American Gods: Starz got another one...

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Matter fact, what other New Gods could you cats imagine..... without spoiling shyt? :patrice:

So what you would essentially see, and what we actually do see in real life, are Christians/Catholics who believe in fukkn horoscopes, and the power of Mars, and cringe at the #13, and believe in Leprechauns, and the power of Feng Shui, and a million different saints.

I didn't even think about Saints/Santeria. I guess an example of "New God" would be Santa Muerte. According to wikipedia, the modern form of Santa Muerte didn't even start until the 1940's-1960's
Santa Muerte - Wikipedia

Easteria also has the one up because she represents a season, one that brings in a new harvest. So every inch of the globe, every faith - believers or nonbelievers - depends on her existence. She ultimately wins because her disconnect with modern times is just a branding issue. You pray to god for the food on your table, but spring saved you from winters fast. Once they kick in the climate change angle, it's a wrap. So far out of the group, she has the potential to do the most damage and rock everyone's faith the worse. If she teams up with a few more harvest Gods it's officially a wrap on society.

The Climate Change angle didn't even occur to me. I was thinking her followers would just be some kind of neo-pagen New Age cult, but if she can tie into climate change she could actually get power from real scientists.

Show is hilariously offensive lol and maybe im slow but are they implying that jesus is a new god that jacked easter's prayers cause Odin was on some fukk that nikka shyt the whole episode.

I gotta start reading the book now to hold me over til next season

Not a "new" god, just relatively new compared to Easter. The mentioned something like his followers "willed" him into existence three days after he died, which just happened to be Easter's day.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Peep my post above. He's initially weak because he isn't worshiped as much any longer, BUT when he killed Vulcan that changed. He had the blade forged in his honor and killed him with it and pissed on his blessing basically. That gave him more power. The old Gods need blood sacrifice for power

It's why I fukk with the new gods.

I gotta kill people to show you I fukk with you:dwillhuh: I can't get off this island, you're not gonna give me wind unless I kill my brothers:dahell:

Media is good to me. Vince Gilligan puts out new piff, I watch it, she blesses me. That new Planet of the Apes looking :banderas: Once I buy that ticket on Fandango, I'm getting blessed. I put that Kendrick on, I'm blessed.

Listening to the Kendrick on my phone, Technology blesses me :blessed:

Like @tru_m.a.c said, old gods winning means regression.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It's why I fukk with the new gods.

I gotta kill people to show you I fukk with you:dwillhuh: I can't get off this island, you're not gonna give me wind unless I kill my brothers:dahell:

Media is good to me. Vince Gilligan puts out new piff, I watch it, she blesses me. That new Planet of the Apes looking :banderas: Once I buy that ticket on Fandango, I'm getting blessed. I put that Kendrick on, I'm blessed.

Listening to the Kendrick on my phone, Technology blesses me :blessed:

Like @tru_m.a.c said, old gods winning means regression.

In the pilot episode, Odin implied that Science itself was a new god. He said that after Newton explained how physics worked, it was the people's belief in his theories that allowed a multi-ton airplane to keep flying without falling out of the sky. As in, in this universe the Laws of Motion wouldn't even work without enough people believe in them.

Yeah, if modern science and technology is considered a "god" in this universe, I would take that over getting thrown in a volcano any day.

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
So does Odin have powers or is just weak? I thought not cause nobody believes in his old ass anymore.
But he calling lightning bolts and making snow and shyt
I gotta cop the book
He still has power also he sacrificed laura and the god of fire.
The German origin of Sinterklaas is based on the god Woden (from whom we get the word 'Wodenesday' meaning Woden’s day - today we say Wednesday). Woden was important to the people of what we today call Germany and among the ancient Teutons, as well as the English. Woden, who is a figure in history described in mythology as riding though the air on his white horse, clothed in a flowing robe. He has a long white beard and a big hat because he is also held to have wisdom and he carries a book in his hand

Why we don't celebrate Christmas (No. CB24)
Since some elements of the Sinterklaas celebration are unrelated to Christianity, there are theories regarding the pagan origins of various customs of the holiday stemming from areas where the Germanic peoples were Christianized and retained elements of their indigenous traditions, surviving in various forms into modern depictions of Sinterklaas. Non-Christian elements in Sinterklaas that arguably could have been of pagan origin:

• Sinterklaas rides the rooftops on his white horse which has various names; Odin rides the sky with his grey horse Sleipnir.
  • Sinterklaas gives chocolate letters to children, like Odin gave the rune letters to man.
  • Sinterklaas carries a staff and has mischievous helpers with black faces, who listen at chimneys to find out whether children are bad or good and report to Sinterklaas; Odin has a spear and his black ravens, Huginn and Muninn, who report what happens in the world to Odin

It was interesting the media god hinted at St. Nicholas as being repurposed into Santa for worship. Santa's origin are traced back to Odin

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Show is hilariously offensive lol and maybe im slow but are they implying that jesus is a new god that jacked easter's prayers cause Odin was on some fukk that nikka shyt the whole episode.

I gotta start reading the book now to hold me over til next season
odin been clowning on all the multi-jesus on the low :dead: its my favorite part of the show

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
odin been clowning on all the multi-jesus on the low :dead: its my favorite part of the show

Nothing beats when Mr. World told Shadow how many people his mom smashed, and Wednesday gave him the :huhldup: look :mjlol:

That scene and Shadow's constant :dahell: made that one of the funniest episodes to me.

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The final 2 episodes were fukking amazing. Episode 7 was the best of the season. I'm copping this shyt on my kindle now. Neil Gaiman the god :wow: I copped his book Norse Mythology the other day too which is fire.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
It's worth it fam, I think it improves the show when the missing threads are linked. I might start the books now that I realize how much was going on that I didn't catch.

I watched these for each episode (after watching the series) and a lot of things made more sense once I was done. They compare the books and show too which is cool, since I know there are some real changes that'll make the books worth checking out.

They spoiled who Mr. World really is in their "Who Are The New Gods" video smh

Daps
Who is shadow moon though?

Edit: nevermind

He's a demigod and son of Mr. Wednesday. Probably more powerful than him.

Last edited: