American Gods: Starz got another one...

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I found the book to be boring as shyt (considering the subject) but i will give the series a try.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
First ep was dope. I like some others didn't read the book so I know I'm going to be lost:mjlol:

I never read the book either but the plot itself is pretty simple. The old school gods (Odin, etc.) are beefing with the new school gods (media, the internet, etc.)

The white kid in the limo is a new god, he represents technology. This is just a guess but I'm thinking the black guy that did the intro is Thoth, the Egyptian god of knowledge and writing.

Fred.

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
I never read the book either but the plot itself is pretty simple. The old school gods (Odin, etc.) are beefing with the new school gods (media, the internet, etc.)

The white kid in the limo is a new god, he represents technology. This is just a guess but I'm thinking the black guy that did the intro is Thoth, the Egyptian god of knowledge and writing.

Fred.
:ohhh:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
For those that didn't read the book, the plot is fairly simple. Like @hex just stated, and the intro, it's basically prepping for the war between the Older Gods and New. Shadow has unknowingly been recruited as a soldier for the OGs. The plot is fairly simple. Honestly, the book doesn't really go anywhere special. The best part is figuring out who's who.

It had so much more potential as a TV series because so much was left unexplored. I'm hooked tho.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
oh shyt this is Bryan Fuller ... Im in off Hannibal alone.
Yea I had no idea he did this until about the first 15 minutes with these visuals. I even said under my breath that this reminds me of the cinematography from Hannibal. Looked it up after it went off and wasn't shocked at all. That dream sequence with Shadow Moon in jail dreaming about his wife was dope as fukk. This is gonna be so damn good off the visuals alone.