American Sniper is decent.....

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
I was talking about this with my friends last night (I haven't seen the movie)

i told them about this crazy ass finnish sniper nicknamed the white death who OWNED the russians in the winter war. This motherfukker would put SNOW IN HIS MOUTH so that his breath didn't show when he breathed to avoid being spotted by enemy snipers. He averaged like 10 kills a fukking DAY in -20+ degree weather :mindblown:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä
used fukking iron sights

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Movie is trash or more or less…I will say Bradley Cooper gave a mostly impressive performance, but the direction is weak and uninspired and the writing ranged from mediocre to painfully cliche…..Employs all the well worn tropes of the genre, personalizing a minor character minutes or seconds before they are killed. None of what was a potentially fascinating story was done with any deviation from standard Hollywood fare. His marriage was typical and the scenes barely resonate with the audience, his BUDS training is almost an afterthought besides a glaringly odd racial moment which what was insulting and bizarre….the movie then segues into a repetitive and eventually grating routine of action scenes that are rarely tense, mostly either generic or over the top in their execution….Cooper utters throwaway lines like 'Theres only one sniper that could make that shot', men discuss wives and gods in badly underwritten glimpses of character development. The scenes back home are overcooked and lost on an audience that isn't connecting with the character, because they aren't given the chance too. After 3 tours, I was finished. Eastwood may be finished as a director, I don't know what an 84 year old can really contribute, but many of his touches are lost or badly blurred, as the direction is that caliber of a C list war movies of yesteryear. This is now a new example. Chris Kyles life may have been a compelling story….this isn't one. And it has little to say about violence, war, revenge, relationships, religion, or much of anything…..Eastwoods stance veers towards a strange pro war sentiment, and is very one sided in it's chronicling of Iraq. Both 'The Kingdom' and 'Zero Dark Thirty' are vastly more compelling and opinionated movies….This was not something I was anticipating with any real fervor, so was not let down…but, after 'Inherent Vice', and now this….I am in need of a palette cleanse, I hope I don't strike all the way out with 'Blackhat' next week.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
can anyone tell me why chris kyle was a bad person? i dont know anything about him and wiki wasnt much help

He killed 200+ people, it's statistically impossible for him to have shot nothing but "bad guys" at bare minimum a few of the people he killed were wrong place, wrong time and considering he said this -
“I couldn’t give a flying fukk about the Iraqis.”

“I hate the damn savages"

Stole from peoples homes in Fallujah -
To me, the home I was in was just another part of the battlefield. The apartments and everything in them were just things to be used to accomplish our goal—clearing the city.” He even put a baby crib “to good use” as a rifle platform. Then he started “rummaging through the complex to see if I could find any cool shyt—money, guns, explosives. The only thing I found worth acquisitioning was a handheld Tiger Woods game.”

"Our ROEs [Rules of Engagement] when the [Iraq War] kicked off were pretty simple: If you see anyone from about sixteen to sixty-five and they’re male, shoot ‘em. Kill every male you see. That wasn’t the official language, but that was the idea."

