 160 got confirmed, which still makes it enough to be #1 in American history. Which is still insane. I can't imagine what it must feel like to have killed that many people.

At the end of his military career Kyle held 160 confirmed kills by the U.S. government and claimed to have killed 255 insurgents in total during his four tours of duty in Iraq. Confirmed or otherwise, this statistic still makes him the most lethal sharpshooter in U.S. history. He was so lethal in fact that the enemy nicknamed him the “Devil of Ramadi” and like Hathcock, placed a bounty on his head.Apart from killing the enemy, Kyle was involved in multiple IED attacks, and was shot twice himself. For his service to the United States he was awarded two Silver Stars and 5 Bronze Stars as well as numerous other combat decorations. Sadly, in the end it wasn’t four tours of duty in Iraq that killed Chris Kyle, but an incident on a shooting range not far from his home in Texas when a former Marine with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder shot and killed Kyle and another man; a tragic end to a prolific career, and a senseless act so far away from the battlefield.

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
Apparently he is though. he claimed somewhere over 250, but only 160 got confirmed, which still makes it enough to be #1 in American history. Which is still insane. I can't imagine what it must feel like to have killed that many people.

At the end of his military career Kyle held 160 confirmed kills by the U.S. government and claimed to have killed 255 insurgents in total during his four tours of duty in Iraq. Confirmed or otherwise, this statistic still makes him the most lethal sharpshooter in U.S. history. He was so lethal in fact that the enemy nicknamed him the “Devil of Ramadi” and like Hathcock, placed a bounty on his head.Apart from killing the enemy, Kyle was involved in multiple IED attacks, and was shot twice himself. For his service to the United States he was awarded two Silver Stars and 5 Bronze Stars as well as numerous other combat decorations. Sadly, in the end it wasn’t four tours of duty in Iraq that killed Chris Kyle, but an incident on a shooting range not far from his home in Texas when a former Marine with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder shot and killed Kyle and another man; a tragic end to a prolific career, and a senseless act so far away from the battlefield.

I meant :camby:because I don't care to watch a movie about a "hero" solider who killed the most brown people. Certain groups of people are eating that shyt up too.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Man this dude was getting his Marlo on, killing nikkas just to kill them. Scust.

Oh yeah back to the movie, ol'boy calls his girl just when they are entering enemy territory/the war zone (:comeon:). If that happened in the book, then it is definite :duck:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Man this dude was getting his Marlo on, killing nikkas just to kill them. Scust.

Oh yeah back to the movie, ol'boy calls his girl just when they are entering enemy territory/the war zone (:comeon:). If that happened in the book, then it is definite :duck:
I don't remember it happening in the book. There definitely wasn't some situation where there was a firefight that she could hear over the hpone or anything crazy like that.

I meant :camby:because I don't care to watch a movie about a "hero" solider who killed the most brown people. Certain groups of people are eating that shyt up too.

I get it. I remember when I first heard about him and saw him on the "press/media circuit."

It's sort of surreal. I think the first time I saw him was on Conan. There's something about a sniper's job that's just insane to think about. Your job is to explode people's head or heart from up to a mile or more away just by flexing your finger muscles.

So here's this guy that's literally famous for blowing away the most people out of any other sniper from this country, and he's wearing a damn Punisher skull shirt or hat, I can't remember. And the it just seemed a little bit creepy. I didn't know if they put him out there to recruit people, or what, but he looked uncomfortable, so did Conan at times, and the whole thing was just weird to watch.Conon interviewing some guy that's blown away hundreds of people from a safe distance.

I know that having snipers is necessary in modern warfare, but there is something about it that seems more...like murder, than someone that's on the ground getting shot at. I mean that as no disrespect to anyone on this forum that's military or even a sniper.

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
I was wondering how they were going to spin it. They trynna get more ppl to enlist imo. I liked the movie but i also know shyt wasnt as they made it seem. The funeral made me cry tho. I usually dont side with ventura but this time i do

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
This movie was a lot like Zero Dark Thirty, another propaganda piece critics fawned over despite clunky dialogue and endless cliches.