American Sniper is decent.....

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Movie was average IMO, and reading up on this dude afterwards didn't help matters either. Never realized he was the same dude to claim to post up on the Superdome roof and kill 30 looters during the Katrina fiasco. War brought the worse out of this dude.

:camby:

too bad he was a liar though...Jesse Ventura was just granted 2 mil from Kyle's estate because Kyle lied on Fox news and inhis book that he knocked out Jessie Ventura in a bar...

Scust. :scust: fukk this guy then.:pacspit: I remember hearing about this guy's death in the news, but I guess I forgot or some shyt. Getting mentally :flabbynsick:

I don't know about Katrina sniper shooting, but ol'boy was working with Blackwater, and you know they were up to demonic activity. That story might be true. Ol'boy got into fist fights and shyt when he was home.

Now on to the movie, I liked it :manny:. I thought it would be some American war propaganda movie, it partly was, but there was some humanity as well. Bradley Cooper really sold his part, if he wins an Oscar for this I wouldn't be mad. Breh looks exactly like ol'boy.

I actually found the Iraqi sniper more interesting, that nikka was in the Olympics? and he won gold?:wtf: or is that:duck:. Lol at the black guy talking about new black. Sometimes the movie reminded me of Black Hawk Down.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Kyle was a beast in the field ain't no one doubting that, but dude made up a bunch of unbelievable and flat out ridiculous stories when he came back to America. aside from the Jesse Ventura knockout story (which Jesse won a defamation case against), here are a couple other examples

"Chris told many people, and some reporters, that just after his return from Iraq in 2009, he was carjacked by two men at a gas station on a remote Texas highway. Chris asked the men if he could reach into his truck to get his keys, and as he did he pulled a pistol from his waistband and shot both men in the chest from under his armpit. The two men were killed instantly. Chris called the police and waited for them while leaning against his truck. The police came, Chris handed them a phone number to call at the Pentagon. The cops called the number, and the people at the Pentagon told the cops that Chris Kyle was a war hero and a Navy SEAL. The police also went inside and watched the gas station surveillance video of the incident. The cops then let Chris go on his way. Chris claimed he got emails from cops all across the country after the incident thanking him for “keeping the streets clean”. Great story. Except none of it is true. Not a word. There were no carjackers, no dead bodies, no cops, none of it. He made the whole thing up. His big mistake was then telling the story to his SEAL friend, Marcus Lutrell, author of Lone Survivor, and Marcus put the story in his second book, Service: A Navy SEAL at Work. Now it wasn’t just a tall-tale, it was in the public record, and it is demonstrably a lie. The New Yorker magazine and other journalists have investigated the story. They all come to the same conclusion. There were no carjackers. There were no dead bodies. There were no cops. None of it happened. No police departments know anything about it, no coroner ever saw the bodies, no gas station had any surveillance video or ever heard of such a thing and no cops ever responded to the scene and called the Pentagon."

"The second story that was told by Chris Kyle was that he and another SEAL were sent by the government to New Orleans in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. Once they got to New Orleans, Chris and another sniper went to the roof of the Superdome, and started shooting looters in the city. Chris Kyle said this to many people, he also said this on tape. Chris claims to have killed thirty looters all on his own. Helluva story. Only problem is…there’s not a speck of truth in it. Once again this is a total fabrication, or to put it less delicately, a complete, bold faced lie. Chris Kyle never went to New Orleans after Katrina. He never shot ‘looters’. Just like with the carjackers, there are no bodies and no documentary or corroborating evidence it occurred. None. Chris Kyle lied. Again."

http://www.billdoskoch.ca/2015/01/04/the-lying-ways-of-chris-kyle/

:mjlol: killed two guys in a Jason Statham style movie scene at a gas station

:mjlol: the ridiculous Superdome story

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Kyle was a beast in the field ain't no one doubting that, but dude made up a bunch of unbelievable and flat out ridiculous stories when he came back to America. aside from the Jesse Ventura knockout story (which Jesse won a defamation case against), here are a couple other examples

"Chris told many people, and some reporters, that just after his return from Iraq in 2009, he was carjacked by two men at a gas station on a remote Texas highway. Chris asked the men if he could reach into his truck to get his keys, and as he did he pulled a pistol from his waistband and shot both men in the chest from under his armpit. The two men were killed instantly. Chris called the police and waited for them while leaning against his truck. The police came, Chris handed them a phone number to call at the Pentagon. The cops called the number, and the people at the Pentagon told the cops that Chris Kyle was a war hero and a Navy SEAL. The police also went inside and watched the gas station surveillance video of the incident. The cops then let Chris go on his way. Chris claimed he got emails from cops all across the country after the incident thanking him for “keeping the streets clean”. Great story. Except none of it is true. Not a word. There were no carjackers, no dead bodies, no cops, none of it. He made the whole thing up. His big mistake was then telling the story to his SEAL friend, Marcus Lutrell, author of Lone Survivor, and Marcus put the story in his second book, Service: A Navy SEAL at Work. Now it wasn’t just a tall-tale, it was in the public record, and it is demonstrably a lie. The New Yorker magazine and other journalists have investigated the story. They all come to the same conclusion. There were no carjackers. There were no dead bodies. There were no cops. None of it happened. No police departments know anything about it, no coroner ever saw the bodies, no gas station had any surveillance video or ever heard of such a thing and no cops ever responded to the scene and called the Pentagon."

