American Gods: Starz got another one...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Last episode was dope but that gay sex scene....listen....I don't get why it had to be so graphic. They could've went the artistic route like the lesbian stuff on "Hannibal"....just because you can go ham, doesn't mean you should go ham. I mean, I was expecting it because it's in the book so I can kinda give it a pass but still....

My memory is rusty but I don't think there's anything else overtly gay in the book. So if Bryan Fuller just starts adding gay shyt or dikks I might have to throw this in the bushes off GP. Not because I'm homophobic, but because he shouldn't be adding his own agenda to the source material.

Fred.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It's supposed to be, but this is the coli where nikkas like to remind everyone they read the source material:francis:I just finished reading the novel because I've had it forever, never read it, and didn't want the show to spoil the experience. The funnest part of reading it was figuring out who all the old gods are. Gaiman was really on his shyt as far as history goes and incorporates a ton of different cultures. If the show is as faithful to the book as it seems then there's already a bunch of nikkas in here ruining the fun of finding out people's identities for the non-book readers:beli:Ol' "look at me" nikkas. Same shyt happened in the Game of Thrones and Waking Dead threads

The show isn't really hiding the identities though. Hell, the promotional posters have given as much away as posters in this thread. No one has given away any plot points...not that there is much of one anyway but they gave that away in the opening of the pilot. Anyone with any sort of knowledge on spiritual beings and deities would know who these people are. It's easier here than in the book.

As for Game of Thrones & Walking Dead and such, at this point I think they stray enough from the books that I don't think it matters.

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
Shadow seen him in the cafe, he walked past him.

Fred.

:ohhh:.. that's right... but didn't he have the same suit as his lover? why they switch? did they time skip or something?

american-gods-credit-starz.jpg
american-gods-credit-starz.jpg

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I

I was getting into it but the gay shyt ended it for me.

Never in life is a man supposed to witness such vivid fakkitry
I fast-forwarded that shyt. :scust:

The show is just a slow burn. I don't feel like taking the time to get into another show like this. I'm doing that with Preacher, but I read the comic and enjoyed it.

The only thing I like is the God intros. I'd like to see how they're introduced to the show in the future, but I don't want to wait.

Like I said, 1 more ep to see how it goes. :jbhmm:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
The show isn't really hiding the identities though. Hell, the promotional posters have given as much away as posters in this thread. No one has given away any plot points...not that there is much of one anyway but they gave that away in the opening of the pilot. Anyone with any sort of knowledge on spiritual beings and deities would know who these people are. It's easier here than in the book.

As for Game of Thrones & Walking Dead and such, at this point I think they stray enough from the books that I don't think it matters.
Some dude literally posted a major plot point trying to be on some slick shyt as if he guessed it when there is literally no reason for it to even be theorized let alone there being any evidence thus far to prove it:francis:Other cats have been putting the same thing in spoilers when, again, there is no reason to even be bringing it up. If you're telling me the identity of Ian McShane's character was given away in promo posters, you're gonna have to show me the receipts, since the only one I saw with him in it called him a con man or had him holding a couple ravens. Plus not everybody in this thread knew who he was until cats started blatantly saying it without spoilers. Nobody with even an above average knowledge of gods/deities would know the identities of the new ones Shadow has most recently, in the show, been interacting with. Cats in this very thread didn't know who Bilquis was either. I'm pretty sure I didn't even hear Shadow's prison mate's name mentioned before nikkas rushed in here to say who he was. Y'all nikkas that read the book(me included) have no reason to be posting spoilers except for attention. Stop that shyt:camby:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Some dude literally posted a major plot point trying to be on some slick shyt as if he guessed it when there is literally no reason for it to even be theorized let alone there being any evidence thus far to prove it:francis:Other cats have been putting the same thing in spoilers when, again, there is no reason to even be bringing it up. If you're telling me the identity of Ian McShane's character was given away in promo posters, you're gonna have to show me the receipts, since the only one I saw with him in it called him a con man or had him holding a couple ravens. Plus not everybody in this thread knew who he was until cats started blatantly saying it without spoilers. Nobody with even an above average knowledge of gods/deities would know the identities of the new ones Shadow has most recently, in the show, been interacting with. Cats in this very thread didn't know who Bilquis was either. I'm pretty sure I didn't even hear Shadow's prison mate's name mentioned before nikkas rushed in here to say who he was. Y'all nikkas that read the book(me included) have no reason to be posting spoilers except for attention. Stop that shyt:camby:

Don't know about the other characters, but with Mr Wednesday saying that Wednesday was his day, and mentioning his bad eye kinda gave away his true identity