America was invading a country, only a fukked up country like ours could turn an illegal invader that shot men, women and children into a hero, I mean Columbus day is a national holiday so it's not shocking really. Dude was a piece of shyt that killed 200+ people and took pleasure in doing it.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie is trash or more or less…I will say Bradley Cooper gave a mostly impressive performance, but the direction is weak and uninspired and the writing ranged from mediocre to painfully cliche…..Employs all the well worn tropes of the genre, personalizing a minor character minutes or seconds before they are killed. None of what was a potentially fascinating story was done with any deviation from standard Hollywood fare. His marriage was typical and the scenes barely resonate with the audience, his BUDS training is almost an afterthought besides a glaringly odd racial moment which what was insulting and bizarre….the movie then segues into a repetitive and eventually grating routine of action scenes that are rarely tense, mostly either generic or over the top in their execution….Cooper utters throwaway lines like 'Theres only one sniper that could make that shot', men discuss wives and gods in badly underwritten glimpses of character development. The scenes back home are overcooked and lost on an audience that isn't connecting with the character, because they aren't given the chance too. After 3 tours, I was finished. Eastwood may be finished as a director, I don't know what an 84 year old can really contribute, but many of his touches are lost or badly blurred, as the direction is that caliber of a C list war movies of yesteryear. This is now a new example. Chris Kyles life may have been a compelling story….this isn't one. And it has little to say about violence, war, revenge, relationships, religion, or much of anything…..Eastwoods stance veers towards a strange pro war sentiment, and is very one sided in it's chronicling of Iraq. Both 'The Kingdom' and 'Zero Dark Thirty' are vastly more compelling and opinionated movies….This was not something I was anticipating with any real fervor, so was not let down…but, after 'Inherent Vice', and now this….I am in need of a palette cleanse, I hope I don't strike all the way out with 'Blackhat' next week.

:mjlol: at how bad these were tho

"So am I gonna be your best man" *gets ambushed seconds later*

"It's a boy!" *gets ambushed seconds later*

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I dunno what it is, but Blackhat looks like it's gonna be really, really bad :scusthov:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
2.5/5. This is legit one of the most disappointing movies I've ever seen. It's absolute garbage the more i think about it.

It's sitting at 75% on RT. This is one of those times where I look at critics and ask myself what the fukk did they watch because it couldn't have been the same shyt I saw. But to be honest, it's not difficult to see why they like it. It's mostly propaganda, they are on Clint's dikk to begin with and for as bad as it was, Cooper gave a good performance.

I've been telling people to skip this. :ld:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's sitting at 75% on RT. This is one of those times where I look at critics and ask myself what the fukk did they watch because it couldn't have been the same shyt I saw. But to be honest, it's not difficult to see why they like it. It's mostly propaganda, they are on Clint's dikk to begin with and for as bad as it was, Cooper gave a good performance.

I've been telling people to skip this. :ld:

This is one of those movies where you'll be called a commie liberal if you don't say it was picture of the year. There were just so many cringey parts of the movie. "We're defending more than just this sand, we're fighting evil" or whatever weirdo motif/theme they were trying to repeat over and over just didn't stick. It could've been a really cerebral movie that didn't politicize itself and was more of a character story than a plot-based shytty action movie, but we essentially got a modernized version of that movie the Germans were watching in Inglorious Basterds

Daps
Reppin
I was talking about this with my friends last night (I haven't seen the movie)

i told them about this crazy ass finnish sniper nicknamed the white death who OWNED the russians in the winter war. This motherfukker would put SNOW IN HIS MOUTH so that his breath didn't show when he breathed to avoid being spotted by enemy snipers. He averaged like 10 kills a fukking DAY in -20+ degree weather :mindblown:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä
MGS_Boss_The_End.jpg

Bomberman

Like a C4.
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Apparently if you've read the book the guy wrote, dude lost his mind somewhat and had no remorse taking lives.

Dude even bragged he killed people (looters?) during Hurricane Katrina.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
He killed 200+ people, it's statistically impossible for him to have shot nothing but "bad guys" at bare minimum a few of the people he killed were wrong place, wrong time and considering he said this -

Stole from peoples homes in Fallujah -

America was invading a country, only a fukked up country like ours could turn an illegal invader that shot men, women and children into a hero, I mean Columbus day is a national holiday so it's not shocking really. Dude was a piece of shyt that killed 200+ people and took pleasure in doing it.

:scust: Scust fukk this guy, I wouldn't be surprised if they hate us more now. Wtf? It disgusts me that people in the South will eat this movie up. I watched it twice, the second time expecting some type of awareness, but then I realized it is just a shytty script.
I still think Cooper did a good job, fukk Eastwood man, I haven't seen the other war movies he made (Iwo Jima), and I don't think I want to see them.