American Sniper is decent.....

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Eastwood has made some damn good movies as a director but he fell off a while ago. shyt like Mystic River was really overrated. Good acting but the amount of praise it received for a pretty straightforward by-the-numbers film was insane.

I didn't see Million Dollar Baby so I won't comment. Invictus was meh. J. Edgar was very disappointing. You know it sucks when even Leo can't carry it past watchable. It's actually the worst film Leo has been in quite some time. It sticks out like a sore thumb on his recent resume.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Chris Kyle came across as a sociopath, liar, racist, and egotistical maniac. If he had been born in Saudi Arabia or Yemen, there is a high chance he might have been flying planes into buildings.

I wouldn't give a cent to this piece of shyt movie or his book.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Chris Kyle came across as a sociopath, liar, racist, and egotistical maniac. If he had been born in Saudi Arabia or Yemen, there is a high chance he might have been flying planes into buildings.

I wouldn't give a cent to this piece of shyt movie or his book.
:animatedbanderas:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Eastwood has made some damn good movies as a director but he fell off a while ago. shyt like Mystic River was really overrated. Good acting but the amount of praise it received for a pretty straightforward by-the-numbers film was insane.

I didn't see Million Dollar Baby so I won't comment. Invictus was meh. J. Edgar was very disappointing. You know it sucks when even Leo can't carry it past watchable. It's actually the worst film Leo has been in quite some time. It sticks out like a sore thumb on his recent resume.
Yea J.Edgar was terrible. Eastwood fell off a long time ago and Million Dollar Baby is only great because of the actors/actresses; the movie itself was not that good imo

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scust: Scust fukk this guy, I wouldn't be surprised if they hate us more now. Wtf? It disgusts me that people in the South will eat this movie up. I watched it twice, the second time expecting some type of awareness, but then I realized it is just a shytty script.
I still think Cooper did a good job, fukk Eastwood man, I haven't seen the other war movies he made (Iwo Jima), and I don't think I want to see them.

Flags of Our Fathers sucked but Letters From Iwo Jima was a very, very good movie

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
You see the movie? Thoughts on it?

I won't spent a dime or second on that shyt bro. Pure blatant propaganda.

Zero Dark Thirty, American Sniper, Lone Survivor. Don't bother with it.

I always tell people, you want to see some real shyt that holds no punches, try Generation Kill from HBO. Might be the closest thing to real life.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I won't spent a dime or second on that shyt bro. Pure blatant propaganda.

Zero Dark Thirty, American Sniper, Lone Survivor. Don't bother with it.

I always tell people, you want to see some real shyt that holds no punches, try Generation Kill from HBO. Might be the closest thing to real life.

:ehh: I love Generation Kill. Awesome show.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
To be fair Lone Survivor and Zero Dark Thirty were a lot better than this. I'm not saying there weren't some pro-America elements and all that but just the way they were shot was so much better. They were actual films with some skill and sense or realism backing them.

This American Sniper shyt was damn near b-movie directing. :scust:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
'Zero Dark 30' I thought was pretty balanced in it's portrayal of war, and the opposing sides….what differences if any, matter….Same with 'Kingdom'. As they ransacked an Iraqi home in 'American Sniper', I just felt a revulsion for the US unforgivable decision to fight in Iraq, which wasn't the movies purpose at all….but that was one take away I had, from a flat, dull, formulaic, by the numbers movie. It is an injustice how high this movie sits on RT right now, that shyt is trash. Had all the depth and nuances of Owen Wilson's 'Behind Enemy Lines'.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
'Zero Dark 30' I thought was pretty balanced in it's portrayal of war, and the opposing sides….what differences if any, matter….Same with 'Kingdom'. As they ransacked an Iraqi home in 'American Sniper', I just felt a revulsion for the US unforgivable decision to fight in Iraq, which wasn't the movies purpose at all….but that was one take away I had, from a flat, dull, formulaic, by the numbers movie. It is an injustice how high this movie sits on RT right now, that shyt is trash. Had all the depth and nuances of Owen Wilson's 'Behind Enemy Lines'.

:skip: I was like 7 when behind enemy lines came out but I loved it

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I dunno what it is, but Blackhat looks like it's gonna be really, really bad :scusthov:

The one thing I can guarantee about Blackhat is that since it's Michael Mann you know there will be at least one shootout that is
:banderas:

Mann does some fukking amazing gunfights on screen. Even the dudes that trained Tom Cruise for Collateral said that they'd feel good knowing he had their back if they had to get in a shootout and Tom Cruise was beside them and armed.

But yeah, as far as American Sniper, I just finished it. Not sure what to think. There was a lot of good stuff in there. But the execution was definitely far from flawless. I thought the best parts of the film were obviously Cooper's performance, as well as the obvious but also understated PTSD symptoms that slowly got worse in between deployments.

Ultimately it felt rushed. He had 4 tours, and his last 2 both seemed like one scene/battle and then he was back home. 2 news stories are shown to jump the story along in huge fashion, which may or may not have been true, but felt rushed. He and his wife met at the bar, were married, and then before I knew it they had several kids. The movie just didn't slow down enough to explain some more of this. I read the book, so luckily I wasn't too confused, but honestly this movie needed either another 30 mins to flesh out what they had....IF they wanted to pack into it everything that they were going for. OR, I think they should have trimmed some ideas or cut down on a few sub-plots.

The action scenes were good. Nothing ground breaking. I'd say that Black Hawk Down and Lone Survivor probably had better action sequences, but the action here also wasn't bad at all. I'm impressed that Clint Eastwood at his age (mid 80's right?) was actually able to do the action as well as he did. The quiet sniping scenes were done well, IMO.

But yeah. Cooper was the best part of the movie. I'm sure that FOX and MSNBC are both all over this movie, but for different reasons. I didn't see it as much of a pro war or anti war movie. I thought it did a good job of expressing points for both sides, but mainly avoiding the "big picture" of the Middle East conflict all together, and making it about Chris Kyle. Which was nice.

I give it a 3.5 out of 5. If you're a die hard war movie buff, then it might as well be a 4/5. It had the potential to be a lot more, maybe with a different director or writer.