American Gods: Starz got another one...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I was 2 eps behind, just watched both.

Loved both. The use of music in episode 7 was incredible. This is hands down the best looking show on TV....which isn't a surprise since it's the same talent behind "Hannibal".

Old gods handed the new gods that L.:wow:

That gold suit Mr. Nancy had on. :wow:

Easteria was kinda sexy, and I don't know why. :wow:
Mr. World is creepy as fukk. :picard:

I think Media was supposed to be Scarlett O'Hara from "Gone With The Wind". If it's already been pointed out, my bad, like I said I hadn't watched the episodes. Maybe it's a bit too on the nose but I think it'd be cool if she appeared as Scully from "The X-Files", since her whole god gimmick is pop culture characters.

Over all great season and I'm looking forward to season 2.

Fred.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I spent most of it confused at wtf was happening but grabbed some youtube breakdowns to connect all the dots. The finale was flames, I'll be active in here when season 2 rolls around. They really did a lot of stage setting and background this season.
I might need to catch some of those breakdowns because I was lost at some points during the season. I enjoyed the show overall though.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
*drops cup into pool*

Jesus: "....God damn it."
:russ:

I thought the whole pool was going to turn to wine there.

Just think, Easteria is strong enough to create famine on that scale, and easter is mainly just a American thing, and as was mentioned; when it's celebrated we just think about jesus, not her. I wonder how powerful jesus and Allah really are if that's the case, since ya know, people pray to those fukkers multiple times a day:ohhh:

I would think the 14 Jesuses at her party would have a problem with what she did.

My favorite line was when Lucy/Scully was talking to Easter like "Take the deal...St. Nick took it, and look where HE is!"
She should have taken the deal.

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
I would think the 14 Jesuses at her party would have a problem with what she did.

Now that you mention that..hmm. It could play out a couple of ways: The famine could make people start to doubt jesus, or curse his name, depending on how long it last, how wide its spread, or how many people die from it. Which would make them less powerful; and depending on which side jesus chooses aid or hurt Odins plan. Or what shes doing could have a complete opposite effect, and make people pray even harder for it to go away, and like I said make him stronger for whatever side(if he even chooses one)

With that being said though, I still dont see how this will make her stronger, people legit now a days dont know who Esteria is or was, and with the new generation and religion; people just continue to pray to god or jesus when they "need" help :jbhmm:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Now that you mention that..hmm. It could play out a couple of ways: The famine could make people start to doubt jesus, or curse his name, depending on how long it last, how wide its spread, or how many people die from it. Which would make them less powerful; and depending on which side jesus chooses aid or hurt Odins plan. Or what shes doing could have a complete opposite effect, and make people pray even harder for it to go away, and like I said make him stronger for whatever side(if he even chooses one)

With that being said though, I still dont see how this will make her stronger, people legit now a days dont know who Esteria is or was, and with the new generation and religion; people just continue to pray to god or jesus when they "need" help :jbhmm:

I'm expecting Odin will try to create some kind of new Pagan New Age cult to get hippies to follow them. And that he wants Shadow to be like a prophet.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Allah is the same God worshiped in Judaism and Christianity. The differences in the religions come in Jesus. Traditionally, jewish people believe Jesus was here but wasn't the son of God. Christians believe he was and Muslims believe he was a prophet, just like Muhammad. Jesus didn't even want to start a new religion in his name, he wanted to reestablish and renew Judaism, which was his religion. He wanted to change the way things had been done but it ended up sprouting another religion entirely because the Jews at the time disavowed him and thought he was a heretic.

So Allah wouldn't fall into the Jesus category but he would fall into the supreme being "God" category.

The reason for all the different Jesus' is, at least to me, related to the different depictions of him around the world. Every race has a different interpretation of him physically and even personality wise so every one of those interpretations has a seat at the table
I had to rub my eyes and check the thread to confirm you finally shooting in the gym with us:smugnolan:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

Odin told the New Gods to inform the masses to pray to Easter.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Not gonna read the thread, but I just started watching now...

Got to the part where

Dude was getting on the plane acting like an idiot that was retarded to get in 1st class then when homie (from the show 100) got sent to 1st class and dude was acting normal as fukk

I knew I'd like this show after that :mjlol:

Not sure if his wife is coming back or not, I really like the actress that they showed playing her

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what many are missing re: Jesus or Muhammed is that they are human as Mr. Wednesday said. Allah/God in the modern sense would be just as fractured as Jesus. They would fall into a unique place in this universe.