"The second story that was told by Chris Kyle was that he and another SEAL were sent by the government to New Orleans in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. Once they got to New Orleans, Chris and another sniper went to the roof of the Superdome, and started shooting looters in the city. Chris Kyle said this to many people, he also said this on tape. Chris claims to have killed thirty looters all on his own. Helluva story. Only problem is…there’s not a speck of truth in it. Once again this is a total fabrication, or to put it less delicately, a complete, bold faced lie. Chris Kyle never went to New Orleans after Katrina. He never shot ‘looters’. Just like with the carjackers, there are no bodies and no documentary or corroborating evidence it occurred. None. Chris Kyle lied. Again."

http://www.billdoskoch.ca/2015/01/04/the-lying-ways-of-chris-kyle/

:mjlol: killed two guys in a Jason Statham style movie scene at a gas station

:mjlol: the ridiculous Superdome story

Oh shyt...I remember that story about some dude lieing about getting car jacked

man fukk this dude

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Movie was average IMO, and reading up on this dude afterwards didn't help matters either. Never realized he was the same dude to claim to post up on the Superdome roof and kill 30 looters during the Katrina fiasco. War brought the worse out of this dude.

:camby:

it's just another pro-war american mediocre film that celebrates a murderer and a guy who thinks he's a hero and a country that worships itself as the savior and hero of the world.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This dude was something else. All that "I'm doing this for you. I'm protecting all of us" shyt. This dude just couldn't live a normal life and stay out of the shyt for more than two seconds. I respect him as a sniper and he probably did kill a lot of bad people but ugh.. I can't say I'm a fan of his or the film. This wasn't really directed well, cinematography was pretty average..

Only thing worth an Oscar nom is MAYBE Bradley Cooper. He was very good but I don't think he should win it.

It's a shame. The most compelling parts of the movie were the stateside scenes, but the bulk of the movie focused on shytty, B-movie level action scenes. The action scenes were so fukking grating and cliched—not interesting at all, and like you said the cinematography and direction really detracted from it. Could've been an incredible film but it was executed really poorly. I usually hate Cooper, but he was pretty solid n/h here acting-wise.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Scust. :scust: fukk this guy then.:pacspit: I remember hearing about this guy's death in the news, but I guess I forgot or some shyt. Getting mentally :flabbynsick:

I don't know about Katrina sniper shooting, but ol'boy was working with Blackwater, and you know they were up to demonic activity. That story might be true. Ol'boy got into fist fights and shyt when he was home.

Now on to the movie, I liked it :manny:. I thought it would be some American war propaganda movie, it partly was, but there was some humanity as well. Bradley Cooper really sold his part, if he wins an Oscar for this I wouldn't be mad. Breh looks exactly like ol'boy.

I actually found the Iraqi sniper more interesting, that nikka was in the Olympics? and he won gold?:wtf: or is that:duck:. Lol at the black guy talking about new black. Sometimes the movie reminded me of Black Hawk Down.

I think the Iraqi sniper storyline was a Hollywood add-in. That shyt was so stupid and unbearable to watch. "Mustafa" was probably inspired by "Juba" an infamous and semi-mythical Iraqi sniper that maimed and killed a lot of coalition soldiers. He'd film his shots and they were used as pro-jihadi propaganda. Some people actually think an individual "Juba" didn't even exist, but it was really a bunch of separate Jihadist marksmen and they just strung all of their sniper footage together.

Also keep in mind Kyle ended up running a PMC firm known as Craft International. They had a sketchy history and were rumored to have something to do with the Boston Marathon bombings.

This guy was a sketchy, sketchy dude involved in some dirty shyt. I wouldn't call him a war criminal, but I wouldn't deify him as some sort of American hero either. He was just a man with a very difficult job who was coldly efficient at doing it.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I think the Iraqi sniper storyline was a Hollywood add-in. That shyt was so stupid and unbearable to watch. "Mustafa" was probably inspired by "Juba" an infamous and semi-mythical Iraqi sniper that maimed and killed a lot of coalition soldiers. He'd film his shots and they were used as pro-jihadi propaganda. Some people actually think an individual "Juba" didn't even exist, but it was really a bunch of separate Jihadist marksmen and they just strung all of their sniper footage together.

Also keep in mind Kyle ended up running a PMC firm known as Craft International. They had a sketchy history and were rumored to have something to do with the Boston Marathon bombings.

This guy was a sketchy, sketchy dude involved in some dirty shyt. I wouldn't call him a war criminal, but I wouldn't deify him as some sort of American hero either. He was just a man with a very difficult job who was coldly efficient at doing it.

For sure, I read some where he was part of Blackwater, I will try to find the source later. He probably did some demonic shyt in his lifetime.
I watched the movie again, just to critique it and see it with fresh eyes, while the moments of tense are good, the other shyt was straight propaganda. I wish there was some one to challenge him on his beliefs, he probably thought he was doing God's work or some shyt. That whole shyt with his family really could have skipped, but I can understand why they put that in there.
Weird as fukk how he died though, the fukk was thinking taking a breh with PTSD to a shooting range.

This movie really didn't have much depth, imo, it had potential to be way better.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
My boy who is not a movie fan like me, but watches a lot or enough….He wanted to see 'American Sniper', and I told him on Friday it's online streaming, he has it at his house last night, we don't watch it…he calls me right now like 'So I got 30 minutes into 'American Sniper', and I'm like wtf is this…No Bradley Cooper, garbage acting….and I see it's not 'American Sniper' it's 'Sniper: Legacy' with Tom Berenger' :dead: I was dying….