American Gods: Starz got another one...

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Some dude literally posted a major plot point trying to be on some slick shyt as if he guessed it when there is literally no reason for it to even be theorized let alone there being any evidence thus far to prove it:francis:Other cats have been putting the same thing in spoilers when, again, there is no reason to even be bringing it up. If you're telling me the identity of Ian McShane's character was given away in promo posters, you're gonna have to show me the receipts, since the only one I saw with him in it called him a con man or had him holding a couple ravens. Plus not everybody in this thread knew who he was until cats started blatantly saying it without spoilers. Nobody with even an above average knowledge of gods/deities would know the identities of the new ones Shadow has most recently, in the show, been interacting with. Cats in this very thread didn't know who Bilquis was either. I'm pretty sure I didn't even hear Shadow's prison mate's name mentioned before nikkas rushed in here to say who he was. Y'all nikkas that read the book(me included) have no reason to be posting spoilers except for attention. Stop that shyt:camby:

I may have missed those plot points that were given in the thread but I've sen nothing mentioned....at least nothing major. But like I said, anyone could've guessed the plot because they've told you. You've read the book, so I'll spoil it...
I think I've seen one mention of Shadow being a Demi, but also someone asked. I've seen nothing about the town/sherrif, that chick, his ex wife being a zombie...the foreshadowing of the tree and lynching, the actual war...none of that...if anything theorizing about who the Gods are is simple. hell, no one mentioned the Djinn scene until it happened and the Gods that show up later haven't been mentioned. His celly's name is over any of the cast listings. So it's out there

Don't know about the other characters, but with Mr Wednesday saying that Wednesday was his day, and mentioning his bad eye kinda gave away his true identity

I agree with above. Those references pretty much sealed it. Plus we already know that he's the one spearheading the entire war,
so he was pretty much Hey-Zeus, Amen-Ra, Zeus or Odin. But now he's popped shots at Jesus, he's not black, so that left Zeus and Odin. But the entire opening sequence was an ode to Odin.

As for Bilquis, she's said her name, Czernobog & Zorya are mentioned by name, Mad Sweeney is a Leprechaun..said time and time again. As for spoilers, I don't really care because especially now, it's difficult to tell what is a spoiler vs when someone is theorizing. It doesn't change the outcome, doesn't change how it will be portrayed on screen or if it even will be, and if a spoiler of the identity of a character takes you out of the story, you weren't vested enough anyway.

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
Guess I'm with New Gods, stab yourself in the eye with hot sticks, sacrifice your brother and kill a bunch of your brothers just so your god can bless you with wind brehs.

Praise Media to keep getting good tv like this:lawd:

:russ:

I ride with the true OG's but you make a compelling argument...

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I watched HBOs Oz and that homo scene tops the entire series :picard:

Had to skip. I'm still watching the show though :dame:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I enjoyed the ep. I fast forwarded through the gay sex scene.

And nah,
@parallax @nieman you gotta realize that not everybody's gonna pick up on clues like that.

We may be well versed in weird fictional shyt, but you see some folks are in this thread complaining about things that are blatantly obvious to us.

Folks shouldn't be throwing out reveals like that. Half the fun is in the research.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
What was the point of the gay scene anyway? That's how aids is spread?

Also it's ironic that both of the actors are straight

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I read they were gonna cover the book the first season so season 2 gonna be all new material. :blessed:

Brehs aint gonna be able to drop spoilers next season :mjgrin:
nah breh this season is only covering a third of the book iirc

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
nah breh this season is only covering a third of the book iirc
NOm3_f-maxage-0.gif

yeah i misread

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Seriously its super easy to use spoiler tags
Insert spoiler
If its from the book or wasnt in the ep just spoiler tag it:manny:
With that said, I appreciate the fukkery the show brings but Im getting Preacher vibes from this shyt :skip: